ES Recruitment Drive
Original Post
Raising Toribash's awareness
It's no news that the community seem to be slowly dying, each time there are less active threads and there are more players quitting toribash than new players trying it. This game is quite old, around ten years already but this doesnt mean it should die now, here I will leave a few suggestions which might help to keep it alive:

1st: Making things easier for new players. The current tutorials aren't bad but they dont help too much when you are new. They are already interactive but I believe that they should have audio as well and a larger variety of them.
For instance: like a tutorial on how to host your server or how to use the market and stuff like that. Dont tell me that you can find those here in the forums because most new players dont even check them.

2nd: Right now toribash is DMR free. However, adding a launcher might help new players as well as making it easier to update it. While loading, there you can show a few vids of the game, popular events as well as some tutorials and that kind of stuff. I would also add there links to the forums, probably to the IRC and clan boards.

3rd: The easiest way to raise the awareness of a game is having popular youtuber playing it. Yes Markiplier did ONE vid about it but that's not enough, what we need instead is a serie of gameplays which keeps viewers interested in the game. This might be the hardest of my suggestions since convising a well-known youtuber to play such a hard game which they probably didnt even know that existed and make a serie out of it kinda sounds impossible.
To make it more possible we should try to convise them by offering to help them to learn how to play and maybe give them some in-game intems, such as 3d items or maybe some textures. What really matters here is that they keep uploading vids about it encouraging their viewers to try it themselfs

4th: Some players get really frustated by how hard is to get in gane items without spending money, remeber that not everyone knows how to make good art and that at the beginning you cant just go around winning tournaments. Adding rewards from loging-in and when you get promoted to the next belt might decrease this frustation.
I am not saying that they should get 1kk tc each time they get to the next belt but maybe something like 1k or 2k would be nice. This however should change from belt to belt, when you are a white belt and become a yellow belt you should get something like 250 tc and it should increase each time you rank up. The daily reward from logging in should work pretty much the same way, take warframe log-in rewards as an example, they arent great but they keep players loging in constantly.

5th and last one: dividing the in game chat in the room chat, support, region, clan chat and IRC. This might sound a bit odd but its actually quite useful and will make it easier to acces the stuff members, specially for those who arent used to using the forums.

Alright that is what I suggest, I hope this helps the community to keep alive. We must keep this game alive, its worth the effort!
<Xioi> Become one with the bleach
Steam
Originally Posted by uppkicker View Post

We need high ranking youtubers to play it, we need a "competitive" element to it, something that people actually can make a living on. but all this requires a large fanbase.

Well, a few years ago NerdCubed played the game, then had a few coop videos with InTheLiddleWood. Average YouTubers with Nerd being slightly more popular. In all honesty we need more of that.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[VIBE] 2015~2016 | Team Pokemon | [Origin] 2014~2015 | Team Aikido | [Obey] ~Because Frost Said So...
Originally Posted by Flames View Post
I'm not too sure how I feel about the launcher. I like the idea of having events, your Tori and a way to the forums like the Warframe launcher, but I don't see a total point to it like Solax said Steam already kinda does that. I thinking he menu it that could work out with the events soon maybe just have a banner and a forum option.

The Matchmaking system is still in beta so I wouldent judge it yet and just give them time to finalize it before discussing that.

There were a lot of previous suggestions about a % of force you put in but I think that's just a bad idea and will make the game even more confusing which I think would turn new players away even more.

I think about the Youtubers it wouldent be too realistic to have some super huge Youtuber play it consistently. I think even just some Toribash YouTube channels would be great for the community though and might spark someone interest into trying the game.

About the % thingy, i think you misunderstood me, we should not change the current tb, we should make a NEW version, and see how it goes. I actually believe it would be simpler for players to make their own moves with a % system.
Originally Posted by Fear View Post
You know, this isn't really a valid argument for toribash: this game is updated infrequently and the updates are minor at best. What would need gigs of data?

That's a good point. I'm just opposed to launchers out of principle I guess.
Originally Posted by Fates View Post
Well, a few years ago NerdCubed played the game, then had a few coop videos with InTheLiddleWood. Average YouTubers with Nerd being slightly more popular. In all honesty we need more of that.

That would help a lot since after the release on steam not many youtubers played it again. There was like this super hype when ppl found it but then they stopped playing after like 1 or 2 weeks.

About the launcher: this might be a bit dificult to develop, I don't know about programing but I guess it would take time since you need to code all the stuff and make the art for it, maybe it could be an event so the members of the comunity make it's art
Steam
The game need to have product placement. Maybe, an ACTUAL DRIVE to promote the game to other companies. Send something to Google (who runs youtube btw), send something to Microsoft. We need to gain attention. When your in the internet, to gain anyones eye you need a huge billboard and signs with blinking lights. We can't just sit on the side of the road with our thumbs in the air and hope someone important and influential stops by to give us a ride. We somehow got steams attention so... Ideas? Its not the fact that the games boring to hard to learn because even the worst players can have stupid fun playing the game.
Last edited by Fates; Feb 11, 2016 at 04:19 PM.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[VIBE] 2015~2016 | Team Pokemon | [Origin] 2014~2015 | Team Aikido | [Obey] ~Because Frost Said So...
I had an idea a while back for an event: prior to actually starting the event we would send out invites to youtubers who may be interested in joining our event and participating in a tournament. once we get a group of youtubers willing to participate we would each form teams (teams being "you are assigned to a GM who is running the team" or "let the members choose who they wanted to support")
each team would get a youtuber and from that point on is responsible for training their youtuber. At a set date all the youtubers get together and have a tournament style bout to see who trained their respective player the best.

Perhaps my idea was more towards what you were thinking? Obviously my plan needs work and development but it's a start to something.
"I don't need a safety word because my mother didn't raise no quitter." ~BaraYaoi - BDSM Expert
Sometimes it seems like the developers dont care much about this game's publicity, maybe doing collaborations with other developers would help. I have seen some developer collaboratin in steam games usually giving publicity to each other and stuff like that.

Yeah that would work, you would need to get some support on that idea tho but its good
Steam
Originally Posted by Day View Post
I had an idea a while back for an event: prior to actually starting the event we would send out invites to youtubers who may be interested in joining our event and participating in a tournament. once we get a group of youtubers willing to participate we would each form teams (teams being "you are assigned to a GM who is running the team" or "let the members choose who they wanted to support")
each team would get a youtuber and from that point on is responsible for training their youtuber. At a set date all the youtubers get together and have a tournament style bout to see who trained their respective player the best.

Perhaps my idea was more towards what you were thinking? Obviously my plan needs work and development but it's a start to something.

I would say this would be a great idea. For example , just send a message to Pewdiepie. ( hampa must send message as he is the game developer) and there you have it instant new 40mil players .

Just send out a few invitations and there you have it. All of a sudden theres 1trillion white belts
And if we are lucky enough at least half of them will keep playing the game after the hype that would be great
Steam
Originally Posted by Onsola View Post
Sometimes it seems like the developers dont care much about this game's publicity, maybe doing collaborations with other developers would help. I have seen some developer collaboratin in steam games usually giving publicity to each other and stuff like that.

Yeah that would work, you would need to get some support on that idea tho but its good

Toribash is a one of a kind. I don't see dev collaborations going over too well.

I do like the idea of providing incentive to play. (what I heard about people downloading the game and then never playing again) I wouldn't be prone to a system like smite for example. Seeing tutorial vidoes, etc ingame like so would be awesome. It would totaly promote the replay making and video making industry. It could be used for a plethora of things in fact. Event's could start being narrated and vidoes could gain attractions from the outside.

It would take dedicated work from staff members, but I can see a good end result. Really though, it would be something new and exiting.
Chickster: I literally don't know why I did it.