Stalker
Texture Artist
3D Artist
Ragey07
3D Artist
Platavion
3D Artist
What we do, and plan to do.

Our primary and only goal is to bring you, the toribashians new and exciting items to trick out your tori, or even power them up...
What lies in wait for you from the Forgers is and will always be a mystery, but we promise to make you happy with every release!

FAQ:

FAQ

Hints.
DISCLAIMER:
All items under hints are not set in stone, and may not even be made. We will not reveal information or answer questions about the items either.

Hints.

Last edited by Icky; Jul 7, 2018 at 06:33 AM.
maybe it is the version of the client? on my standalone .95 i get the bug ( elf one atleast) but on steam .96 it is all ok.
no u

Originally Posted by SkulFuk View Post
The "seams" are all where the UV map edges are, so with stuff that has a mirrored texture you find them across the middle; where as for example the propeller cap, there are seams all over it where each texture section is. It's just how unwrapping works.
Seems to be an oddity in how some systems are handling the edges of UV maps, and instead of drawing it to the edge like they should, it kinda mongs out leaving an untextured section.

IMO the easiest way to hide it on paper would be to only join textures in parts where it's hidden, however that isn't always possible. Add that there's increased chances for rendering oddities with lesser hardware if things are hidden internally, and it gets a whole lot more awkward.

Weird that people have only just noticed it happening. Guess that shows how (un)popular previous items were lol

Well we try to avoid such edges as best as we can by unwrapping the outside parts as a whole and leaving the seams on the inside of the items, I personally never mirror my textures, but that is just personal preference. The uv edges just leaves brutal black lines even if you texture them all the way out. I guess that is why I prefer to make black or dark items, because then you don't have to worry about the edges that much. Maybe it would be a good idea to experiment with different shader settings for previews.
Last edited by Ezeth; Jan 7, 2016 at 12:46 AM.
The black lines aren't bad, and for the most part they're unnoticeable - it's when there's a 1/2" white strip where crap hardware failed to 3D correctly it becomes an issue.
Sadly though, unless you have a machine with whatever crap hardware & settings required to cause the aforementioned 3D fail it's hard to judge if it'll happen on an edge or not. Some do, some don't.

<Erf> SkulFuk: gf just made a toilet sniffing joke at me
<Erf> i think
<Erf> i think i hate you
Originally Posted by SkulFuk View Post
The "seams" are all where the UV map edges are, so with stuff that has a mirrored texture you find them across the middle; where as for example the propeller cap, there are seams all over it where each texture section is. It's just how unwrapping works.

Not quite my friend, those seams are from an smooth and UV mapping bug. We had the same issue on the demon wings, couldn't get it to map properly in the end, that's why the texture looks how it does lol.

Avoiding smooth and SS help a lot, but even then there can be problems. I Believe the shark model was fixed anyway ;)

Elf is another reason entirely, but I would guess that unsmoothing it would fix the problem.
Last edited by Gorman; Jan 9, 2016 at 12:07 PM.
When I see you, my heart goes DOKI⑨DOKI
Fish: "Gorman has been chosen for admin. After a lengthy discussion we've all decided that Gorman is the best choice for the next admin."
Heyo, i was directed here for suggestions, so i thought i'd suggest a Paper hat, a cool item, maybe you could even base an event about different textures for it, or make it tell a story :P Each fold being evident would be a tricky challenge though, but i think it'd be pretty fabulous, around the price of gentlemans essentials or the box heads :P
-----
I return again with the idea of an arrow going through the side or back of the knee, to make the phrase "Took an arrow to the knee" true. Cons could be vision effects or it going through another body part, so it's have to probably be a small arrow to prevent that.
-----
I'm back already, next suggestion is a plausible set of 3 items, a night cap, 2 slippers, left and right and possibly a sleeping blindfold
-----
Once again, the brainstorming continues, one of those self balancing toothbrushes on tori or uke's head would be kind of novelty, as well as a suction toothbrush you can stick to walls on the side of uke/tori's head. You could also have a poor mans top hat, ie a top hat with a hole in the top connected by a little bit on one side and angled to a side by around 15-20 degrees :P
-----
I return again <3 This time the item is like the unicorn horn, but more deadly, a tank turret! xD
-----
Gorman made a version of the tank, here's a screenshot xD https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...2000.20.58.png
-----
Gorman made the paper hat <3 https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...2000.44.21.png
Last edited by ZeDerpyOne; Jan 9, 2016 at 05:46 PM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
Tim is bae :3
you guys should make a sword item thats on your back :3
Hey there freind amigo pal home slice bread slice dont step over that diddly darn line or i'll have to snap your diddly darn sneck
Originally Posted by ZeDerpyOne View Post
Gorman made a version of the tank, here's a screenshot xD https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...2000.20.58.png

now that one's awesome! nice job gorman!
The past makes you wanna die out of regret, and future makes you depressed out of anxiety. So by elimination, the present is likely the happiest time.
Originally Posted by ThePirateKing View Post
now that one's awesome! nice job gorman!

It made me so happy when i clicked on his creation xD i suggested it and the result he made was fucking magic xD
Tim is bae :3