ES Recruitment Drive
Original Post
The Witcher 2 - Assassins of Kings
Launch trailer:

Some info:
Its sequel (obviously) to The Witcher, released back in 2007 by CDProjekt RED, a polish company.
I guess that not too many people know but the events in The Witcher are inspired by the books wrote by Andrzej Sapkowski. The game tells the story of Geralt of Rivia, a Witcher (or Hexer), which is basically a mutaded human that is a professional monster hunter. I won't spoil the first game too much, so I'll let the wiki help us
Originally Posted by http://witcher.wikia.com/
The game is centred around Geralt the witcher, also known as "the White Wolf", who at the beginning of the game suffers from amnesia. He gradually learns that he was a very renowned witcher, and that he had friends and enemies almost everywhere, who remember him but whom he does not remember. Through the player's actions, he will redefine those relationships and choose his path in the political intrigue that surrounds him.

Description:
Genre: RPG
Publisher: Atari
Developer: CD Projekt
Rating: M for Mature, PEGI 18+, etc.
Release date: RELEASED! (05-17-11)

Technical info:
PC only (CDP said they are working on console port)
Min specs:
OS: Windows XP SP2 / Windows Vista SP2 / Windows 7 (32/64-bit)
Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo 2.2 Ghz or AMD Athlon 64 X2 5000+
Memory: 1 GB Windows XP / 2 GB Windows Vista and Windows 7
Video Card: 512 MB RAM, supporting Pixel Shader 3.0 (Nvidia GeForce 8800 or ATI Radeon HD3850)

Recomended:
OS: Windows XP SP2 / Windows Vista SP2 / Windows 7 (32/64-bit)
Processor: Intel Core 2 Quad or AMD Phenom X4
Memory: 3 GB Windows XP / 4 GB Windows Vista and Windows 7
Video Card: 1 GB RAM, supporting Pixel Shader 3.0 (Nvidia GeForce GTX260 or ATI Radeon HD4850)

Additional info:
Sound Card: compatible with DirectX 9.0c
HDD: 16 GB of disc space
Disc Drive: DVD x8, compatible with DVD9
Installation requires administrator access.
Game supports Xbox 360 controller for Windows.

Right, now some in-game footage (if anyone wants, i'll remove the images, its really heavy thread by now)

Last edited by ziknon; May 17, 2011 at 10:27 PM. Reason: Thanks a lot RyuRanX
Game looks interesting, but you should add in some more info about consoles it will be on, gameplay, website, and what it's about etc.
like we did with dragon age 2? yeah that went well :P

I'll just wait it out and see how it is, looks promising but my attention is turned on skyrim right now
<&Fish>: did you just infract the toribot?
<&Fish>: you're fired
<JSnuffMARS> sounds like a drug-addiction or mastu(I'll censor that word)
<bishopONE>: also yeah fisting
<mwah> Gynx is it true you got admin over hero because hes from pakistan
It's pretty, but they didn't show any in-game footage. That tells me they are still working on it (best hope), or that the plot is far too linear for my tastes. The use of Celtic wailing to create an epic feel is so overused. I did like the gritty feel of it though.
Originally Posted by 1handclap View Post
It's pretty, but they didn't show any in-game footage. That tells me they are still working on it (best hope), or that the plot is far too linear for my tastes. The use of Celtic wailing to create an epic feel is so overused. I did like the gritty feel of it though.

Yes, they did show in-game footage. There are at least 4 developer diaries, along with various launch trailers and they showed a demo at E3. There's shitloads of info about it out already.
Gameplay footage, may contain some spoilers.

Last edited by ziknon; May 17, 2011 at 01:00 AM.
The combat looks boring.

Originally Posted by up2u View Post
Calling it now.

RPG of the year.

You will be at the mercy of Bethesda and Blizzard for that comment!
Last edited by Gorman; May 17, 2011 at 02:37 AM.
Second Ziknon gameplay review "the bard hangs for debauchery". OK I'm won over partially with that quote, it still looks a bit linear to me, but I'd try out a demo.
Last edited by 1handclap; May 17, 2011 at 04:01 AM.