Toribash
Original Post
change engagedistance mid-replay
i know there's already a way to do this, but i wanted to share my own method which i find much simpler than the existing one.
i'm not aware if anyone else knows of this method, but i haven't found any tutorials so i'll make my own.

okay so, have you ever wanted to change your engagedistance in the middle of making a replay? of course you have lmao why else would you be here

let's take "tut" as an example replay

example

and let's say i feel that uke is too far away for me

open up the replay in notepad (go to your toribash folder, then to your "replays" folder, right click the desired replay and open with notepad)

find the NEWGAME line, should be the 10th line from the top

first you're gonna need the line that says 1 0 2, change it to 1 0 1

save the file and exit notepad, then open the replay with toribash

you should see that uke is gone, hit F and save the replay as it is, close toribash

open the replay with notepad again and change the engagedistance number to whatever you wish, then set the numbers back to 1 0 2 to add uke back. but since this method only moves uke, you can use negative numbers to get the distance you wish for (e.g. -100)

when i set the engagedistance to 0

when i set the engagedistance to -200

since uke will be relaxed, you'll need to add this JOINT line to frame 0 for him to hold all

JOINT 1; 0 3 1 3 2 3 3 3 4 3 5 3 6 3 7 3 8 3 9 3 10 3 11 3 12 3 13 3 14 3 15 3 16 3 17 3 18 3 19 3

this tutorial may seem really in-depth compared to oblivion's, i just wanted to make sure you understand everything correctly. it's actually really simple when you do it all at once, and takes way less time than deleting all the POS lines.
Last edited by WorldEater; Oct 28, 2017 at 03:43 PM.
It's not that different from oblivions method.
He also mentioned that you can only delete the pos 1 lines which tell ukes position and thats all your method does. ^^

So at first you change the 1 0 2 to 1 0 1. This basicly makes the replay a one player replay and deletes all the information regarding uke.
After you saved you make it a 2 player replay again by changing the line back to 1 0 2. Now you are missing ukes joint information which you insert, and then you are done.

So your method is more work if uke hasn't been moved and there is only a information in the Frame 0 regarding uke you can delete the pos 1 line and set the ed.
But if you have a multiplayer replay, where you want to get rid of uke, but and only uke your method is better.

Klein Bottles only have one surface so they are the easiest thing to clean

Originally Posted by Ukephile View Post
It's not that different from oblivions method.
He also mentioned that you can only delete the pos 1 lines which tell ukes position and thats all your method does. ^^

deleting POS lines takes way longer that changing one number and pasting one line

So at first you change the 1 0 2 to 1 0 1. This basicly makes the replay a one player replay and deletes all the information regarding uke.
After you saved you make it a 2 player replay again by changing the line back to 1 0 2. Now you are missing ukes joint information which you insert, and then you are done.

So your method is more work if uke hasn't been moved and there is only a information in the Frame 0 regarding uke you can delete the pos 1 line and set the ed.
But if you have a multiplayer replay, where you want to get rid of uke, but and only uke your method is better.

so in one, singular event the method is more work that Oblivions. Does this make this method any less useful? not really

h
1.) For a result equal to his method you would have only to delete the 1 existing POS 1 line and change the engage distance.
Not all pos lines....

2.)it's not less usefull it just takes allways the same amount of work, instead of oblivions method, where there is as nuch work as there are lines. So if you want to get rid of a lot if lines regarding uke his method is more efficient.
Last edited by Ukephile; Dec 7, 2015 at 08:59 PM.

Klein Bottles only have one surface so they are the easiest thing to clean