Ranking
I am an aikido duelyst and I beat people who contract their wrist. When I fought Shmevin in TBAP2k15, he wrecked me without the contracted wrists so... GGSHMEV

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Toribash Season 1 Rank 3 | Ex-ES Artist | Ex-Mascot of [Alpha]
CLAN LEAGUE 2019 WINNER
Well, yeah. This thread will probably make me used relaxed wrists in normal aikido.

However, since ABD is a bad mod, and wrist control is so fucking important there, I'll probably stick with contracting them there.
Owner of Fred
ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
i think this is kind of good but bad at the same time. becouse if players/ pro aikido players joins for example your room to play some aikido. They know what to do in theese problems!. So it does not matter if it works or not, i tried but didnt work at all. But good tutorial. Main reason why was becouse i was playing around in semi-pro and met someone on aikido. And i learned the tutorial and did everysingle step. But nope i got rekt

Originally Posted by SweeYollo View Post
i think this is kind of good but bad at the same time. becouse if players/ pro aikido players joins for example your room to play some aikido. They know what to do in theese problems!. So it does not matter if it works or not, i tried but didnt work at all. But good tutorial. Main reason why was becouse i was playing around in semi-pro and met someone on aikido. And i learned the tutorial and did everysingle step. But nope i got rekt

what are exact problems you experience and in which technique?
tell me about aikido
~referencing Dark Souls in suicidal threads since 13/01/15
I personally really enjoyed these videos and think that people should start playing bushido style a lot more often.
👹 Bushido Member 👹
Really like these videos, the narration is a very nice touch.

My questions after watching these videos:
What do I do if I notice my opponent is going for as throw/suplex/turnover and I've gone for a turnover/throw/suplex/ect? - IE how do I counter these techniques once I realize I'm in one? (Assuming that one can realize they're in a throw/suplex/turnover before it's too late to react).
How do I remain neutral in order to attempt to react to these techniques? (Guessing the answer is noobclab and maybe go low, but as an aikido noob I have no idea if my instincts serve me well here).
How do I react to these techniques if I've taking a neutral-reactionary stance?

Bonus question:
What do I do whenever I expect my opponent will go for a "cheese" like contracted wrists or a shovel? - I know the answer for this one has probably been said elsewhere, but as far as this guide being an all in one aikido guide goes. Knowing what to go for/do in these situations would be very nice (Also not just asking to play devil's advocate or anything. I really don't know what to do here).

But ye questions aside, really like the videos. Might actually try and pick up aikido now after I get the answers to those questions.
Last edited by GoodBox; Jun 28, 2015 at 09:59 AM.
(>^_^)>
Originally Posted by GoodBox View Post
Really like these videos, the narration is a very nice touch.

My questions after watching these videos:
What do I do if I notice my opponent is going for as throw/suplex/turnover and I've gone for a turnover/throw/suplex/ect? - IE how do I counter these techniques once I realize I'm in one? (Assuming that one can realize they're in a throw/suplex/turnover before it's too late to react).
How do I remain neutral in order to attempt to react to these techniques? (Guessing the answer is noobclab and maybe go low, but as an aikido noob I have no idea if my instincts serve me well here).

Bonus question:
What do I do whenever I expect my opponent will go for a "cheese" like contracted wrists or a shovel? - I know the answer for this one has probably been said elsewhere, but as far as this guide being an all in one aikido guide goes. Knowing what to go for/do in these situations would be very nice (Also not just asking to play devil's advocate or anything. I really don't know what to do here).

But ye questions aside, really like the videos. Might actually try and pick up aikido now after I get the answers to those questions.

Sorry if I miss anything out here snake, answering since you didn't.

What do I do if I notice my opponent is going for as throw/suplex/turnover and I've gone for a turnover/throw/suplex/ect?

Get lower, plant your feet on the ground and attempt to put him off balance, making him spin/lift himself up in the air. Ensure you help him land uncomfortable.

Exactly, go low. Also try leaning back (Easy through contracting one of the knees) helps a lot and makes you very hard to lift!

Get low, lean back, get throwing, profit!

Bonus question

Your opponent about to liftkick you? Shovel you? Sadly, many of these techniques are hard to counter without early preparations. My tip to you is to always clap, eventually you'll learn to counter everything, and then you won't bother thinking about annoying openers.

Extend your wrists, extend elbows, lower shoulders, contract pecs, contract hips and extend knees.

this movement might lift your tori, but it will also lift your opponent using your legs as a hook from below. Useful against shovels, the only counter I know to a lift-kick and excellent against suplexes.

Sorry for the delay.

Hopefully Snake will come and correct me some if I'm wrong, I'm happy to listen to what he has to say about this.
Owner of Fred
ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Obrigado , tutorial ajudou bastante !

Sempre grato por esse tipo de trabalho, ajuda muito os novos players
go after their goals