Toribash
Original Post
how much
Hey.
hmm , well i was wondering how much would it costs to get a new pc without screen , to get 70/80 fps on GTA IV.

I have 400 euros in my hands , which is worth 535 usd.
Is it enough ?
For 70/80 fps on GTA VI you need at least double I suppose...

I don't think it can be played at 80 fps at max with the current hardware...
Proud member of [Pandora]
No "gaming" computer is around 535 bucks unless it's from a dear friend. The average decent gaming comp is 700 dollars. If you want a not-so-good-but-ok kind of gaming computer you need atleast 600.

You could find a laptop like mine that runs most games at mid settings 20 fps.

Gateway nv52 is what I have.
"Can't see California with Marlon Brando's eyes"

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"She isn't real.... Can't make her real"
Also consider that gta iv isn't very optimized and also a bit more stressful on the CPU. Still requires a good gpu. Also, you want it maxed? The settings are moderately adjustable for slightly lower end pcs.

But I agree, you should invest a bit more.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Gimp is Pimp(tm)

DarkJak's Wide-Range Texture Shop[LINK]

Incognito - [o]
Also what country do you live in? Because that can effect the availability and cost of hardware.
A lot of posters at other forums often complain about the prices being the same in number for euros to dollars. So a 500 euro item would sometimes only be 500 usd. I think that's a more pessimistic scenario, but I bet it's gonna be a bit higher for him too.

Hmmm didn't take that into account at first. Might really have to pay double, not just 50% more for a good rig.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Gimp is Pimp(tm)

DarkJak's Wide-Range Texture Shop[LINK]

Incognito - [o]
400 euro/ 535 Usd is definitely not enough to play GTA 4 on high settings at a really high FPS.
also GTA 4 is badly optimized, even if u spent 1500 euros, no one could guarantee it would work.
wishful eyes deceive me
that $ will be good for the gpu to run gta 4 but u need more for the ram,cpu,motherbord and psu..
I live in france, and i already have a cool graphic card : nvidia gforce 9600 gt
i just have to buy ram , cpu etc.

hmm , so how much should it be to buy all the rest to make gta iv run at 50/60 fps ? as long as it doesn't go down to 20 fps at some times , i want it to stay at 50/60 always.
Last edited by gabiel; Apr 25, 2010 at 12:23 PM.