people playing: 204, servers online: 60, games played: 136,933,111 Top Player: Savior4

Toribash Community » Toribash » Mods
Register FAQ General Rules Community

Old May 3, 2017   #1351
Hypersaint

4th Dan Black Belt
Clan: Team ICA

Ah that is probably it.
The ting goes skrrrahh, pap, pap, ka-ka-ka
Skibiki-pap-pap, and a pu-pu-pudrrrr-boom
Hypersaint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 3, 2017   #1352
MrMiyagy

Astrophysics Belt

How do you use the player positioning thing? Like to make the toris stand side by side or back to back or something like that, or make them be turned so they're horizontal like, sideways?
Psychology, the way to win Toribash games.
MrMiyagy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 3, 2017   #1353
DashSora
Event Mod Squad

Master Belt
Clan: Rain

Originally Posted by MrMiyagy View Post
How do you use the player positioning thing? Like to make the toris stand side by side or back to back or something like that, or make them be turned so they're horizontal like, sideways?

https://gyazo.com/099b0a6e9ddb3c6c2e70cd3d7a5b9fb4

first page tab 3 & 4: Either you set in the rules their distance, height and rotation from one another in tab 3, or set their specific coords and rotation in tab 4
DashSora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 3, 2017   #1354
MrMiyagy

Astrophysics Belt

Thanks man, I will look into it, seems interesting and I've become interested in mod making.
Old May 5, 2017   #1355
MrMiyagy

Astrophysics Belt

How do you save and upload a mod that you make it when you're done with it? I was wondering about it.
Old May 5, 2017   #1356
ShadowNyah

Brown Belt

I tested with increasing the strength on the joint, and no difference was made.
DashSora did you successfully view the Mod yet? I don't have any successful solutions for my jittering joint issue.
ShadowNyah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 5, 2017   #1357
DashSora
Event Mod Squad

Master Belt
Clan: Rain

Originally Posted by ShadowNyah View Post
I tested with increasing the strength on the joint, and no difference was made.
DashSora did you successfully view the Mod yet? I don't have any successful solutions for my jittering joint issue.

Sorry hadnt seen your message with the mod (i was looking fr an attachment or the mods link (right click - copy link's adress).

Yep, very simple fix :

Don't have different rotations for objects you're gonna link together. Keep em straight and play on their scale to fit your needs (like this).

Put the axis of your joints z=1, this is standard for most joints you'll want to be static, and raise strength to 999999

Et voila !

Originally Posted by MrMiyagy View Post
How do you save and upload a mod that you make it when you're done with it? I was wondering about it.

If it’s your very first time, you’ll need to create a folder called “modmaker” in your mods folder (Cgames\toribash\data\mod by default), this is where all the mods you’ll export go. Then, upload them here and wait 5-10 mins to be able to play them with your friends (in multiplayer). You’ll have to reupload a new version if you want to make modifications to your mod.
DashSora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 6, 2017   #1358
MrMiyagy

Astrophysics Belt

DashSora, thanks for the information, do you have anything I can contact you on, outside of Toribash forums? Also, what file type do mods save as? .tbm right?
Old May 6, 2017   #1359
ShadowNyah

Brown Belt

Dashsora, i set the strength of Joint Object 3, to 999999 as you said, and Object 4 and Joint Object 3 have 45, -45, 0 as their rotations.
If i'm correct, you're including the dagger handle (Object 1) that is underneath the foot, as a object that has to have the same rotation as Object 4. If that's the case, i'm wondering how the rotations are to be set, as Object 1 is also connected to Object 3.
Don't have different rotations for objects you're gonna link together. Keep em straight and play on their scale to fit your needs (like this).

Also. If I do what your example suggests, then I will have to use more objects to stop the weapon sliding off the side of the foot. I want to create one for each foot, which means I can only use 4/16 objects per foot, and one is the dagger blade that goes on the handle underneath the foot. This means that the other two objects that is on the top of the foot, has to be angled so it blocks 2 and a half of the sides of the foot.
Object 3 Blocks the right, the top right, and the front side (via blocking the front of the ankle joint).
Object 4 blocks the back, the left, and the top left side.
Object 3 and 4, accumulatively, block the top side of the foot (top right side [\] + [/] top left side = top side [/-\)
Object 1 (the handle of the dagger part) blocks the bottom, and prevents the foot from colliding immediately with the blade of the dagger.
I cannot add more objects, or I would only be able to have 2 of the weapons (1 per person).

Last edited by ShadowNyah; May 6, 2017 at 02:13 PM..
ShadowNyah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 5, 2017   #1360
Odlov
Toribash Legend

God Belt
Clan: Parrot

I am facing a weird problem with my mod. All I want is for regular hits (kicks, punches) to score points normally, but they don't. Mind you, damage threshold is off, and most body/joint points are not modified from their default values. If someone can figure out what's going on I'd really appreciate it.

http://cache.toribash.com/cp/data/mo...er_16_test.tbm
Odlov is offline   Reply With Quote