Ranking
Original Post
Head Texture of the Month: Space

This is one small step for an Artist, but a big step for the Artist Community !

In this event, the Event Squad (ES) give you guys a theme to work with, and you have 4 weeks to create an amazing head texture. The person who creates the head that best fits the judging criteria receives prizes. But don't worry if you don't make it out on top, as there will be several honourable mentions. Let's get right into it!

The winner will receive:

Several honourable mentions will be picked; if your head receives an honourable mention, you will receive !

Winning entries and honourable mentions will be happily advertised in both the original post of the following month's thread with the artists credited AND in a sticky thread in the Art forum. Also, if you're looking to establish yourself as an artist in the Toribash community, this is your big chance for publicity!

We do still have rules that are to be followed. Keep in mind we possibly will not judge your art if it doesn't follow all these rules.

- No plagiarism, this isn't tolerated at all and is severely punishable
- If your submission looks like a joke, it will not be judged.
- Do not submit old/pre-made textures.
- A rough sketch or WIP is required to prove that it is a head in progress and not a pre-made head that you are reposting.
- Collaborations are allowed, however in this scenario prizes will be split.
- Only one submission is allowed, which also means no alts used to submit two different heads. If you're collaborating with another artist, you can only submit that head.
- Submissions must be in 512x512 or higher.
- Post watermarked flats in this thread with spherical previews. It would be much appreciated if you used Toribash Textures for 3D previews.
- If you aren't using Toribash Textures, ensure to make your previews clear, show all aspects of your head and attempt to keep watermarks somewhat non-intrusive while still being effective.
- We encourage you to post frequent WIPs, just make sure in your post that it's clear what the final product is.

The winners for the previous HTOTM event were as follows:

Last HTOTM winners / honourable mentions

Four weeks after this post, the ES will judge the entries and the process begins. It could take anywhere between 2 days to 1 week. Your entries will be judged based on the following criteria:

- How well the idea fits the theme
- Uniqueness; think outside the box, as it could be the difference between winning and losing
- The execution of your idea

Once the judges have decided on a winner, a post will be made announcing the artists who won / received honourable mentions. Good luck!

This month's theme is Space!

The deadline is the 1st of April, 20:00 (GMT+0)
Last edited by Swosh; Mar 4, 2018 at 12:22 PM.
honestly i dont think chab should have won

the reason being he really just did his millionth anime girl head and added a thousand details, nothing special about it

hagan should have won in my opinion, his head was much more creative

that being said chabs head is nice, but i dont think it was creative at all
Originally Posted by KingFrace View Post
honestly i dont think chab should have won

the reason being he really just did his millionth anime girl head and added a thousand details, nothing special about it

hagan should have won in my opinion, his head was much more creative

that being said chabs head is nice, but i dont think it was creative at all

I respect your opinion and I love Hagan's head tbh but "millionth anime girl head" is a bit too exaggerated don't you think?

I wouldn't even call this anime because this is my first try on semi-realism and I know it didn't turn out the way it should. But you calling my head not creative at all is just baffling. I spent days thinking and redesigning the head over and over again so don't say that this shit ain't creative, brother.