Toribash
Original Post
A harder question:
Here's one that sounds wicked.

Could you love someone so much that you can hate them, or can you hate someone so much that you can love them? Answer with logic.

Here are a few things to keep in mind:
1) Name one person that you know REALLY well and who you don't love, if that's possible.
2) Hate and love are strong words, some of the strongest.
3) This isn't a stupid emotional thing, use logic.
Tough question. But there is a point at which you can "hate" a person so much, that you "love" them. And yet, "love" them so much that you "hate" them. Needless to say, this is a difficult situation.
-----
and yes 1 girl who i completely hated tbh i thought she was a world slut she was that fucking bitchy anyways were going out now and she isnt as slutty as used 2 be. so heres 1 situation that backs my answer
Last edited by aza111; Jan 3, 2011 at 04:12 AM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
I don't believe either is possible. Especially considering that the two (love and hate) are polar opposites of one another. If you think about it, opposites do not mix.
Now I can see how you could go from one to the other in an incredibly short amount of time, but not do both at the same time.

Considering that I just answered no to the original question, I don't see a reason to name a person.

Just one more thing. I don't think logic really applies to love or hate. Just saying.
um bro. you can do oth at the same time like if your hating a person that means your thinking about him/her even more- same with the otherway around maybe. my apoligies if i wrong
Originally Posted by aza111 View Post
um bro. you can do oth at the same time like if your hating a person that means your thinking about him/her even more- same with the otherway around maybe. my apoligies if i wrong

Please go learn to write with some semblance of grammar, spelling, and general coherency. I'm afraid that I have no idea what you just said.

Thank you.
yes. if you love your wife and you catch her screwing another man in your bed.
Purity Of Essence
Originally Posted by Cloneone1 View Post
Here's one that sounds wicked.

Could you love someone so much that you can hate them, or can you hate someone so much that you can love them? Answer with logic.

Here are a few things to keep in mind:
1) Name one person that you know REALLY well and who you don't love, if that's possible.
2) Hate and love are strong words, some of the strongest.
3) This isn't a stupid emotional thing, use logic.

No, this is ridiculous.

Obviously you can sequentially love someone or hate someone, but one feeling cannot produce the other, and you cannot have them simultaneously. That is about as logical as the continuing existence of this thread.
Buy TC for a great price here! http://forum.toribash.com/showthread.php?t=240345
Buy VIP and Toriprime for a great price here! http://forum.toribash.com/showthread.php?t=237249

Hey look more than two lines.
Unfortunately, I... don't REALLY have something to fill #1 on your list of three things to keep in mind.

I believe that you CAN'T hate someone to the point where you fall in love with them, since hatred would distance you from that other person. I am not talking about disgust, or despise, but true hatred. Hate from the very aura of the person. Hate not because of what a person sees in another, but hatred overall.

Now, I believe that you CAN hate someone because you love them so much, but under specific circumstances. For example...

A - If you love someone and try to become close to them, yet they don't really acknowledge or notice your love. Even if you confess to the person, they later on act as if nothing happened. This is ACTION based love to hate. It's quite possible. The thing is, you could end up hating AND loving the person at the same time, loving them for who they are yet hating them for not noticing. Hatred is aimed at a different area, though at the same person.

B - Perhaps you love someone because of a trait that they have, maybe because it's trait that you feel protects or supports you even though you don't have it. Or... perhaps it's because you don't have it or they use it to help you, that you love them. In this circumstance, though, it may be because of this trait that prevents him or her from loving you back, or noticing, or even because it prevents you from being able to show this other person your emotions. The very reason you love this person is also the very reason you hate them. And if it was the latter choice of the list in the previous sentence, you would also hate yourself for loving someone with such a quality. In this scenario, hatred is aimed at the source of love, and at the person that you love. Also, it could be aimed at oneself, because of falling in love with something that would never work out.

Hating oneself for loving someone else so much would be a much easier question to answer. "Why did I have to fall in love with this person?" Unfortunately, that's not the question/discussion topic we are speaking about today. Take note, as well, I will elaborate more on the original discussion topic as people reply. What I have written in the above paragraphs is only a small portion of what I would say, but I use what I know to provide a reply or counter-statement to the opinions of others. :P

P.S. I recently finished a couple of animes in the past 4-6 days, romance and slice-of-life based. It kind of helped me get some ideas. And the majority of the animes I watch are romance/slice-of-life, so I do have a somewhat large amount of knowledge on this matter, despite the fact that I am only 14. Also, I highly reccommend that you guys check out these animes, since they are fantastic in the execution - "Clannad" (both seasons), "ef - a tale of memories/ef - a tale of melodies" (Tale of melodies = Second season of Tale of Memories), "True Tears." They might give you guys ideas or a background of why my perspective is how it is, if you wondered why or how.

Oh, and to those of you who say that my posts are similarly long or elaborative as essays, I don't understand how. :P
-----
Originally Posted by Boredpayne View Post
No, this is ridiculous.

Obviously you can sequentially love someone or hate someone, but one feeling cannot produce the other, and you cannot have them simultaneously. That is about as logical as the continuing existence of this thread.

Considering the fact that humans can love each other for multiple reasons and qualities in their partner, wouldn't it be possible to love one quality, yet hate another quality of that same person? And if so, wouldn't it also be possible for one feeling to produce the other, as I stated in my post?
Last edited by LastGod; Jan 3, 2011 at 05:32 AM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
Proud Member of
[C3][Anime United]
I think in this question love can be mistaken for obsession.
bring back wibbles
Originally Posted by aza111 View Post

A - Don't call us "bro."

B - Please... just please try to use English as it was meant to be used. It is absurdly difficult to... decipher your post and to comprehend it afterwards.

C - No. Just, no. Just because you think about someone else from hatred does NOT mean you love them. We are talking about the very existence and presence of the feelings, not their side affects/related traits.

D - Following your grammatical usage of English, "i acept 'u' apoligies"

Originally Posted by motota View Post
Please go learn to write with some semblance of grammar, spelling, and general coherency. I'm afraid that I have no idea what you just said.

Thank you.

Agreed, though I could understand his post after some time had past.
-----
Originally Posted by Reanimator View Post
I think in this question love can be mistaken for obsession.

Yes, but we are talking about love in general. This means that the technical definition for love is included.

Love: "An intense feeling of deep affection."

And to those people who don't know the technical definition of affection,

Affection: "A gentle feeling of fondness or liking."

Obsessed: "Preoccupy or fill the mind of"

If you have affection for something, and your feeling for it is intense, technically, it would occupy your mind, and therefore you would be "obsessed," or have an obsession over something/someone/whatever.
Last edited by LastGod; Jan 3, 2011 at 06:00 AM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
Proud Member of
[C3][Anime United]