Toribash
Original Post
How can I find out what rules are for common mods?
It infuriates me when I bring someone to the ground in Aikido and they don't get disqualified. Their head touched the ground, knees too, no DQ. Why is this the case? How can I figure out what the rules are for each mod?
Originally Posted by zwouter
When there are alot of things touching each other (hands/joints/ground touching hands/joints), the game just doesnt notice new contacts being made, this is probably to prevent the game from lagging in some way.
Just changing the maxcontacts in the setting to something higher already decreases the chance of getting this alot.

That's kind of what happens ^^

It's a setting in the game rules (ctrl+g) called maxcontacts. You can also see most other mod settings such as gravity and stuff there.
Hi
Rapid Threads Lmod.
Got any questions? Feel free to ask!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
It’s good to change the maxcontacts in aikido up to around 18, just to prevent this from happening.
When too many joints/body parts touch it glitches the dq and you don’t dq till the joints stop touching
[sigpic][/sigpic]
Ok so basically the max contacts rule is how many joints are allowed to touch. If too many joints start touching then it starts glitching the dq rule.

It only glitches the dq if the amount of joints touching surpasses the amount you typed into the max contacts bar, like if I typed 9 and more than 9 joints touch then the dq will start glitching out
[sigpic][/sigpic]
And until when? Until any joint leaves the ground or until less then 9 joints are touching...
= SELLING MARKET INVENTORY =
Pm me for deals
until 9 joints or less are touching. because touching the ground counts as contact.
but if the maximum is exceeded it isn't seen as one by the game.
thus its easy to abuse maxcontacts if youre in a scenario where it prevents dq.

the one who isn't "dq" tries to get all the contacts away from the other person. often its just 1-2 and can be easily fixed and ends in a quick win.
while the one who should dq, attempts to stick to the other person in order to prevent it. if executed properly you can push yourself out of the dq and proceed the match like normal.
Parrot | Tabby | Nike | [Midnight] | Foxy | Deridor | Joel

Helping admins since 2013 (Can't ya'll leave this alone?)
Reta's Bitch, Property of Kriegery, Bribed by Bird, Tinerr 4 President.
Awaken, awaken, awaken, awaken. Take the land, that must be taken. Awaken, awaken, awaken, awaken. Devour worlds, smite forsaken
ppl at times, just stay on the ground and try to get as much damage as possible. So, when the frames end, the guy who should have lost wins.
"Death Before Dishonor"
Both questions perfectly answered, no need to additional info, closing.

ArcanaAxis, if you still have anu questions about this, feel free to create a new thread or to reopen this one.
Hi
Rapid Threads Lmod.
Got any questions? Feel free to ask!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]