ES Recruitment Drive
I mean, this org. is lucky to get an applicant or two a day, I don't think it'd be that hard to have someone with a spare moment to pop in game with that one guy and play a match or two.
Originally Posted by Aquita View Post
I said we need to move this to council chat.

Ponzo if you think anyone has the time to schedule in games tests against every applicant than I have to assume you don't have much going in your life and therefor you should be the one to do it.

Some of the people that still don't feel okay with this don't have access to council. Like me.

"Dear reader, I hope this email finds you before I do."
Originally Posted by Aquita View Post
I said we need to move this to council chat.

Ponzo if you think anyone has the time to schedule in games tests against every applicant than I have to assume you don't have much going in your life and therefor you should be the one to do it.

It's not like you can't give people a time? I'm offended that you think I don't have much going on in my life, because I work 2 jobs. Stop looking at it as being a hassle it's really not that hard.

Originally Posted by Coine View Post
I mean, this org. is lucky to get an applicant or two a day, I don't think it'd be that hard to have someone with a spare moment to pop in game with that one guy and play a match or two.

Not
Not at all.
As long as things aren't hostile I don't mind this being here.

But please members only.

Now Ponzo I understand what you're saying, and it's important to me that you have a say in your organisation. I changed the application system because the old one was extremely subjective, but this isn't a dictatorship if you have alternate ideas as to how we handle applicants spend some time and come up with something simply calling out the current system isn't enough.

A lot of people applying don't care too much and don't even bother reading the OP, it'd be a nightmare trying to organise ingame testing with those people, so an alternative would be weekly servers where we test a bunch of people at the same time with the date advertised in the OP of the threads.

Sorry I can't type as much as I'd like I'm not in the house.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[4:37 PM] ponf: y'all might think i'm not wild enough to send dick pics over toribash
[4:37 PM] ponf: you'd be wrong
uwu i wuv you uwu
I agree, for small not skill based clans like mine, your current application system is pretty useful, i don't want very skilled people, but i want people to put some effort into getting in. If you are looking for skilled players, testing ingame is the most effective way. Everyone can have a good day and save the replay, even if he isn't very skilled, so the replay idea is pretty ineffective.

And about testing ingame, you should create a rule like "every member from tier 3 or above has the right to test applicants"
This way you would have many people who can test them and there would be at least 1 "tester" online 24/7 bc of timezones and stuff.
I say the current system remains except that an optional step 3 is added where the applicant may persue a TA council member or leader to be tested in game to increase there chances of acceptance. But there needs to be some replay requirements.
-----
If somebody does not have replays then they must be tested and those replays will be added to their app and reviewed by the council.
Last edited by footlox; Sep 9, 2016 at 12:05 AM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
Leader of the Spyder House
Toribash Martial Artists
My problem with the current format is that it's too easy to do. The current format takes about 2 minutes to complete (provided you already have the replays that aquita requires), and is usually half-assed. You don't learn anything about the applicant with the current format. We should go back to requiring applicants to write a free form paragraph about themselves, except we will require the paragraph(s) to have a certain length/number of sentences and require specific information to be included. This will make it MUCH easier to learn about their personality, maturity, and commitment to contributing to the org.
I don't give a flyin' fladoodle