Ranking
Originally Posted by ynvaser View Post
That line of thought doesn't work with the structure I used.
Oh wait, you are ImmortalPig. Moving on and not looking back.

It does tho
<Faint> the rules have been stated quite clearly 3 times now from high staff
Let's say you accidentally get your gf pregnant (for most of you, use your imagination). If your twitch reaction is to abort that baby, you need to re-think having sex in the first place. It's a real possibility you have to think about before, not after the mistake was made.

I bring a condom. I have no intention of impregnating my girlfriend. As you said, accidentaly I do. Both me and my GF have no intention of raising, caring or having a baby. We, roughly said, get rid of it before it could even be considered a human person.

As I previously stated, when it is obvious that the kid wont have a good life, I would rather end it before it even is a kid, basically.
h
Originally Posted by duck View Post
Both me and my GF have no intention of raising, caring or having a baby.

Then you shouldn't...

In all seriousness, that should be enough precaution (the rubber). But I'd put him in a foster home instead, and perhaps re-adopt him once I have the means to provide him what he needs. (/she /her where applies)
Last edited by ynvaser; Jul 14, 2015 at 02:26 PM.
Then you shouldn't...

In all seriousness, that should be enough precaution (the rubber). But I'd put him in a foster home instead, and perhaps re-adopt him once I have the means to provide him what he needs. (/she /her where applies)

The adoption thing was already adressed in this thread by hawke

Originally Posted by hawkesnightmare
Adoption is not nearly as effective as it seems to be. I don't have the numbers available, but a good chunk of children that parents put up for adoption, either through the hospital or afterwards, go into either orphanages or group homes. And many of those children do not get adopted, or if they do, they do not stay in the foster homes. In 2012 (latest available statistics) 23,000 children aged out of the US foster care system. Of those 23,000, only 48% were employed, and I imagine that most had trouble holding that job.

h
Originally Posted by duck View Post
The adoption thing was already adressed in this thread by hawke

Wasn't talking about adoption. I was talking about foster homes, and re-adoption at a later date. You can take your own kid home when you have your shit together.

Actually there are several solutions to this problem without being a terrible human being.
Child-birth still kinda sucks, but I guess it is worth it to save a human life if you intend to ensure that the life you saved/created is worthwhile.

I wouldn't say you are a terrible human being for not wanting to give birth. I mean you can always just have another baby to replace it when you get your shit together, I don't see the difference if all you are aborting is a mindless human recipe.

Sorry if I am making this thread primarily ethical again, I know it will likely increase the number of moronic 'contributions'.
Good morning sweet princess
Wasn't talking about adoption. I was talking about foster homes, and re-adoption at a later date. You can take your own kid home when you have your shit together.

Actually there are several solutions to this problem without being a terrible human being.

Originally Posted by Zelda View Post
Child-birth still kinda sucks, but I guess it is worth it to save a human life if you intend to ensure that the life you saved/created is worthwhile.

I wouldn't say you are a terrible human being for not wanting to give birth. I mean you can always just have another baby to replace it when you get your shit together, I don't see the difference if all you are aborting is a mindless human recipe.

Sorry if I am making this thread primarily ethical again, I know it will likely increase the number of moronic 'contributions'.

Originally Posted by CloudFair3 View Post
Logically, I'd say abortion is fine. If we were to go with the human construct of human rights, who are you to take away the freedom of choice of a human being. She doesnt want to take care of her baby, let alone be burdened with months of pain, let her. How would you feel if you wanted go out on a Friday night instead of study for some huge test tomorrow but was told you can't under any circumstances, "This is something beautiful if you let it be, you just have to put in effort and time into it". I say that because, while yes it may be a huge choice for you, you should have full responsibility and right to do so. Noone can take that away from you. Same goes for murder. Honestly, the only thing that dictates that murder is bad is mankind. They're just constructs of our own human brain. We live in a dual world. A world of objective truths, a tree falls when you cut it yada yada, and a human constructed world, money has value, numbers have meaning, letters mean something, we have rights, that kind of shit. But when you get to the core of it, there really is nothing bad or good. It's just your interpretation of it. We all have varrying standards of morality. While yes, I think murder and abortion is disgusting to a degree, I dont think I have the human constructed right to deny a person to choose to kill someone or abort a baby or whatever. If you won't prevent person from killing a mosquito, I dont see why you should prevent a person from killing another person. "Person" loose term but I use it as human being just for the sake of argument.

My stand on this issue that people just overlook and go TL: DR. I honestly wanna see what you guys say about it. But basically I said, human ethics is a human construct, we have as much rights as the next animal, we're basically an animal a few steps ahead of the rest with regards to evolution.

The thing that makes us different is our ability to create thoughts and beliefs. We live in a dual world. One side being objective truths, the only world the animals live in, (a tree falls when you cut it, it's dark at night, that kind of stuff) the other being one of our human construct (money has value, letters put together mean this certain thing, numbers pertain to a certain value) [one can argue religion is also a human construct but I dont wanna go there].

That being said, I dont see the issue here. We kill animals on the daily, we eat them, we keep them as pets. Did they have a choice? No. Do they have a right to make a choice? Objectively speaking, no. The best they can do is to avoid it. That's what we're basically doing, except we're using a mental or "ethical" form of evasion. Smart? Yes. Practical? For us, yes. Natural? Technically, no. Nature has a way of things and we're basically the wildcards with our secondary world.

To conclude, I'll just reiterate my main idea, (I think) were just animals a few evolutionary steps ahead. We have as much rights as any other animal, if you argue we have rights, then all other animals have rights, ask them if they want to be slaughtered or not. If you argue animals dont have rights, point made.

The article I read that sorta gave me this perspective.

http://ideas.ted.com/why-humans-run-the-world/

Again, I personally dont like abortion or murder to a degree, I do however think people should have the choice to do it if they want to.

Finally, someone read my original post, I kinda feel you guys are just picking the posts you have arguments to. Even an acknowledgement as "Fair enough" would suffice.
Last edited by CloudFair3; Jul 14, 2015 at 04:31 PM.
We are not animals and animals are not people
i do not agree with that.
There is a reason that animals are on earth and that is ONLY for the use of by humans. Now does that mean we can't be humane and respectful? Of course not!! But it does mean that we have many more rights than them. Now i'm not trying to diss animals but they are here for one reason and one reason only and as i said earlier that is to further human growth and prosperity.

Ok on to the current subject of abortion. I don't agree ATOL i don't care about taking rights away (atm) but we do not have the right (lol) to take the life of a child just because we don"t believe we are "ready". There are other options foster care, adoption, living with a parent until you are "ready" But the last thing that should be considered is abortion that kid could and probably will turn into the best thing that happened to you and the best way to ensure that is to keep her/him in my opinion. So thats my two cents do with them as you want.
Wow, I'm confused by the amount of people who wants to make abortion illegal... for me it's an obvious human right to dispose of your body and your life the way you intend to, I wasn't expecting to read as many anti-abortion posts. It's alright if you don't condone it and don't want to practice it or don't want your gf/wife to practice it, it's not alright to forbid it to people who are fine with it.

I really don't feel like going into deep details and endless forum discussion so I'll just raise a few points that I havent read yet, for you guys to have fun with :

1. The Anti-abortion arguments are deeply rooted into religious moral, "the soul", "god's plan" etc... Abortion is not a recent practice, the medical means we use now are recent but the practice in itself has pretty much always been around from the moment we discovered a pregnancy could be "cancelled".
1.2 "Thou shall not kill" and all that stuff, so I guess the debat probably is as old as the practice itself, but I'd say it's more recent and goes back to the apparition of monotheistic cultures, even a precise part of christianism's history : the dark ages.
1.3 Even if presented precise scientific arguments about embryo development and nervous system, it will be re-interpreted in a way that suits those remains of religious morals.
1.4 It's also the same base argument against gay-marriage and such, that it is "unnatural". Bullshit, if it's a non-forced behaviour, it's as natural as it can get.

2. We're 7 billions and struggling with it. We'd probably be a few billions more if people who aborted in the past actually never did. And imo, it's a thoughtful gesture not to poop an unwanted child in a struggling society.

3. I've read somewhere something like "Life is the most important", "pro-life" stuff. That makes me giggle when a pretty big part of the "pro-life" people are conservative bigots, also in favor of death penalty, voting for people who have no qualms about going to war and slaughtering people just to have a hold on material ressources and "make perpetual" a murderous system, which is also a disaster for our eco-system and Life in general. It's rather hypocritical.

4. Someone mentionned that every human life is possibly meaningful and "any unborn baby is a potential Steve Jobs", fuck Steve Jobs. He didn't invent shiet, he was just a marketing god and brainwashed millions of people to the point they still consume his products like mindless pigs. /offtopic

Edit :

5. What people do with their bodies and the choice they make, for themselves only, aren't any of your concerns

6. If we want to get all spiritual n shiet. Death is a part of it all, and if you want to call "of it all" god's plan or whatever, and we're all god's creatures and it expresses itself through us and our actions, well abortions are a part of god's plan just as much as the rest.
Last edited by deprav; Jul 14, 2015 at 05:32 PM.
Originally Posted by CloudFair3 View Post
My stand on this issue that people just overlook and go TL: DR. I honestly wanna see what you guys say about it. But basically I said, human ethics is a human construct, we have as much rights as the next animal, we're basically an animal a few steps ahead of the rest with regards to evolution.

The thing that makes us different is our ability to create thoughts and beliefs. We live in a dual world. One side being objective truths, the only world the animals live in, (a tree falls when you cut it, it's dark at night, that kind of stuff) the other being one of our human construct (money has value, letters put together mean this certain thing, numbers pertain to a certain value) [one can argue religion is also a human construct but I dont wanna go there].

That being said, I dont see the issue here. We kill animals on the daily, we eat them, we keep them as pets. Did they have a choice? No. Do they have a right to make a choice? Objectively speaking, no. The best they can do is to avoid it. That's what we're basically doing, except we're using a mental or "ethical" form of evasion. Smart? Yes. Practical? For us, yes. Natural? Technically, no. Nature has a way of things and we're basically the wildcards with our secondary world.

To conclude, I'll just reiterate my main idea, (I think) were just animals a few evolutionary steps ahead. We have as much rights as any other animal, if you argue we have rights, then all other animals have rights, ask them if they want to be slaughtered or not. If you argue animals dont have rights, point made.

The article I read that sorta gave me this perspective.

http://ideas.ted.com/why-humans-run-the-world/

Again, I personally dont like abortion or murder to a degree, I do however think people should have the choice to do it if they want to.

Finally, someone read my original post, I kinda feel you guys are just picking the posts you have arguments to. Even an acknowledgement as "Fair enough" would suffice.

We don't encourage posts simply giving abstract impressions of other posts without offering any advancement to the conversation, I tend to delete them, even if they are directed at me. It just keeps threads less cluttered. Sometimes people send PMs if your post is good enough, but realistically that only tends to be possible if your post is primarily comical rather than logical.

None of that really matters because their is a more fundamental reason why your post is being more or less ignored, we need to believe in or imagine some sort of moral/value based system for this sort of discussion to work, otherwise terms like should, shouldn't, need, better, worst, good and bad become meaningless unless you provide a specific point of reference. That kind of discussion is solved within a very small number of posts, probably very long but not saying very much at all.

That is not what people want so they ignore this sort of rejection of morality. Also, your post was long AF, aint nobody got time for that. Also having unnecessary numbers in your username might make it harder to persuade people to read your posts.

Hope I made enough sense.
-----
Oh and as a side note: Could people please stop confusing clinical abortion with infanticide? This is not killing a baby and it is certainly not killing a child. At least no more than any form of contraception including abstinence. Thanks.
Last edited by Zelda; Jul 14, 2015 at 05:20 PM. Reason: Apparently they aren't pointless
Good morning sweet princess