Ranking
Sorry ive been neglecting this thread ill post more tips soon :v
Oldschooler | Evolution
Spars
Originally Posted by poop View Post
[B]So here i have compiled some of the most effective but no so honorable moves to practice in aikido.

7. Striking Never go for a strike in the first 3 frames, its suicide, always wait until the frames go to 30 before you start kicking/punching to ensure contact.

9. Throws win matches Don't just lift your opponent, pick them up as hard as you can, and slam them on the ground.

11. Laxing and You Before going for a lift, before making a save, kicking punching anything, relax all so you will see exactly how your momentum is proportioned and click your joints based off of your relaxed tori. Its wicked.

12. Torque jumping Going to be lifted? let them, jump up as hard as you can when someone lifts you in attempt to flip over them only to land on your feet all trolly like.

More tips will be added soon!

Some of these tips are so bad I if you are trying to learn ignore almost all them, the ones I quoted are especially terrible.

"Never strike in first three turns" - That makes no sense, You can get some of the best strikes on the first two turns. Snap kick - excellent way to deal damage. headbutt can be effective in DMs. Knee lift, very good way to lift. All three of those super effective moves are on first two turns.

"Slam your opponent into the ground"
Normally not a good idea, this suggests lowering both arms, which is a terrible idea as it puts your opponent into a brilliant position to suplex you. Lowering both arms just launches your body up.

"relax all"
Again a pretty poor way to deal with things, if you want to relax joints to stop a impact, just relax the joints the strike will hit.

"Jumping"
Idea of lift is to put your opponent in the air, so your logic is to jump into the air allowing them to be lift...
Last edited by FistofLife; Aug 28, 2014 at 10:26 PM.
Orly?
Im glad you have input Fistoflife.

Snap kick - excellent way to deal damage. headbutt can be effective in DMs. Knee lift, very good way to lift.

You listed off the noobiest tactics for any aikido mod.. and you're 10th dan.

Slam your opponent into the ground"
Normally not a good idea, this suggests lowering both arms, which is a terrible idea as it puts your opponent into a brilliant position to suplex you. Lowering both arms just launches your body up.

No where did i state to lower both arms for your slam.. i guess maybe you imagined it?

Again a pretty poor way to deal with things, if you want to relax joints to stop a impact, just relax the joints the strike will hit.

I made these tutorials hoping people had some common sense to keep themselves standing

"Jumping"
Idea of lift is to put your opponent in the air, so your logic is to jump into the air allowing them to be lift...

Not too difficult if you know how to land the other side..

This thread has helped tons of beginners out and that's all i wanted.
You are simply here to have a little fit and i wont be bothered with your ignorance any longer, its not like you even tried the tips.

P.S. Im T1 in Team Aikido, I don't do any of those nooby tactics. Sorry fist :/
Attached Files
Jumping.rpl (73.9 KB, 16 views)
Slamming the opponent.rpl (33.0 KB, 17 views)
Last edited by poop; Aug 29, 2014 at 01:49 AM.
Oldschooler | Evolution
Spars
Sorry ill put them back, the second one also shows why you shouldn't headbutt early in the match.
Last edited by poop; Aug 29, 2014 at 01:50 AM.
Oldschooler | Evolution
Spars
Originally Posted by FistofLife View Post
"Slam your opponent into the ground"
Normally not a good idea, this suggests lowering both arms,

no, it does not. it suggest to slam opponent down.

if we are talking about specifics, you need opponent locked up, in order to slam him (unless you execute proper suplex, which rely on elbows), so in general you avoid arms to go in same direction.
tell me about aikido
~referencing Dark Souls in suicidal threads since 13/01/15
Originally Posted by Auram View Post
what's tripodding?

It's where you have 3 body parts on the ground to maintain balance. Most likely your hand and you two feet.
Don't Be Racist
Oi I forgot about this, time to become a pro aikido player again. \o/
♥Team Aikido-[Obey]-OoT-[Vibe]-Team Pokemon♥