Ranking
Original Post
[Tex][Art]KDigityDog's Art Thread
So hello everybody i'm making this thread so I can post stuff as I make it.
Programs used: Photoshop cs6, Gimp 2.8, Pixlr, Mudbox 2016, and my Wacom tablet.
All hand drawn no c/p .

Human Set/Motorcycle Biker(in progress)

Eagle

Clan art for "(Enf) Enforce"

Colab With Turtle (in progress)

Dragon (Cartoon/realistic twist)

Dragon Head(Finished)

Milk Bottle

Hope you like give me tips, ideas, criticism, new projects, and things to add!
Last edited by KDigityDog; Apr 27, 2016 at 12:15 AM.
|Jacklox2| |Frost| |MrBeany| |Nugget| |Sheetboy| xFIRExGAME |
ok so I finished the Dragon Head tell me what you think, I hope you guys like it! Give me pointers or things you think I should make next. all wips added also they are down here for fast viewing.

Sorry for long space in between I... kind of... forgot... sorry about that :P

wips

I may go back, and fix some things at a later point in time, but for now i'm going to call this done.
Last edited by KDigityDog; Apr 25, 2016 at 11:10 PM.
I like the color choices, but to me the cracks look really weird and out of place, maybe try making them thinner
<[Tint]Zubin> If you suck more people are going to think you're a girl
Huh, you have this unusual combo of VERY nice detailing and slightly wonky shapes (especially with the full body dragon, but the milk bottle is A-OK). Question: Do you work with line drawings/sketches beneath your paintings? I'm not saying you HAVE to (i personally find it extremely helpful), i'm just curious.

Anyways, MORE SPECIFIC THINGS:

dragon head

milk bottle

full body dragon

eagle

Not gonna bother commenting on the textures because i know jack shit about that. :U
<Blam|Homework> oiubt veubg
various places to find me lol
@ControlAll i see what you mean 100%

@Shook thank you very much for going into detail i very much appreciate it, I make sketches with line art first and then i go over those with rough color blotches and then i refine them down into more detail and then its standard from there. i just don't add those because i never save them as a separate file because i add it with the wip 1 like the dragon head you can see that in more clarity of what i mean.

Dragon head

Milk bottle

Full body dragon

eagle

some of these look heavily cropped and the wips are either just smudged or grayscaled
what's up with that
Ahhh fuckk!!3)it’s 2LIT . >>>>
Originally Posted by cats View Post
some of these look heavily cropped and the wips are either just smudged
Which ones? and also wips are wips not the final product its just a process ya know?

or grayscaled
yes that what i did for some of them, and so what? its not like thats a bad thing...like at all...

what's up with that
Because that's how i painted it :/

can you be more specific im not entirely sure which pictures you are talking about, i cant learn from or change the pictures to make them better next time if you arent specific ya know
i'm saying the wips look more like the finished product with either smudges or grayscale, not like a drawing in its early stages

and there are traces of rough cropping on every single one of these so idk dude
Ahhh fuckk!!3)it’s 2LIT . >>>>
Originally Posted by cats View Post
i'm saying the wips look more like the finished product with either smudges or grayscale, not like a drawing in its early stages

thats just how i paint i don't save something until i have finished a part, so first wip 1 will always be the outline+greyscale(outline i mean general shape), so on and so forth.

Originally Posted by cats
and there are traces of rough cropping on every single one of these so idk dude

i only see what you mean by rough cropping with the full body dragon ( i never even noticed before), so i fixed that

@Snook hey i made a different crack on the horn what do you think?
i like it more so im replacing it as the "Finished" so yea but if you guys dont like it as much ill swap back

Diff dragon horn crack

Last edited by KDigityDog; Apr 27, 2016 at 12:14 AM.
Definitely better, still too thick though. A thick black line makes it look more like it was carved with a hacksaw instead of being cracked by blunt force, so you gotta be a bit more subtle than that, oddly enough (in other words, THINNER LINE). Remember that cracks don't actually remove any material, they just split it apart, like freshly broken rocks that you can put together near-seamlessly. I'm sure we've all tried that. :v
<Blam|Homework> oiubt veubg
various places to find me lol