Toribash
Original Post
Specular texture items with Toribash Next
Specular maps would allow artists to define a material or texture a lot more. A specular map decides what part of the object that should shine whenever a light is pointed towards it. Could be useful for robot sets, sets with small details made out of a shiny material, shiny eyes or glossy lips etc. It will definately be possible with the new engine.

Discuss.
Do you mean some texturable 3d items?That would open a new area 4 sure
= SELLING MARKET INVENTORY =
Pm me for deals
Originally Posted by Insanity View Post
Do you mean some texturable 3d items?That would open a new area 4 sure

No, like bumpmap textures but specular map, applied on the tori.
it is a bit to vague and oriented to certain types of textures.
= SELLING MARKET INVENTORY =
Pm me for deals
Originally Posted by Insanity View Post
it is a bit to vague and oriented to certain types of textures.

Not really, it would open for a hell of a lot of possibilites for artists. This combined with bumpmaps in the new engine would make the sets a lot more attractive than ever before. Bumpmaps are pretty much useless atm since the current engine doesn't handle them correctly iirc but Unity already supports bumpmaps and specular so it wouldn't be much work.
This is something we have been missing and needing for a while. That and 256, 512 bumpmaps as well as bumpmap joints. I hope it is implemented.

[Evil] is recruiting!

<DesiTwist> terty plays tb with the ghost turned off, uke turned off and uses that mouse with the ball in it
This would be incredible, a specular map can do insane things.

Supported, this would be probably the single best texturing upgrade that could be implemented into TB Next. Bump/normal maps look nice and all, but nothing beats a good specular map effect.

Originally Posted by tertywerty View Post
This is something we have been missing and needing for a while. That and 256, 512 bumpmaps as well as bumpmap joints. I hope it is implemented.

Great example you've provided!

Originally Posted by Deridor View Post
This would be incredible, a specular map can do insane things.

Supported, this would be probably the single best texturing upgrade that could be implemented into TB Next. Bump/normal maps look nice and all, but nothing beats a good specular map effect.

Totally agree!