ES Recruitment Drive
Originally Posted by zookeeper View Post
My intention was to do a mod involving swords, sticks, or other weapons, with the toris actually starting in some actual stance. For this, I'd need to be able to, well, adjust the starting stance.

Like this, for instance (pictured from the side):

O    /  \    O
 /¯|¯\_/    \_/¯|¯\
 \ |            | /     I want to do this
  / \          / \
_|   \_      _/   |_

O            O
   o            o
   |            |     This is what it's like by default
   |            |
   |_          _|

The game is presumably so moddable otherwise, that I find it rather puzzling if I can't in some convenient way change the starting stances, especially considering how the default stance just doesn't fit at all in many situations (like with weapons). And not just from the realism viewpoint (of which I don't care that much about), but from that of gameplay too (different starting stances open up completely different sets of opening moves, and thus different mods would actually play more differently).

Can I just say, great ascii art man, anyway I know what you want and I think it can be done if a mod makes one player turn 180 degrees and then you rotate it in the Game Rules section.

YAY! I THINK I KNOW WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT!
http://forum.toribash.com/showthread.php?t=29504
http://forum.toribash.com/showthread.php?t=110356
I have an idea, perhaps a bit extreme: couldn't I just make a replay where I get my tori to the exact starting position I want, and then rip the coordinates and angles and whatnot from the replay file? It sounds like a really unpleasant amount of grunt work, but I guess that could work.

(btw, I made a few edits to my previous post just when uncopyrightable posted his reply)
Originally Posted by Jam0864 View Post
you could force set the engage rotation in the mod file

gamerule
engagerotation 90

Really? Well, if that works then that solves most of my problems then, I guess. I'll try it out, thanks.
Great. That gamerule rotation thing works just fine.

Now I probably only have to conclude that no, I can't adjust the starting position/state/angle of joints (like, for instance, starting with one arm hanging down). Right?
Don't post just telling people not to double post with no comment or anything to the topic!.

Anyway, Zookeeper, try not to post two times in a row, use the edit button if you want do add something.

This idea has been floating around the air for sometime, sometimes in the form of wanting hotkeys for multiplayer for openers.. i like this idea, it would help us make cool replays that aren't normaly possible :o

[T]
#hi

you can make the joints go at that angle, so it is in that starting position, but it is unbelievably hard.