Ranking
Original Post
[R]equesting HYPER-REALISTIC Head (Calling ALL GREAT ARTISTS OF TORIBASH)
So, I've been waiting for years to make this request and I think I might as well see what comes of it. I want a very realistic head texture that's similar to the one I own, and am currently wearing already made by Jebus ('The PlayBoy' Head).

Now, I'm looking for the most skilled artists there are that have experience with realism (Doesn't even have to be with making head textures in particular - Any realistic artwork). Specifically keeping an eye out for: Calamity, FlyingMonk, 13Chillz, BlueEvil, Veoo (I know this has been something you've wanted to hear for a very long time ;), Taroni, Dengue the list goes on. Part of the reason I wanted to make this request was so I could hopefully get two really good artists working together using both their unique styles to come out with a final piece containing traits from both artists - would be very interesting to see. Collaborations are absolutely encouraged - I'd be prepared to even pay double so each artist gets the full amount - If this request gets met. And supposing if one artist begins work on the project - that's not a queue for someone else to back away. I might even end up buying the same request from two different artists if enough effort goes in (I'd be more then happy to pay that kind of tc). If you think you have it in you to make something to roughly the standard of my current head, you're precisely the artist I'm after. Must realise that this is a request that will take a lot of time and shouldn't be taken lightly. But there is light at the end of the tunnel.....
---------------------

Payment

My current head

What I'm after.....

So if you got this far, first off: well done for reading it all (if you did). I don't expect a great deal of responses due to the request itself, which is why I'd be willing to compromise on the requirements supposing someone ran into a problem whilst making.

----------Major Update----------

Ok so I thought for a while about the type of expression I wanted and came to the conclusion that it should be more specific. So after searching various images of eyes, eyebrows and lips ect I managed to determine precisely how the expression should be, and put the chosen facial features into one Photoshop document. I've realised (From what Dengue quite rightly said) that what I'm after is slightly more towards: Realism with the addition of abstract elements (Or words to the same effect). I must apologise for this delayed update.

Facial features concept:

Please try and follow this concept face as closely as possible Regarding:
  • The positioning of eyebrows in relation to each eye,
  • The shape of each eyebrow,
  • The shape of each eye,
  • The positioning of each iris & pupil,
  • The proportion of each feature relative to each other (You can change the size of anything when ensuring it maps correctly but be sure to keep everything in proportion of course),
  • The way the (Right hand side) of the upper lip is raised slightly - revealing some of the teeth on the upper jaw.

Things from the concept face to be Disregarded:
  • The lack of colour,
  • The lack of quality in the right eye (Looks somewhat like a sketch),
  • The short eyelashes,
  • The lack of facial creases,
  • The lack of makeup.

I also found some patterns and details for each eye that are pretty much exactly what I'm looking for.

Patterns:

Yes, unfortunately I am being far too picky with what goes. But as someone that's created sets from requests before, I know that specifics can really help the artist visualise exactly what the requester seeks.
Last edited by HASSAN; Jun 16, 2017 at 01:04 AM.
*Pulls more tail then a special needs child at the petting zoo*
Impressive. HyperRealistic in the sense that it's real + added extras ontop. So in that case, maybe not as realistic as you had in mind but I'll give you an example. I did this in Photoshop (Not for toribash) just for fun.

Eye Pattern Sample

I'd really love something along the lines of that being implemented. Kind of like floral patterns coming off each eye with a bit of highlighting here and there.

The wip: I particularly like the ears (So far) and think it'd be great to see the hair maybe flow around behind the ears neatly - I'm sorry, this was my mistake for not saying in the original post. And would it be too late to ask for the hair to not cover the other eye? Other then that, I can see this escalating to a high quality piece. So thank you for your effort.

I'll say this once again: I WILL be buying ANY head made from the request if it's worthy and meets the requirements, regardless of how many different ones get submitted. So - to those that considered this request, don't back down. You won't be 'Outmatched' by other artists for this project. Entries will only get judged independently.
should it really be lip biting? I'll try this :^)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Toribash Season 1 Rank 3 | Ex-ES Artist | Ex-Mascot of [Alpha]
CLAN LEAGUE 2019 WINNER

x

kinda lookin good on the head tex need more details tho

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Toribash Season 1 Rank 3 | Ex-ES Artist | Ex-Mascot of [Alpha]
CLAN LEAGUE 2019 WINNER
Well there is something I was actually about to work on just to do it... I've been wanting to incorporate real life art into toribash! I'm not a pro at computer art but id say my real talents lie in real life art and I believe I can achieve a very convincing Hyper-Realistic effect. Here are some examples of things I have done recently.

Tom Cassell

^That's done in pencil and charcoal

Abstract lily pad

^Done in watercolor

Bottom of a lightbulb

^Done in charcoal, pencil, and colored pencils

So yeah, I wanted to run this by you because it is a very unique idea that i've been wanting to try because I myself haven't seen this done before.

But yeah I fully get it if you don't like this idea because it's kind of... Different...
Last edited by KDigityDog; Jun 12, 2017 at 03:08 AM.
|Jacklox2| |Frost| |MrBeany| |Nugget| |Sheetboy| xFIRExGAME |
Karstnator: What you've done really quite well is the structure of the head - shaping and bone structure. I like how you've shown that from such an early stage in the project.
Something that you may want to take note of is that when portraying expressions with realism, they're not symmetrical. I see that (With the exception of the hair) the left is a mirror of the right. Don't be afraid to have e.g. the facial creases a little more stronger on one side then the other ect.

KDigityDog: I for one, admire your artistic talent. Particularly the stylising on the lily pad, it looks incredible - Thank you for sharing your work. Out of curiosity, do you think you might be able to see what you can do for this request on paper? It's just that you said yourself; you weren't one for digital art, and I totally understand where you're coming from. You may of course, give it a go anyway. But as something to add to your own personal collection, I'd be totally alright with you creating a portrait (For your own use) that's inspired by the specifications listed in the request. If you chose to do this (Independent of whether or not it's for me) I'd love to see updates on the project.

----------Major Update----------

Ok so I thought for a while about the type of expression I wanted and came to the conclusion that it should be more specific. So after searching various images of eyes, eyebrows and lips ect I managed to determine precisely how the expression should be, and put the chosen facial features into one Photoshop document. I've realised (From what Dengue quite rightly said) that what I'm after is slightly more towards: Realism with the addition of abstract elements (Or words to the same effect). I must apologise for this delayed update.

Facial features concept:

Please try and follow this concept face as closely as possible Regarding:
  • The positioning of eyebrows in relation to each eye,
  • The shape of each eyebrow,
  • The shape of each eye,
  • The positioning of each iris & pupil,
  • The proportion of each feature relative to each other (You can change the size of anything when ensuring it maps correctly but be sure to keep everything in proportion of course),
  • The way the (Right hand side) of the upper lip is raised slightly - revealing some of the teeth on the upper jaw.

Things from the concept face to be Disregarded:
  • The lack of colour,
  • The lack of quality in the right eye (Looks somewhat like a sketch),
  • The short eyelashes,
  • The lack of facial creases,
  • The lack of makeup.

I also found some patterns and details for each eye that are pretty much exactly what I'm looking for.

Patterns:

Yes, unfortunately I am being far too picky with what goes. But as someone that's created sets from requests before, I know that specifics can really help the artist visualise exactly what the requester seeks.
Last edited by HASSAN; Jun 12, 2017 at 04:55 PM.
@Hassan
Yeah id love to try this, I feel that it would be a lot of fun and be something awesome to try. I think I would be able to incorporate the things you are after into one piece but this may take some time because ill have to do a lot of testing with my scanner to make sure that this is done properly (Like proportions and spacing).
|Jacklox2| |Frost| |MrBeany| |Nugget| |Sheetboy| xFIRExGAME |
Specifically keeping an eye out for Calamity

A wild Calamity has appeared

sketch

I still take texture requests for usd