Toribash
Original Post
SMITE - Third Person MOBA

Cinematic Trailer

Smite is a third-person multiplayer online battle arena (MOBA) video game developed and published by Hi-Rez Studios for Microsoft Windows, PlayStation 4 and Xbox One. In Smite, players take on the visage of a god or other mythological figure and take part in arena combat, using abilities and team tactics against other player-controlled gods and non-player-controlled minions.

Powered by: Unreal 3 Engine.

Homepage
Current God Roster
HiRezTV Twitch

PC Player IGNs

Reviews/Impressions:

PC Gamer - 86/100
IGN - 8.5/10
Gamespot - 8/10
Game Informer - 9/10
Rock Paper Shotgun's "Wot I Think"

Games by Hi-Rez Studios:

Tribes Universe (multiple games)
Global Agenda (2010)
Tribes: Ascend (2012)
Paladins (2016)

IRC Channel:
#smite
Last edited by Arctic; Jun 25, 2016 at 10:58 PM.
I was skeptical when I saw this but I tried it and it was so much better than I expected. If you play LoL, HoN or maybe even Dota I can almost guarantee that you will like this. You can directly apply your Dota knowledge to this game. You can only play at NA servers atm but I'm from Europe and I'm not experiencing much lagg at all and I am extremely picky when it comes to lagg, pretty fast servers, even downloading it is very quick.
Last edited by Ezeth; Jun 10, 2012 at 11:34 PM.
Looks sweet, like a first person LoL.
Might try this, and whats the payment system like?
Is it pay to win or is it pay to look cool?
i created the ??? emoji
like a lighter bitch we ignit
Well you can get more heroes by buying it, but the standard heroes are equally good as the additional ones so its not really pay to win. There are something called gems but don't know how it works yet.
I do. Buy gems with USD. Similar to RP in LoL

(I forget what they're called) are like IP in LoL.

Gods are 5500 IP or 500 Gems

You get about same IP as you would per game in LoL, plus about 30-40 more

No purchaseable in-game buffs right now, however god shrines will be coming out in full release or sooner, which a believe will act similarly to runes. Skins will be able to be bought in the future, although purely cosmetic.

You get 1k IP per level up

Pre-Ordering gets you 10 heroes for 20 smackers. It's a good deal.

Add me: Dothgar

I bought this game, and not regretting it one bit.
Last edited by Tor1g0d; Jun 11, 2012 at 06:27 AM.
I pre-purchased it the first day it was out. Have a great time with Ysir (?) and Hel.

Can pretty much play any of the characters well, and trust me, it's worth it to pre-order, you'll love it.

SMITE is third person, though, fixed the title for you.
Originally Posted by Lume View Post
SMITE is third person, though, fixed the title for you.

DoTA is third person too. This one is just over-the-shoulder
Originally Posted by Tor1g0d View Post
DoTA is third person too. This one is just over-the-shoulder

This one is true 3rd person, DotA and League and the latter are more of an isometric view.
Don't waste your time with this game unless you're going to bring a team of 5 with you.
Solo queue is fucking awful.
piss