ES Recruitment Drive
Original Post
[Solved] What have i done!?
Well, i was going to share my first head on the art section, but when I opened my saved xcf gimp file, i realized that I saved my spinning globe over the normal plain picture, is there any way to return the globe into the plain picture? This shit took me hours, I don't want my job to be in vain
I need at least one program to restore deleted files, cause that might be my only solution... thanks
Probably not, unless you saved the xfc before.
Go in gimp and go to file, open, open recent
I'm going to try recovering the file with any program for that. You know what? in the meantime I'm going to post here my texture as spinning head, the only file I have from the texture, at least I want want to share the head in case I lost it forever.

This sucks too much. I'm trying with a few recovering programs, but it seems that my .xcf files can't be found, even looking for the exact names of the deleted files, I was happy to be able to use this head finally, but after losing the file, i lost my motivation to do more textures... what a pointless work... THIS SUCKS.
Last edited by Dimonsix; Aug 31, 2012 at 12:02 AM.
It looks pretty ok for a beginner head.

The colour scheme is questionable, depending on what your tori's joint colours are.
The hair and face mapping is way off.
Most of the shading and highlights are actually quite good. Especially the eye(brow) things.
The mouth is decent

Heres a really good head mapping guide:

It shows that a 512x512 texture, when stretched (in this case, around a sphere), will make a perfect circle. So if you draw a flat texture, and the placement of stuff looks even, then it probably wont fit right on a head.

Try applying the image above to a 1024x512 blank document and stretching it to fit the document perfectly, you'll see that the strange oval shapes become perfect cirles. This happens on the spheres.

Its a shame you lost your work, but you can still learn from your mistakes and make a better head.

Good job though.
Feed the birds, tuppence a bag, tuppence tuppence tuppence a baaaggg
My Avvy/Sig shop
I can't let this thread be closed without giving thanks to you for those advices or constructive critics .