ES Recruitment Drive
Original Post
Having a character indicator for editing signature.
This can be a simple thing to be implemented, Having an indicator for how many characters you've typed in your signature. Like a normal user can type a max of 200 characters including BB Code, so this will make it easier for us to make a signature without exceeding 200 characters otherwise it says annoying errors whenever we click save changes and we don't even know how many characters we have typed.
Na sahi kuch magar itna to kiya karte the
Wo mujhe dekh ke pehchan liya karte the
Would make more sense to not count BBcode characters as it is unlikely to have 100 characters per line in your signature and you are only allowed to use 2 lines.
My way or no way, totalatarian.
@Kitty that would be way too easy to abuse, it will never happen

As for OP, I agree, the character counter would definitely be handy
Here's a userscript implementation of this for the signature page. It might also work elsewhere but don't count on it.

$("textarea[name='message']").after(function() { return "<tr><td name=\"character-count\">" + this.value.length + " characters used.</td></tr>";});$("textarea[name='message']").bind('input propertychange', function() {$("td[name='character-count']").text(this.value.length + " characters used.");});
I'll poke one of the more dev-minded people about whether this should be implemented automatically.
Squad Squad Squad lead?
The standardization of Toribash Squad roles may have gone too far!