Toribash
Original Post
Improve the tutorial feature.
Hello everyone, I am new to Toribash and I'm learning learning the game slowly but I have often found myself utterly clueless about how I should do different stuff.

What I mean is that showing a few moves (Which can't even be used in multiplayer) is in my opinion completely stupid. Instead, I think struggling newbies like me would like a guide on how different limbs work, basic movement (jumping, walking) tutorials and maybe some advanced moves (Back/Frontflips, running etc.). Either way, playing the parkour game modes and those which require one to run or jump are way too difficult for new players, which might just be because of the lack of ingame help.

Does anyone have anything to say about this subject? I hope I'm not the only one who feels like this :s

(Sorry for my bad english btw, not my first language.)
i actually agree on this, the tutorial is decent, but not good enough.
i myself belivie the tut needs a major update
Originally Posted by xtermix View Post
i actually agree on this, the tutorial is decent, but not good enough.
i myself belivie the tut needs a major update

That.
When I was a noob at Toribash, I could not run even though that mod I wanted to play required me to run, climb, or some shit that I couldn't do.
Last edited by zenzen213; Oct 24, 2012 at 02:39 AM.
mindless machine
Absolute support. I myself had those same problems when I first started, made me feel kinda retarded trying parkour or something and the tutorial only showed me how to change joints and camera movement. Learned everything else myself. :/
parkour tutorial,supported.jumping,not supported.running,50/50.flips,not supported.walking,not supported.but this might be a quite fun tutorial.
私の顔にそれを言う。
In life,you learn to walk before run,here you run before you walk.Had to learn stuff myself.I still do not know how to:Walk,run,jump repeatedly.The tutorial teaches about joints,it should be like:
-Tutorial 1:Learn about joints
-Tutorial 2:Learn how to do actions

~Supported
Bye bye toribash
Supported. This would increase the average level of skill further, making people discover and try new techniques and help complete newbies have a ''fair'' chance at the start of their journey.
Moreover it will probably increase the playerbase, and have less people quitting to the beginner harsh environment.
I support this, thinking about when I first started I feel as if I was never even at a decent level for so long. I learned by watching and seeing how people move their joints and stuff and had to figure out my own way of using them.
To see someones move from online gameplay:
1.Save Replay
2. Open Replay
3. Press E(I think) To see joints that are moved.
4. Write on a piece of paper and repeat to see full move.
5. Practice.
--------------------------------------------------------
The tutorial feature is just to show you a couple of things. Other things like running and jumping require practice. I'd rather practice online with friends than repeating the same move with a robot over and over again.
Just by living, people hurt others without even realizing it. So long as humanity exists, hate will also exist. There is no peace in this cursed world. War is just a crime paid for by the pain of the defeated...

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I'd say make the movement tutorials more in-depth, but only to a certain extent.
It's much more rewarding and fulfilling for a player to learn how to do something the hard way than just to watch a 5 minute tutorial. Especially when it comes to
running, parkour and sparring. That is just something that SHOULD be learned by those who take the time to figure it out.
NOODLE ARMS