ES Recruitment Drive
Re: How to make POV-Ray videos?
my povray sais that my screenshot doesnt have any vertices or face what am i doing wrong? am i doing something wrong?
open screenshot.pov or animation.pov with povray. You need the required include (glossy.inc by default) in the same folder as the .pov file.

You only need the Initial_Frame and Final_Frame stuff when using animation.pov
I has a flavour
nvm i was using the wrong program poseray instead of povray srry about that
i messed around with it for about a few hours and i realized the possibilities... for the first time in a long while ... i was scared

I love the feeling I get when I have a blank canvas and the ability to do what I want on it!
Of course, that quickly disappears into depression when I realise I have no ideas of what to do on it!
I has a flavour
or like me lack the skill
i wanted to make a kewl version of my ipod nano with its shiny aluminum case but then i though... where am i goint to begin
i have no idea how to do it if someone wants to help that'd be awesome
Originally Posted by rubby
or like me lack the skill
i wanted to make a kewl version of my ipod nano with its shiny aluminum case but then i though... where am i goint to begin
i have no idea how to do it if someone wants to help that'd be awesome

I wouldn't use POV-Ray to do the modeling of the iPod, It's possible to create it with POV-Ray but quite complex as you basicly have to code the model by hand then render it to see what it looks like so you don't get any real time feed back (unless you can visualise 3d objects from a set of verticies :P ). POV-Ray is more of a rendering program, I would use something like 3DS Max or Blender. 3DS Max is very popular but expensive while Blender is a totaly free modeling/rendering program. Both will take a large investment in time to lean how to use them well.
Once you have created your iPod model you can either render it in the program you made it or import it into POV-Ray and render it there.
thank you ill look into that
btw do you have a link for getting blender?
yeah i want the blender too
don't unban, he has hard coded userid bypasses everywhere.