Ranking
Original Post
toribash 5.0 standalone commercial F2P version
WARNING!

first of all, i would like to state it clearly. all what you will read down there is concept and vision of standalone toribash and commercial vision of game. not an upgrade or iteration of existing one, due drastic changes which are quite gamebreaking at current point.

so to give you a quick idea of what my vision on toribash 5.0 ( it may be even re-branded and get different name ) is to make game to look more like orginary f2p game which may be even profitable.

1) no free market

no free market

2) control over mods

control over mods

3) player worlds - this is one of customization features.

player worlds

4) graphical upgrades - game should look solid and appealing. some commercial look. not a alpha-beta-proof of concept. AA and that sort of stuff.

5) gameplay mechanics

gameplay

6) servers.

servers

7) friends system i described it earlier and i will link it here again. https://dl.dropbox.com/u/24204278/TO/frnd.png

8 )Farming-proof clan ranking system:

clan raning

more ideas http://forum.toribash.com/showthread.php?t=385958
Last edited by snob; Dec 24, 2012 at 03:00 PM.
i'm fine with people disagreeing but if you disagree with something come up with something else.

it's all undertsandable from players standpoint, because players don't want to pay for anything in first place ( including myself ), and game buisness model is meant to be a compromiss of what people are willing / ready to pay for and developer finance interest.

kinda obvious thing, but it seems like you look on everything only from player standpoint. which is ofc understandable.

let's rephrase it:

what you would you consider as reasonable to pay for in toribash ?
( meaning game only, not anything forum related )
I pretty much disagree to every point you're making, but what i would like to say has already been said.

"What would you consider a reasonable price for tb?"
Depends, i would say 8 bucks, something, but a player who's new to the game would not pay the same price, they barely play the game while it's free.
A while ago, you had to pay for Tb, but now it's free, guess it wasn't a good idea.

I liked the idea about staff picks, so it's not so messy in the mod list. All mods would still be on forums to download. Mod categorising is also great, on forums as well as in game.

Also, the custom points in gameplay mechanics was good too.
I'm mad? Pff. Get out into the real world. You're pretty sheltered.

And holy shit, box and I agreed on something.

Anyway, back ontopic.

How much is reasonable to spend?

People who run f2p games with payed content have determined that it's unreasonable to expect people to pay more than they would for a movie per month. (So about $8, like Lazors said. That's why RS membership is $8 and you don't see someone new to the gaming scene playing WoW under most circumstances.) Of course, there will always be "whales," people who put a massive amount of money into a game, and there will be those who never spend a dime.

I've noticed you like to try to nitpick one thing that someone says then throw in ad hominem attacks. It doesn't strengthen your argument. When I said it's 99% certain it's been thought of and considered, you know what I meant. If it's been thought of and not done, the devs and nabi decided it wasn't worth doing. If you couldn't figure that out.. Well, that's just another reason they wouldn't take advice from you of all people.

My constructive feedback is my attempt to tell you what you didn't seem to understand the first time around. Nabi isn't going to change their business model for you. When people disagree with you and you basically say the same thing with more misspelled words, it's not changing anybodies mind.

You're attempting to solve a nonexistent problem.

There is an existent problem with that, though. It's not possible. It's a "don't fix what isn't broken" situation.
okay, it seems like you have hard times in answering simple questions, so i will give an example:

Q: What would you consider as reasonable to pay for in toribash?
A: i consider it's as okay to pay for tc and to pay for items packs as already been mentioned.

i'm pretty sure thats you will come up with same.

so now time to use bits of brains: if players consider spending money on tc or items it may and should be on e of income sources. logical, isn't it?
so why removing free market? because if there will be no other agents except torishop to trade with, there whould not be price dumping, changes in currency, and overall all cash flow will go through nabi directly instead of tc sellers, marketeers n stuff.
afterall, player don't really care where to buy tc or items, he will try to get it cheaper anyway. and thats normal. player want to get everything for free or spent minimal ammount of money to get what he want. developers task to make him "happy" but get some cash and make sure that he will spend more later.
this is how marketing work everywhere no matter games or goods.

the only difference that in classic marteting model it heavily relies on "market liked this product, so it may buy more later" to imply it to games, if person liked call of battlefield 1, he may buy call of battlefield 2. to make sure he will there are PR tools, just like for any other products.

f2p model is a bit different and heavily rely on microtransactions, so person will buy bit of stuff every now and then.
applying it to toribash - items.

developer's goal is to make sure that it's actually possible to get all the items without donations atleast on theory, so bithces would not whine, but ofc it will take some time, so everything will seems fair.
and provide players an option to get what they desire faster, by donations. there need to be a range of items and priority, and here what marketing research for, to make sure "whales" will spend enough money for example on demon set and it will be enough for dev, you know, price ranging. and said vamp set will be avaible rather cheap or whatever. i have no access to statistics to range popularity of items so i could have a rough idea about it, but i'm prety sure black items are way more popular, so people may spend money several times or spend it alot once.

aaaand ofc i would love to see hunter removed, as it make demon and void mostly useless.

heck marketing is the same everywhere in any branch, except you don't have to lower the price of stuff that slack on your storage or buy / crap from importers, since you can do a few clicks and create any shit you want.

common sense.
Last edited by snob; Jan 7, 2013 at 12:07 PM.