Toribash
I'm saying playing safe is the way to go in tournaments and/or duels. Why would you risk your chances at 7k/3k for a good fight? Running (to an extent) is playing it safe. There's a middle ground. After your opener, you get a safe distance away from the other player and wait for an attack from them. Don't just keep hopping away like a retard, that's boring. If you want the good fight then spar, or stick to the private servers.
Originally Posted by fett175 View Post
Yea but that's much easier said than done, since grab is usually turned off in most 'runners' mods like wuhu or ninjutsu. What happens is you make an excellent attack, but they jump the equivalent of both the 'longest' and 'highest' distance jumped records combined, except they have their foot sticking out and BAM. They somehow have more points than you and they stay suspended in midair for 700 frames. Well.... this mostly applies to wushu where the low gravity allows it, but I guess in ringed higher gravity mods it's much easier to counter a run. But even in these mods, both tori's like I said have the same speed, so dance around the ring as much as you want but if a runner knows how to maneuver in high gravity as much as you do, chances are you wont catch him.

If you want to prevent a run from happening, don't use high risk moves. If you see someone about to fly away when both of you don't have any points, don't feel that you have to get a hit in before he takes launch. You could be falling into a trap for all you know. Instead, just let him fly, predict where he's going to land and wait for his frail defenseless body to fall into your nicely placed kick.

If the match ends up in a draw, oh well. It wasn't you that stalled the whole match, so it isn't your fault. Just like how people use those 'wait and then kick' openers. Don't fall into their trap. Just wait for them to come to you. Eventually they'll get bored and try something new. That's when you kick the living hell outta them.

Also, in higher gravity mods there's usually a dojo so it's actually easy to force someone into running out the ring.
Originally Posted by fett175 View Post
I know capslocking doesn't do anything, but it MAKES THE VOICE IN YOUR HEAD READ LIKE THIS.

This is so TRUE lmao.
"Fear not the Tori who has practiced 10,000 openers once, but fear the Tori who has practiced one opener 10,000 times."