Ranking
Original Post
[REL]One Strange Dojo
This mod places both players in a ....dojo / house arena area thing...
The different colours of objects show you the difference in properties that they have.

Black => Grabbable
Blue => Non-grabbable
Red => Insta-Gib

Also, all these objects are static, so the house won't topple on you.

Provided you can reach it, there is a pole hanging from the roof that you might like to swing around, hang off, climb, etc, as well as the roof .
*Hint: you could increase the match-frames and and get on top of the roof... imagine both players running along the roof-top at each other that started both on the bottom? First person to achieve this and send me a replay gets 1,000tc as a reward.*

Two handy poles jut out of two of the supporting pillars and you can use them for leverage, stability, or just throw uke at them, who knows... your choice.

Here is what it looks like:

Far Shot

Near Shot

The default settings for this mod as I am releasing it today for testing purposes are as follows:

gamerule

matchframes 2000
turnframes 10,10,20,20,30,30,40,40,50,50,50,50,100
flags 11
dismember 1
fracture 1
dq 1
dismemberthreshold 100
fracturethreshold 80
dojosize 750
engagedistance 100
gravity 0.00 0.00 -9.82

Two example replays and the mod follow.

I may also release a high threshold/no dismember version soon as well, and versions with different engage positions...
Attached Files
strangedojotest.rpl (38.3 KB, 9 views)
strangedojoownage.rpl (21.9 KB, 12 views)
1strangedojo.tbm (2.5 KB, 26 views)
ICOF Co-Founder/Leader. "Ten soldiers wisely led will beat a hundred without a head." - Euripedes
This actually looks like it'd be fun online.

Okay, after playing it a bit, here's my suggestions:

Make the pole from the ceiling a physical object, with a joint on it so it can actually move. That way people can swing about it.

Second, take out the preset game rules, except the dojo. People like modularity. Changing the settings would end up making a glitchy replay.

Third, make everything but the pole from the ceiling ungrabbable.

Fourth; consider taking out the poles on the side. They don't really have too much of a point.

Finally: Consider moving the dojo settings in a bit. It's too easy to avoid DQ with the blue parts.
Last edited by Juntalis; Dec 29, 2008 at 10:22 AM.
Thanks a lot for your appraisal Juntalis..
I'll try that, but I'm not sure how to make the pole swingable..

I am still new to making mods, but I'm enjoying it quite a bit.
i have suggestion...Transform stick on celling into lamp...did you understand me?
And fight on roof of that building is will be awerZUM
Take a look at mpflail.tbm, or mpnunchaku.tbm... If you joint the pole to the ceiling like the chains in those mods, you could swing on it.
I'm back, I think... :)
Mod Pack
nice, gameplay would be rather interesting, lots of differnt ways people could dominate or get the upper hand.

it also has some surrealism qualities... I like it..

keep up the good work.
- its been a while