ES Recruitment Drive
View Poll Results: What mod(s) should we use for the tournament?
aikidobigdojo, greykido & rb_greykido
0 Votes / 0%
rouxkido
1 Votes / 100.00%
Voters: 1. You may not vote on this poll
View Poll Results

This is some stuff for bridging/tripodding. I don't know if they're good for demonstrating just a basic tripod though; it might be better to use them for a separate study on offense when you get in a tripod.
Attached Files
tripod escape1.rpl (49.6 KB, 4 views)
tripod escape2.rpl (60.4 KB, 3 views)
tripod escape3.rpl (76.7 KB, 3 views)
I don't give a flyin' fladoodle
i like these. what exactly are you doing to get back out of the bridge/tripod. it looks like you tripod/bridge then shift their weight with your torso then follow up by turning into them. how would they make it harder for you? blocking your ability to flip your base back over? what about if they do an arm swap when they "shouldn't"
-----
also
and i think i found some
-----
also should we all work out a move set to donate to the uke-bot?
Attached Files
aikido hip thrwecrerwersdf.rpl (57.3 KB, 4 views)
akido hipsrwdsfsdfdsfsd.rpl (57.5 KB, 4 views)
akido hipthwerxcv.rpl (38.2 KB, 3 views)
Last edited by monkeyishi; Apr 20, 2018 at 03:51 PM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
The trick is to have you cog below theirs and get the weight off of your hands. When your hands are off the ground you can go for an arm swap and rotate your body to get on top of them. I guess if your opponent raised both of his arms it could kill the move (for the first two replays), but in the case of the third replay it wouldn't do much since we were in a pointhold instead of him trying to cover me. These moves are good because they always catch the person off-guard.

To block my ability to flip over they need to have good ground control, keeping their cog below mine. Attached is an example of good ground control. Notice how I keep my hips lower than his and stay below his cog. Also notice how I keep all of the pressure on his hands the entire time, neutralizing his ability to do anything offensive.
Attached Files
Last edited by Rouxster; Apr 20, 2018 at 05:03 PM.
the knee under him is what i mean when i say hook. though its a bit of a lose term it just means the way that i am using keep glued to him.I think it also highlights elevating the opponent's base. how would you train some one in figuring out the timing for it? what would they be looking for?
nice mod Roux, straying away from the "competitiveness" and focusing on practicing overall. Have a fucking medal.
Haha! Ur mad!
Thanks. I need more people to test it out with me.
-----
The current double leg replay is inadequate, replace it with this one.
Attached Files
double leg1.rpl (49.5 KB, 4 views)
Last edited by Rouxster; Apr 25, 2018 at 03:41 PM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
I just noticed that the "uke goshi" replay is not an uki goshi in the slightest, it's definitely an o goshi

The key to an uki goshi is that it does not have the hip as deep as an ogoshi, and it's a small circle hip throw, meaning it doesn't have a large gracious arc like an ogoshi

Check out these replays

Also check out this technique which I think can be considered the easiest hip throw to acheive in toribash: utsuri goshi
Attached Files
Uki Goshi 1.rpl (38.2 KB, 3 views)
Uki Goshi 2.rpl (41.3 KB, 3 views)
Utsuri Goshi 1.rpl (46.6 KB, 2 views)
Last edited by Iskenos; Apr 29, 2018 at 05:48 PM.
We need to focus on making this program for noobs and open a thread for it in the beginner sanctuary. Could be the direction we take the academy idea in
Yeah, not sure how many noobs are around nowadays though. It's great to teach the noobs how to hold their own
When toribash Next gets released we need to be ready for the wave of new players that are going to be joining the game.