Toribash
Original Post
Let's Play Dungeon Keeper!
Hey there guys, an invitation to get into dungeon keeper awaits you!

(image thanks to google images)

The Game

Dungeon keeper is all about being a badass keeper of dungeons, you kill heroes, torture opponents and make other keepers pay for challenging you, in a classic RTS style. It might be an old game, but it rocks so hard that it deserves more recognition, hence I'm making a Let's Play! (Plus I just love to play this game.)

If you wanna play along with me, you'll probably have to buy the game or somehow get it, personally I use DOSBOX 0.74 to emulate the game in DOS mode, the patch can also be installed in DOS mode and it appears to be much more stable this way.

The Let's Play

For those of you who aren't familiar with LP's, they are video series' of people playing a game, and an invitation to join in. In this LP I'll be accepting any ideas you wanna put forth to the LP here or on youtube.

The play-list link is here: http://www.youtube.com/view_play_lis...0AEFBDC4F334C2
I'll be updating the play-list as time goes on, so far there are 16 videos in the LP, and we are up to level 19/20, having just completed level 18.

The first video:
Play-list above, all videos below.

All Videos

Please respond with any comments here or in you tube, This will be the first of five LP's I have lined up, and I have so many more to add to that list. This might be a bit of an over-popular game to make an awesome let's play, but if that's your objection wait till my next two let's plays!
Last edited by Vox; Apr 4, 2011 at 01:23 AM.
yaaay vox.

let's plays are one of my favorite things, ill be watching for sure.

[T]
#hi

THIS IS WHAT VOX SOUNDS LIKE?!?

Looks like an interesting game, I'll have to watch/ play it sometime.
[19:32] <@darilu-kun> tori = furry, bash = pride
On the first episode I didn't catch bits of what you were saying but then either I accomodated to your voice or you spoke more directly in the mic but now it's perfect.
It's too bad you're getting such few views, the commentary really is entertaining. Please don't stop, I'm anticipating the time you play a game of my childhood so I have a massive flashback.
By the way, have you ever played Zeus: Master of Olympus?
Last edited by Muffindo; Mar 5, 2011 at 07:44 PM.
Yea, I've played me some zeus, we could always do something like that, if you have suggestions just leave them here or on youtube, and I'm just starting out so I can't expect much. I was lazy today so I didn't record, too much uni work etc, but in a few hours I'll be up and might record a double feature for good measure eh? Thanks for the feedback! The thing with the mic is the way I'm doing it is I have this tiny little boundary mic that I'm hanging the cord over the collar of my shirt, so if I move the mic can slip, I might try to find a clip or something to make it more steady.

A couple people didn't notice but there is more than one video, be sure to click the playlist button to see all the videos, or use the provided spoiler to see the rest on this page. Also, remember that going to the play-list provides you with the higher definition 720p or 480p videos.
Last edited by Vox; Mar 6, 2011 at 12:17 AM.
Enzu Approves. Also your amazing and your commentary is great for LPs
<Vox> meh, you never end up anywhere in computer
<Vox> you are just where ever you are
---------------
<avwave> its always fun to eat a polymorph ring
<avwave> unless you morph into a basilisk in a room full of mirrors
-----------------------
<Vox> I just imagine a guy in a lab coat and fluffy gloves holding a snowflake being stared down by the university research managers
We are half way through the game now guys, gotta love that! I'll be uploading level 11 later today, and I added a speed run video for level 10 because it was so damn easy. Thanks to anyone who's watching the LP, this is my first LP and it's so far gotten over 200 views!

[EDIT]
Boom, episode 11, 12 and 13 up.
Last edited by Vox; Mar 13, 2011 at 10:05 AM.
@Life: You're not playing fair.. At all.. :<

How come all guys who play Toribash sound so.. manly? When my voice sounds like some 12 year olds who's intaken lethal ammounts of helium? D:

Anyways.. I've liked all of these so far. It's really shame that you haven't got more attentation from tubedwellers..

I don't really have any constructive (nor any other kind of) criticms to give ya. Sowwy about that. :< (Let's check if notice something after I'm done with whatching them again. ;P)

Just keep 'em comin'!
< Larfen> also my replay thread has more views than the rules thread \o/

...This probably explains most problems in this community.
Talking of keeping them coming, I forgot to add 14A and 14B, they are added now, plus both video 15 and 16 are up, I had a bunch of work to do so it took me a while to get 15 and 16 up but here they are.