ES Recruitment Drive
Original Post
[REQ] Autosaved replays organisator
Hi,

I want to code an application which can sort our autosaved replays.
Can you tell me what you would want in such a program ?

My ideas :
- Three different folders "YourWins", "YourLoses", "OtherFights". You will be able to remove your loses and the other fights.
- Automatically rename the .rpl to specify anything (name of the fighters, decap, DM, DQ...)
- Any suggestions ?
I could see how this could work... you put in your username, and it checks to see what replays are matches where the inserted username wins or loses, or matches where the username doesn't appear at all.
Potential pitfalls:
  • Different Matchframes
  • Clan Tags
  • Draws

The first problem might be remedied by making the program check the score up to 1000 frames so it would work for the entirety of all gametypes, or it could be programmed to recognise the settings of gametypes - but that's needlessly complicated.

There are no obvious major problems that I can see in this idea, and so I support it.
"Call yourself alive? I promise you you'll be deafened by dust falling on the furniture,
you'll feel your eyebrows turning to two gashes, and your shoulder blades will ache for want of wings."
Or you could simply sort by score, which is how the autosaves are conveniently saved anyways.
Squad Squad Squad lead?
The standardization of Toribash Squad roles may have gone too far!
By "wins or loses" I meant "has the highest score by the end of the file". If the replays were sorted purely by score, then they'd record your most extreme wins and losses...?

Oh, and the above wouldn't work for disqualifications, of course.
"Call yourself alive? I promise you you'll be deafened by dust falling on the furniture,
you'll feel your eyebrows turning to two gashes, and your shoulder blades will ache for want of wings."
I meant, that's how autosaves are saved.

<player1name>_vs_<player2name>-<player1score>_<player2score>.rpl
Squad Squad Squad lead?
The standardization of Toribash Squad roles may have gone too far!
The score doesn't mean anything as long as it's not the only way to win a fight. But I can add an option in order to sort the .rpl by scores (by your score or by the score difference).

Currentlty I want to rename ths .rpl fight like this :
(<xxx> means it is optionnal, and the order of these features can be modified)

<dateYYMMDDhhmmss><[username1(you)]><_VS_><[username2(yourOpponent)]><_decap_><_DM><_DQ><_veryHighScoreDifference>.r pl

And the user will be able to set different settings for his wins, his loses, his draws and the other fights. It will be possible to delete permanently your loses, for example.

Whatever, my program is in progress, but I'll soon go away (holidays) so I can't set a release date yet.

(sorry for my bad english).
Wow, I was having this EXACT idea. Mix this with Dafe's stat website, actually...

It would parse your autosave directory to collect all the juicy statistics within. ..

Too bad I am a hardware guy and not a software guy. =(

This site:

http://asia.toribash.com/dafe/index.php

Make it do what this does... =)
Last edited by Dikarika; Dec 26, 2007 at 11:52 PM.
"Splint Chesthair" - Is my real name.
Originally Posted by Dikarika View Post
Wow, I was having this EXACT idea. Mix this with Dafe's stat website, actually...

It would parse your autosave directory to collect all the juicy statistics within. ..

Too bad I am a hardware guy and not a software guy. =(

This site:

http://asia.toribash.com/dafe/index.php

Make it do what this does... =)

Great idea. But that's a lot of work
I'll do what I can.
I did the bulk of the coding for that in a couple of days. Mostly it was writing SQL. It's not that hard.

Also, the problem with sorting things into folders (i.e. your wins, your losses, other) is that it makes it tougher to sort by other criteria later. Just something to think about.
Radioactive torso's description should be, "You have cancer like wow."