ES Recruitment Drive
@Sir

Out of curiosity, has the bug been fixed regarding being able to get your items back after a TSA has forcibly transferred them out of the account?
Has the market bug been fixed as well? The one that allows an item to be purchased (twice) by two different users, yet only one person gets the item because of the fact there is only one item that can be given?

Also my post was a Semi-Troll post. A lot of people I "worked" with back when I was staff were actually quite inactive. Just like the current staff, there are some good and some bad, some very active, and some somewhat inactive due to reasons, etc. I don't have any hate against staff I simply stopped being staff because I felt my time was being wasted because there wasn't really much I could do on my own and I ended up stuck waiting weeks sometimes to get a response back on my request or question.

Anywho, if that glitch still isn't fixed then smh.
There were also quite a bit of things that was requested to be done by the devs back when I was staff and I'm not sure if they've been done or just forgotten about but meh

There was a time in which I had to actually contact hampa via Email since no one else I talked to could help me with the particular case I was dealing with.

I'm way too inactive with this game/community to really give two shits now days anyway.
Last edited by DruggedPanda; Oct 3, 2017 at 08:41 AM.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[SmallBowl] [fallu] [Moop] [Parrot] [SkulFuk] [Icky] [Sassy]
[Ex-MSquad]
Need help with any market related questions? Feel free to PM ME. <Powas> I've got a degree in 1001 techniques of masturbation
Originally Posted by DruggedPanda View Post
@Sir

Out of curiosity, has the bug been fixed regarding being able to get your items back after a TSA has forcibly transferred them out of the account?
Has the market bug been fixed as well? The one that allows an item to be purchased (twice) by two different users, yet only one person gets the item because of the fact there is only one item that can be given?

Also my post was a Semi-Troll post. A lot of people I "worked" with back when I was staff were actually quite inactive. Just like the current staff, there are some good and some bad, some very active, and some somewhat inactive due to reasons, etc. I don't have any hate against staff I simply stopped being staff because I felt my time was being wasted because there wasn't really much I could do on my own and I ended up stuck waiting weeks sometimes to get a response back on my request or question.

Anywho, if that glitch still isn't fixed then smh.
There were also quite a bit of things that was requested to be done by the devs back when I was staff and I'm not sure if they've been done or just forgotten about but meh

There was a time in which I had to actually contact hampa via Email since no one else I talked to could help me with the particular case I was dealing with.

I'm way too inactive with this game/community to really give two shits now days anyway.

Afaik several bugs and things I brought up back in the day haven't been fixed either. That kinda thing comes back to dev availability and activity which I wrote about tirelessly back a few years ago when I was in.
Exactly my point Solax when it comes to this;

Originally Posted by DruggedPanda
When I was staff, we also tried changing some things that would better the community and prevent people being scammed, etc. However, those things were never implemented because as a lower staff, we didn't actually have the authority to go ahead and put them in. There were also some things we suggested should be done/fixed but the site devs were never around to fix anything, let alone add new things we thought would help. Staff is usually a mix of people who really deserve to be there and those people do enjoy helping and people that are just there to be "staff" and don't do anything.

Originally Posted by Sir
Will repeat that again, 2016 was a failure in terms of Toribash development due to lack of direction and proper dev time management. We have a dedicated web dev now and Dranix has always been around - they just need to be bugged frequently to do stuff. People who were in charge of development during 2016 thought staff colors are more important than forum/game updates - and you did nothing about that even though you sound to disapprove of their actions. Afaik Gynx wasn't employed by Nabi so the only good way of forwarding ideas to devs back then was to talk to hampa or Dranix directly.

So, according to Sir their new dedicated site dev should have fixed those issues or at least started to work on them ye?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[SmallBowl] [fallu] [Moop] [Parrot] [SkulFuk] [Icky] [Sassy]
[Ex-MSquad]
Need help with any market related questions? Feel free to PM ME. <Powas> I've got a degree in 1001 techniques of masturbation
Thanks for bringing one line to my attention, Panda, I wasn't following this thread closely. It might be a bit of cherry picking so I apologize for that, but I do notice certain rethoric tactics being used by some staff members on certain occasions and it might do some good to point that out from time to time.

PS. Panda

Originally Posted by sir
People who were in charge of development during 2016 thought staff colors are more important than forum/game updates - and you did nothing about that even though you sound to disapprove of their actions.

Sir, allow me to take exception to that. We were bringing certain issues to attention many times - there were threads dedicated to bugs, from both MS and GM/ES folks, dozens of ideas flying around via PMs, IRC, discussion that led nowhere due to higher staff inactivity and inability to decide what to do with them or simply respond. Certain changes of colors or permissions of certain groups are a different issue altogether - some were somewhat helpful, like giving MS in-game admin, some were totally useless,

for one

The point is, certain people's neutral attitude towards those changes does not mean that they were not pushing for other changes to happen. Perhaps that line came out wrong and you meant something else, but phrased like that it sounds as if you were shifting the blame towards the lower staff memebers of that time. Belive me, certain active people and good staff members, such as panda, did what they could, to the point of getting discouraged and leaving.

Just to put certain things into perspective for you, as you were not an acting member of higher staff at the time, due to your personal situation, let me bring forth two examples (out of many more I could write about). I had many ideas for changes within the community, but let's focus on the staff-related ones that went nowhere or get stuck in a limbo. The first one being the middlemen initiative - I still think it could have worked somewhat but that and whether it was a good idea or not is irrelevant - the point is, it was meant to spark discussion about changes in the rules about dueling and $ deals, bring forth some kind of change. I kept bumping it on staff boards, via irc and PMs for 8 months if my memory serves me well, without getting anywhere, with usual responds from higher staff being - we will discuss it further or, we cannot decide/cannot do nothing about that currently. I kept the matter going even some time after leaving the staff, ultimately dropping it later, and my hopes for toribash, as too time consuming and not worth any more of my time.

The other example is the idea of forum surveys for staff-groups evalution, to give community members a feeling of having at least some sort of saying in certain matters concering the game and its community. It was supposed to happen periodically, concering the issues important to certain staff group at the time. I bumped the idea several times, wrote a short PDF, around 2 pages long if I recall, after someone asked me to (might have been suo?) with some specifics about the idea, stating also that I can run those surveys and analyze them, or just help preparing them/offer assistance if any questions arise, whichever would be needed. Of course, nothing came out of it, even I asked about it several times/asked friendly smods to raise the issue in the A&SM board (the middlemen thread, after some of my inquiries, got moved to the MS HQ, but I had no access or no knowledge whether the surveys were even properly placed and/or discussed in A&SM board).

Now, there are surely plenty of reasons why that went down how it went with those ideas and many, many more - general inactivity and inability of higher staff at that time, lack of proper communication between lower and higher staff, personal dislike for me and my ideas and so on - ultimately, that's irrelevant. I do not need or even want to go back to those issues.
The point is that, at the time, some of the lower staff memebers did not ,,did nothing". We did what we could to push for changes we wanted to happen. Colors and other changes were another matter. Implying that we did not care or did nothing is a poor attempt of reflection, one which I find disrespectful towards all the people that tried to make a difference and see a change happen at that time.
retired
Originally Posted by Powas View Post
The point is, certain people's neutral attitude towards those changes does not mean that they were not pushing for other changes to happen. Perhaps that line came out wrong and you meant something else, but phrased like that it sounds as if you were shifting the blame towards the lower staff memebers of that time. Belive me, certain active people and good staff members, such as panda, did what they could, to the point of getting discouraged and leaving.

My point is - if you want some specific list of things to happen in Toribash and you have a good plan how to make them happen, go straight to hampa and pitch it to him. That's the way I joined Nabi - and that was right after I got fired from my smod position for actions that I still don't consider to be wrong. I don't blame anyone if they don't feel like investing lots of time into a game because that's a perfectly fine thing to do - but if you give up after some volunteer staff members block your perfectly-thought-out ideas then please don't come whining later.
Even the elder staff members like suo or Skul don't have the final say in development-related questions, that's primarily because they're not involved in development process. In fact, when the only people you talk to are them, the real devs may not even see your ideas - for example, I can only remember 2 cases when forum staff contacted Dranix to add something to game client and it was related to changing name colors both times. There was a good list of modmaker-related suggestions compiled by Odlov (iirc) some time in 2015, but it wasn't used much because there were features we considered to be more important on to-do list. Anyway I'm currently in charge of all development process - so if you have any good ideas for Toribash or Toribash Next, feel free to forward them to me. You can send some general ideas first to receive the initial feedback and then continue working on details if these ideas get a green light.

Originally Posted by Powas
The first one being the middlemen initiative - I still think it could have worked somewhat but that and whether it was a good idea or not is irrelevant - the point is, it was meant to spark discussion about changes in the rules about dueling and $ deals, bring forth some kind of change. I kept bumping it on staff boards, via irc and PMs for 8 months if my memory serves me well, without getting anywhere, with usual responds from higher staff being - we will discuss it further or, we cannot decide/cannot do nothing about that currently. I kept the matter going even some time after leaving the staff, ultimately dropping it later, and my hopes for toribash, as too time consuming and not worth any more of my time.

Bad plan, not going to happen. I think Creati0n pitched same idea to me about a week ago, this is going to cause unneeded complications and might lead to legal problems for Nabi. I'm absolutely fine with supporting duels that use cryptocurrencies instead of USD though - this way we can at least check trans hash to verify whether the transfer happened or not. It also makes chargebacks impossible.

Originally Posted by Powas
The other example is the idea of forum surveys for staff-groups evalution, to give community members a feeling of having at least some sort of saying in certain matters concering the game and its community. It was supposed to happen periodically, concering the issues important to certain staff group at the time. I bumped the idea several times, wrote a short PDF, around 2 pages long if I recall, after someone asked me to (might have been suo?) with some specifics about the idea, stating also that I can run those surveys and analyze them, or just help preparing them/offer assistance if any questions arise, whichever would be needed. Of course, nothing came out of it, even I asked about it several times/asked friendly smods to raise the issue in the A&SM board.

Good idea, would be happy to see the details if you still have the docs. Will also look for it in admin board now.
Personally, I feel like the same excitement about the game and the community that was embedded in all the staff (which I feel was present in 2013-2015 ish) seems to have completely vanished.

It seems more like 'putting in a good shift and nothing more' has become the mentality amongst the entire staff team (of course there are exceptions)

But at the end of the day how can you blame them. There are no ulterior motives for the vast majority of the staff members, with no payment and minimal benefits (which seem to have only caused further issues) where can you expect this drive to come from? I think you just have to accept it as a reality and do what you can in the situation you are in. No one is ridiculous enough to confidently just say there aren't issues.

I do not know the entire staff selection process well enough to comment on that, however, it seems that would be quite a nice place to start as I have personally noticed a fair few unethical staff members slip under the radar for whatever reason through the years.
Last edited by Bless; Oct 4, 2017 at 08:47 PM.
[21:55] Icky: How the fuck can i make witty lines about blossoms without going full weeb
@Sir: Well, middlemen worked in a game I used to play and it could be made to work somewhat but I won't go into details, I brought it up only to make a point. The end-result I was hoping for was a ruling about $ dueling to happen, with middlemen being just one of the options, and now it has, too bad it took like 2 years.

I'll take a look if I still have the surveys pdf somewhere.

As for the ,,going directly to hampa" route, it might have been an answer, but you see, I believed that there are fairly competent people working above me, that will take care of certain problems if I just keep reminding them about it. Going around my superiors was never something I was fond of as it generally produces some drama. I made several ,,out of the right order of command" calls and it usually ended that way.
Anyhow, the starting position for contact for someone who's oficially been in an inner circle of A&SM is a bit different than a mere GM/MS, especially one with my opinion.

Thanks for the answers anyway. I'll forward some ideas to you next time I have a sleepless night and feel like caring about TB a bit.
retired
Originally Posted by Surge View Post
Staff punish based on rules, not on what they don't like.

That's not entirely true, icky banned me for making a pretty shitty thread on old wibbles about the ariana grande concert bombing, which i don't blame him for because i definitely deserved it, and it made me realize the piece of shit i had turned into so i thank him for that, but i didn't break any rules to get the ban, i just made a really low class thread.
bitchass