people playing: 68, servers online: 25, games played: 136,460,210 Top Player: RASORTH33

  Toribash Community » General » Off-Topic
Register FAQ General Rules Community
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old Sep 23, 2017   #1
MrSofty123
Member
 
Yellow Belt
Join Date: Jul 2017



New Staff of Toribash.
I probably won't find enough time to get this thread going and look and read it every single time because of business IRL but
Just wanted to throw it out there, are the new admins of Toribash really doing their jobs well? Except Icky, almost everyone got more than one complaints. About Rai, I don't even see him anywhere, don't know if he even is a real admin.

But what my point is, why are we having like 4 admins in a game at a time who are literally just doing nothing but handling each others complaints.
This is not progress. Game was already dead, now wibbles are gone which killed few active members and now, these new admins getting complaints over and over again.

Show me your opinions, might be able to read the first few ones.

(No hatred, just being honest as always. Might accept any infraction, ban, extension.)
Heading down south to the land of the pines
MrSofty123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 23, 2017   #2
Blur
my memory is just a blur
 
7th Dan Black Belt
Join Date: Jun 2017
Posts: 1,656
Clan: All Stars



Icky got a pretty serious complaint from Grohenbird

and I guess because Rai doesn't go in-game often it doesn't stir up as much problems


Member of the Event Squad. Want to apply? PM me.

Buying or selling TC?
Check my market too!
Blur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 23, 2017   #3
MrSofty123
Member
 
Yellow Belt
Join Date: Jul 2017



Originally Posted by Blur View Post
Icky got a pretty serious complaint from Grohenbird

and I guess because Rai doesn't go in-game often it doesn't stir up as much problems

Icky understands things imo. He is a senior admin by now and knows what is the best to do. Besides, humans can make mistakes. As far as I know, he got a complaint about harassment right? He's a human after all.
Heading down south to the land of the pines
MrSofty123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 23, 2017   #4
Greg
 
Green Belt
Join Date: Aug 2011



Admins now are different than admins then. Neither good or bad. Also, no one stressed gossip often enough I think, which is also a problem imo. The objectivity and subjectivity of the role has seemed to change.. More opinionated on things like actions about users and more strict on interesting weird things. Stuff like fish used to do.

Also, the professionalism aspect has changed. Weird, just different. More lax on things that used to be uptight, less on other things etc.

Again, I ain't judging morals here.

I'll go into details and examples of what I think if this discussion continues. :/

At the whole Icky thing @MrSoft, I agree with you that he knows things and is more of a senior admin. Especially after volunteering for more tasks, like become a steam admin and managing things like profile customization store. Now, I don't nessisarily agree with every one of his decisions however.
Unofficial Inq Member

If you have any questions about forum or ingame, feel free to shoot me a pm.
Greg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 23, 2017   #5
Lucy
Forumite
 
666th Dan Black Belt
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 1,963
Clan: Evil



I know you are talking about the admin, but staff are pretty bad at times.

I don't see much use for current admins, every time I pm one they go inactive, sure you can say they are probably being flooded my pm's everyday.
But it doesn't make sense when they are active one minute, a minute after sending a pm they go inactive/invisible.

Shutting wibbles down made me nearly quit this game/forums cause it's the only thing that kept me around for a while after taking a break from ig stuff,
most people I saw in wibbles aren't seen much anymore as well.

Admins and staff in general are just extremely childish (only their thoughts count and can't get through to them)

Would be nice if there was a sort of "re-training" for staff, don't know if it this has ever has been done before.

It's pretty ridiculous how many complaints staff get yet nothing gets done cause staff are believed more than the rest of the players.

Also I've had my problems with Icky, and then letting other staff know what he did and just get shit for it cause you know, he's Icky.
But haven't got anything bad as of recent from Icky.
Lucy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 23, 2017   #6
NANI
Bullied 24/7 Squad
 
9th Dan Black Belt
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 2,447
Clan: Adventure



Originally Posted by Lucy View Post
I know you are talking about the admin, but staff are pretty bad at times.

I don't see much use for current admins, every time I pm one they go inactive, sure you can say they are probably being flooded my pm's everyday.
But it doesn't make sense when they are active one minute, a minute after sending a pm they go inactive/invisible.

Shutting wibbles down made me nearly quit this game/forums cause it's the only thing that kept me around for a while after taking a break from ig stuff,
most people I saw in wibbles aren't seen much anymore as well.

Admins and staff in general are just extremely childish (only their thoughts count and can't get through to them)

Would be nice if there was a sort of "re-training" for staff, don't know if it this has ever has been done before.

It's pretty ridiculous how many complaints staff get yet nothing gets done cause staff are believed more than the rest of the players.

Also I've had my problems with Icky, and then letting other staff know what he did and just get shit for it cause you know, he's Icky.
But haven't got anything bad as of recent from Icky.

I don't feel like there is any basis for your argument. You are saying all these things about staff in general being very childish, where do you see this? If this is because of what you said about when a staff member is complained about nothing is done, then I will have to tell you that you are flat out wrong. Whether or not you see something done about said person, doesn't mean that nothing is done at all. Most of the time, the punishment is given in private, where a meaningful conversation can occur. I can vouch for this, because I have been staff for a while and have seen many conversations being had respectively. Might I also remind you that all positions are filled by volunteers, whether that's an excuse for bad behavior, I'm not sure. The argument can be made, although, that staff are people too, and mistakes are made, and they are, for sure, punished. I'd also like to stress that just because something doesn't go your way, doesn't mean that it was a bad thing.

It's also hard to have a discussion based on staff, if regular users do not know of most things going on with staff.

Last edited by NANI; Sep 23, 2017 at 09:06 PM..
NANI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 23, 2017   #7
Lucy
Forumite
 
666th Dan Black Belt
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 1,963
Clan: Evil



Originally Posted by NANI View Post
I don't feel like there is any basis for your argument. You are saying all these things about staff in general being very childish, where do you see this? If this is because of what you said about when a staff member is complained about nothing is done, then I will have to tell you that you are flat out wrong. Whether or not you see something done about said person, doesn't mean that nothing is done at all. Most of the time, the punishment is given in private, where a meaningful conversation can occur. I can vouch for this, because I have been staff for a while and have seen many conversations being had respectively. Might I also remind you that all positions are filled by volunteers, whether that's an excuse for bad behavior, I'm not sure. The argument can be made, although, that staff are people too, and mistakes are made, and they are, for sure, punished. I'd also like to stress that just because something doesn't go your way, doesn't mean that it was a bad thing.

It's also hard to have a discussion based on staff, if regular users do not know of most things going on with staff.


There's no real base from my arguments cause I mostly see it done by others, sure some of it has happened to me but I end up not speaking up about it cause I'll just get shit on by, you guessed it the staff themselves,

I know I won't get everything my way, I'm cautious enough that I don't get in any of those situations, I know staff are people too, that's the only way I see them, just people with some forum permissions, but instead of being so sure of themselves all the time (that's the way the make it seem) they shouldn't be too quick to punish all the time, cause the non staff are also people that make simple mistakes, just like most of my encounters are due to small mistakes I easily fix. I'm not bashing on staff it's just
Lucy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 23, 2017   #8
Greg
 
Green Belt
Join Date: Aug 2011



Originally Posted by Lucy View Post
There's no real base from my arguments cause I mostly see it done by others, sure some of it has happened to me but I end up not speaking up about it cause I'll just get shit on by, you guessed it the staff themselves,

I know I won't get everything my way, I'm cautious enough that I don't get in any of those situations, I know staff are people too, that's the only way I see them, just people with some forum permissions, but instead of being so sure of themselves all the time (that's the way the make it seem) they shouldn't be too quick to punish all the time, cause the non staff are also people that make simple mistakes, just like most of my encounters are due to small mistakes I easily fix. I'm not bashing on staff it's just

I feel most staff have good intent, but since this is the internet, any idea or decision can be backed up for almost any reason, good or not. Everybody is rather "set in their ways". It's important to have a convincing leader to guide away from pure tradition or towards it depending on what they think is best.
Unofficial Inq Member

If you have any questions about forum or ingame, feel free to shoot me a pm.
Greg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 23, 2017   #9
pusga
Toribash Legend
 
5th Dan Black Belt
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 8,072
Clan: [T]



So what do you think admins* should be doing instead?
oh yeah

Last edited by pusga; Sep 23, 2017 at 09:57 PM..
pusga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 23, 2017   #10
Kozmonaut
Member
 
Green Belt
Join Date: Dec 2015
Clan: Elite



Creati0n getting admin was one of the best choices staff has made in a long time
my main is kunt but i use this account on the forums now
yo
Kozmonaut is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 12:24 PM.




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
ragdoll fighting game physics fighting game ragdoll fighting physics funmotion joints martial arts karate pc mac free game turn based game