Toribash
Yea, Mongius I agree with you on the whole OS etc... as you can get that for cheaper/free if you know what you're doing.

http://pcpartpicker.com/list/z2X7wV

^ Little adjustment to your build (seeing as if he wanted to, he could use old harddrive from older PC and tbh 500GB should be enough for him anyways on an SDD and at least another 500GB on his old harddrive.

But yes, I tried to give him a full build with everything he could possibly need with little to no effort in doing extra things/workarounds. I've got nothing against your build though \o/
It's all personal preference and what he's willing to do. I really wished though they had motherboards with Lga 1150 sockets that support DDR4

Building a computer and buying certain parts within a budget all comes down to what you're willing to sacrifice to fit that budget.
I personally choose to sacrifice SSD/HDD read/write speeds as I don't see them as that import considering I don't do much transferring between them.
Last edited by DruggedPanda; Oct 17, 2016 at 06:06 AM.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[SmallBowl] [fallu] [Moop] [Parrot] [SkulFuk] [Icky] [Sassy]
[Ex-MSquad]
Need help with any market related questions? Feel free to PM ME. <Powas> I've got a degree in 1001 techniques of masturbation
LGA 1150 and DDR4 don't work because haswell has no DDR4 controller. They'd be forced to put that on a self developed modified chipset, resulting in an explosion of price (500+) and even slower speed than DDR3 cause it would not be CPU integrated. Also Intel would never allow that.
Didn't know EVGA made a 450W bronze PSU, will definatly use that in the future.
Got any problems or questions about computers or any other tech?Feel free to PM me any time. Lmod for Computer/Mobile Chat
Yeah I'll be using the 500B for my build. A good one to look into Kirito but you could get by with lower wattage.
| Leader of FC | Loans | ABD Enthusiast |
I got 530W 80+ (no addition, just 80+) and can make my GPU run at 120% power target (300W, 280X eats a shitload of power) so I think anything above 550W is just for SLI/Crossfire, especially as power usage keeps going down and efficiency increases. Even a Titan XP draws less than that.
Last edited by Mongius; Oct 17, 2016 at 06:53 AM.
Got any problems or questions about computers or any other tech?Feel free to PM me any time. Lmod for Computer/Mobile Chat
all of this is going over my head ;-;
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Nomad Moderated Message:
Be more straightforward with your uplifting messages or I'll fucking skin you alive.
http://pcpartpicker.com/list/mKQ9KZ basically use that list if you need to spend that much on power. If you don't need that much power we can help with something cheaper which will still perform great on the majority of the games you'll play.
Idk how much power I need ;-;
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Nomad Moderated Message:
Be more straightforward with your uplifting messages or I'll fucking skin you alive.
IMO you can get by with a build well under a thousand. If you have Discord PM me and I can help you with a cheaper build there.
if you're getting a gtx 1070, 500W should be enough
If you're getting a gtx 1060, 450W should be enough
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[SmallBowl] [fallu] [Moop] [Parrot] [SkulFuk] [Icky] [Sassy]
[Ex-MSquad]
Need help with any market related questions? Feel free to PM ME. <Powas> I've got a degree in 1001 techniques of masturbation
No not power as in electricity. Gaming power. He is unaware how much he needs so it's likely a Xeon is overkill.