Ranking
17 by XXXTentacion and Humanz by Gorillaz were some of my favorite albums this year.
I also really liked Hopsin's album, No Shame

I haven't listened to Eminem's Revival yet tho, I will eventually.
ナゲット
Deadstar by smokepurpp
playboi carti
ybn nahmir - rubbin off the paint
Lil Pump tape
Trippie Redd a love letter to you album
and a little bit of tekashi
Originally Posted by Nugget View Post
Humanz by Gorillaz

i was kinda disappointed by this
i've always been a gorillaz fan so it was cool seeing them coming back
i never listened to the whole album, my hype died down after listening to shit like we got the power and that hallelujah song
i did like some songs like ascension and sleeping powder, wasn't a fan of saturnz bars
people told me it sucked so i never gave it a full listen, maybe i'll do it someday
also that album cover is weird i don't like it

anyways, here's a list of my favorite music of 2017 :

- tyler - scum fuck flower boi

the only song i didnt like was droppin seeds featuring lil wayne, everything else is great. i'd list my favorite songs but i enjoy all of it
if i had to choose one it'd probably be see you again

- brockhemptone - the saturation trilogy

saturation 1:

thank you cats for introducing me to this
my favorite songs are heat, gold, star, boys, fake, bump and milk

saturation 2:

favorite songs: gummy, queer, teeth, swamp, tokyo, junky, fight, sweet and sunny

saturation 3:

fav songs: all of them
johnny is probably one of my favorite songs from BH

sat 3 > sat 2 = sat 1 tbh

- kendrick - DARN.

fav songs: DNA, yah, element, feel, humble, xxx, fear and duckworth

i really like DAMN. because it sounds like a whole different album when you listen to it backwards

Huh looking back at what I've gotten this year there's a lot more good stuff than I thought for some reason.

The new Algiers album was fantastic, better than their debut I'd say.

dong

Oxbow showed up with their first new album in like 10 years and that was pretty dope too

doong

Tinariwen had a release guest starring fucking Mark Lanegan of all people and that was great

dooong

(speaking of Lanegan the new qotsa album was kinda trash)

Idles apparently did a few EPs in the past but I never heard of them until this years album which I thought was mad decent

doooongs

My favorite album of the year though by far was TFCF by Liars, probably my favorite thing by them now and that's saying something since they've done some incredible albums in the past.

doooooooongs

There was a fair bit of other stuff too like the new Primus and Unsane albums, that thing by Angles 9 and like 2 or 3 Melvins projects but I'm too lazy to link anything else.

see you in december 2018 i guess
oh yeah
2017 was really the year of dissapointment

syre was ass and weird, jaden played himself by thinking he was an icon so early in his career
1/2 playboi carti's songs were already leaked (old carti ((sir cartier)) >> new carti)
kevin abstract is the logic of homosexuality

however

flower boy was amazing
where's warhol? is good
smokepurpp's deadstar bites alot of rappers styles but nonetheless still bumps
damn. is ok
cozy boys tape 2 was ok

favorite songs of the year are uhhhh: element, dark knight dummo (trippie redd) , go with the flow (unotheactivist) , traffic (thouxanbanfauni), see you again, november, where this flower blooms, benz truck pt2 (rip peep), i've seen satan he has dreadlocks (itsoktocry) , honeyberry (p'ierre bourne). also these arent in order

hopefully 2018 is better
Last edited by Vishnu; Dec 19, 2017 at 05:18 AM.
After going through some albums again I'd like to change my top five album list.

My new list in order is:
1. Ed Sheeran - Divided
2. Jaden Smith - SYRE
3. Rick Ross - Rather You Than Me
4. Drake - More Life
5. Stormzy - Gang Signs and Prayers

Old list
Originally Posted by 16bars View Post
1. Jaden Smith - Syre
2. Kendrick Lamar - Damn
3. Jay-Z - 4:44
4. Drake - More Life