Ranking
Original Post
Rule against similar clan names
We know that having similar names to staff is bannable offence and forbidden.
But there is no such rule against having similar names with clans. So anybody can create a clan like Aipha with capital i, or flow woth o instead of 0, or fi0w or fiow with capital i...h4ck, etc.
I think this is nust wrong and nobody wants to see this happen. A rule against it is welcomed.

You can hogg all names similar to your name with alts...but you cand protect youself from this as a clan.

I propose that clan mods think about this and give a resonable feedback.
= SELLING MARKET INVENTORY =
Pm me for deals
Originally Posted by Icky View Post
I agree, why would someone use a 0 instead of an o? That seems very dumb.

Also, cmon now. There are people with similar tastes and that have similar ideas.

Opinion wise, the Name: "Flow" however spelt is a good one for a clan, due to it being a word that can relate to TB in many ways. So it's going to be thought of and re-thought of countless times.

You guys had a 0, they probably wondered why there wasn't one with an o.

As long as they aren't pretending to be you or using the similarity to anyone that doesn't know better to slander your name. Let em be dude. There's no one hurting anyone until it's proven otherwise.

So hypothetically I could make a account called lcky (with a lowercase L), get toriprime, make my name red and start helping people on the forums? I mean, I am free to use a name similar to yours right, and until I do something that breaks the rules, such as impersonating you, I'd be in the clear? Wile I'm at it, wouldn't I also be allowed to create a clan called tribe, I mean obviously tribe isn't Tribe at that point?
Now doing recoloring for people not in the clan as-well, PM for more info!
PROUD OWNER OF THORN'S GOOD ENOUGH WRITER AWARD!
I think there should be a rule that clans names should never be pronounced the same way.

Imagine how much confusion you'd get in a voice chat during clan league if there are like 5 clans twice.
evil Führer of Evil
Originally Posted by Smogard49 View Post
So hypothetically I could make a account called lcky (with a lowercase L), get toriprime, make my name red and start helping people on the forums?

well, first off, thats literally impossible. second off, no, you hypothetically could not, since icky is staff and he has authority in the game/community in general. people trying to impersonate staff might trick other users into doing what they want and that can result in serious problems. when i was smod i didnt ban people that had names like Arctic6389 or ArcticWord, only those that were actually trying to impersonate me. thats not the case here, they aren't parodying your clan or anything like that.
Originally Posted by Smogard49
Wile I'm at it, wouldn't I also be allowed to create a clan called tribe, I mean obviously tribe isn't Tribe at that point?

no, pretty sure you would not be allowed, because, as far as i'm aware, there's no way to register a clan with the same exact name as any other one just by changing capital letters lol
That was really bad sorry.
Someone tell me why this guy is highly respected by some people ???
Flow and Fl0w and both pronounced the same way, despite having a 0 instead of an o. Therfor, it is pretty much the same name and should be forbidden. Every clan is unique in it's own way and spetially when it comes to its name so it would be pretty much useless having an other one with the same name.

~Supported

If I was able to have one wish, it would be to live closer to my one true love Fred, his beard tastes so nice.
He is also a far superior tk player.
LegGang
I have to raise an eyebrow at how in your mind a clan is especially unique because of it's name rather than the members and what the clan does.

No. I do not support this. As long as there is no impersonation going on I see no strong enough reason for this suggestion (especially when talking about a name that's just such a common word like Flow)
h
So, if it’s an uncommon clan name such as The Last Legion and someone made a clan named Last Legion, or The L4st Legion, you wouldn’t be bothered by it at all? I mean as long as they’re not directly mocking or parodying your clan, they can go around telling people they’re in The L4st Legion. I mean if someone made a clan named 4lpha and publicized the fact they’re in 4lpha to people who lack the knowledge to know the difference between Alpha and 4lpha, I’d be a lil flustered. But as long as they’re not directly ripping us off, it’s chill right?
w
Most definitely, yeah. I have no problem with it either way, and when you basically try to copyright a word like Flow then it seems even more ridiculous. Yeah, I do really think this is a ridiculously insecure suggestion.
h
Originally Posted by Smogard49 View Post
So hypothetically I could make a account called lcky (with a lowercase L), get toriprime, make my name red and start helping people on the forums? I mean, I am free to use a name similar to yours right, and until I do something that breaks the rules, such as impersonating you, I'd be in the clear? Wile I'm at it, wouldn't I also be allowed to create a clan called tribe, I mean obviously tribe isn't Tribe at that point?

i think if you did that with icky then you would get like admin impersonation probably so whats the difference with doing the same with a clan.

i think its pretty dumb for clans to do that because a future legendary clans like [Alpha] or [i], a clan i was in for almost 2 years, shouldnt be taken by a clan called something like [Aipha] (using capital i of course) and the same with inq...

Supported, thanks insanity this was needed to be said
A1pla has been personally legitimized by me, when the clan was originally created I posted stating the clan was considered a spoof clan. I chatted with the clans creator and stated if the similar name was really what the leader wanted they would have to put in work for it.

The clan is now set up properly and has a better story then 95% of the communities clans so we decided we would legitimize the clan and let it stay.

Morale of the story similar names are allowed however they are held to a very high standard, if they don't meet that standard they will be killed

Now to add to this argument, in larger communities of 100,000+ users a day similar names aren't a problem as no one cares if their name is close to another. So the question is why should no similar names be enforced, what makes our community so special that we can't allow similar names.

As the Creator of 2 official clans getting 3 clans to official I can personally say I wouldn't care if someone used a clan name similar to one of mine, in fact if someone wanted to remake [xp] Experience or any other clan I've made I'd be flattered more than anything.

So final point, the similar name situation has been reviewed by the Clan Administration and has been legitimized and I am currently moderating similar clan names and holding them to a high standard.
[JollyR] [Ct] |Event Squad| (Au) [xp]
Pill || Calamity || Dropkick || Jere