Ranking
Original Post
Headphone advice
Important info:
Price, Location, Genre preference (dont say everything even if you mean it), where you will be using it, what you will be connecting it to (eg onboard sound, ipod classic). What you will use it for (games, music, movies etc. Put these into %).
Other important factors (noise cancelling, isolating, in-ear, cirucmaural, comfort [be sure to say if comfort is more important than sound]).
Give me a quick idea what you think a 'good headphone' is. eg. "Big bass" or "lots of detail"

kgo.

Source: Huge (huge) audiophile.

edit: be sure to tell us what you think when you get them
Last edited by m0o; Nov 24, 2009 at 05:37 PM.
technics have some ok dj phones, but there are better choices.
There are even better if you dont need a DJ headphone.
Theyre pretty uncomfortable, too.
Last edited by m0o; Nov 2, 2009 at 02:36 AM.
Hmm, sure why not.

Well, I'm looking for some headphones that I can use for quite a few things, I'll probably use them while drumming, so sound isolation would be nice, I'll use it for movies/games/simply listening to music as well. I'd prefer some comfortable ones that won't fall off my head easily because of drumming etc.

Uhh, price doesn't really matter as long as it's not obscene. Probably will be listening to heavier rock, so nothing that brutally murders the guitar, but still has quite a bit of bass.

Like my generic description? gogogo
Originally Posted by m0o View Post
technics have some ok dj phones, but there are better choices.
There are even better if you dont need a DJ headphone.
Theyre pretty uncomfortable, too.

i disagree i find them comfy as the do the trick for me when i play

also some sennheizers are also good for general use like what u are looking for mega
Originally Posted by Megadoomer View Post
Hmm, sure why not.

Well, I'm looking for some headphones that I can use for quite a few things, I'll probably use them while drumming, so sound isolation would be nice, I'll use it for movies/games/simply listening to music as well. I'd prefer some comfortable ones that won't fall off my head easily because of drumming etc.

Uhh, price doesn't really matter as long as it's not obscene. Probably will be listening to heavier rock, so nothing that brutally murders the guitar, but still has quite a bit of bass.

Like my generic description? gogogo

Would you be against two pairs of headphones?
Canalphones isolate the best by a fair margin, but I wouldn't recommend them for everyday listening.

A specific price would be nice :P

Possibilities in my mind for a single headphone at the moment are the beyerdynamic DT250 (the 80 ohm version) and the Shure SRH440.

Otherwise I'd recommend a 'cheap' canalphone and a grado headphone.
Personally, I dont think hard rock and loud bass go with eachother, but thats up to you.
Last edited by m0o; Nov 2, 2009 at 04:03 AM.
Yeah, hard rock and loud bass don't match, I was trying to get at I still want bass to actually be audible and not be completely flushed out. But yeah, I'll check those out, and I didn't really name a price because I'm not sure what could get me decent headphones without going way over the top
Originally Posted by Megadoomer View Post
Yeah, hard rock and loud bass don't match, I was trying to get at I still want bass to actually be audible and not be completely flushed out. But yeah, I'll check those out, and I didn't really name a price because I'm not sure what could get me decent headphones without going way over the top

Well, what soundcard do you have?
I'd probably recommend Grado SR225 as the best hard rock headphone on a budget.
Alternatively, the Grado SR80 if you are on a very tight budget.

If you live outside the US (cant remember), you wont be able to get grado. In which case the Alessandro MS1 would be the best option.
I wouldn't recommend the grado sr325 or MS2.

The grados wont isolate as they are open, though. People wil lbe able to hear what you are listening to if you play music loud (i'd recommend not playing music loud obviously)
You might be interested in Etymotic ER-20s. Theyre reusable earplugs that are designed to cancel frequencies evenly so you'll still hear what you are playing normally. They cost about ~$12.
You might be able to use them at the same time as headphones, I havn't tried.
They offer about 20 dB of reduction in noise.
Used to have a pair, they work great but I got custom earplugs after a while. Highly recommended for going to gigs and practising.
I'm trying to convince my parents to buy me some Skullcandy skullcrushers, because they're awesome. And blue.
I'm not a huge audiophile, so i don't know what the specs are. They have subwoofers, though. ^^
LIGHTING FROM MY EYES
Originally Posted by fat0ninja View Post
I'm trying to convince my parents to buy me some Skullcandy skullcrushers, because they're awesome. And blue.
I'm not a huge audiophile, so i don't know what the specs are. They have subwoofers, though. ^^

They sound like arse.