Ranking
the skullcandys are more about looks than comfort sound quality, and at £70 a pair (Head huggers) and £17 (buds, rubber ended), they are a rip-off, sound quality is terrible from them, i could get a better pair for 1/4 of the price.
Originally Posted by bilza View Post
the skullcandys are more about looks than comfort sound quality, and at £70 a pair (Head huggers) and £17 (buds, rubber ended), they are a rip-off, sound quality is terrible from them, i could get a better pair for 1/4 of the price.

If you get a KSC75 for aobut $11 you've got sound quality thats about 4 times better.
\o/ I have 2 custom woofers...
Well, the sounds is pretty clear & bass is bassily awesome.
Centuries Of Damn
Well really, sound isolation is a little higher on my priority list, but I still want great sounding headphones, so should I just go with the beryerdynamic or the Shure for now?

I'll try to be more specific until I narrow it down.

Here's the priority list.

1. Isolation
2. Great sounding with hard rock/any other form of rock :v
3. Comfort
4. Style
5. Size

I still want them to be comfortable, so 1-3 are all very close, but every other aspect that I can't really think of right now is lower than those 3

and for pricing I bet I can go anywhere from $50-100 US, 120 would be the absolute max. and ofcourse I could go lower.
Last edited by Megadoomer; Nov 3, 2009 at 01:29 AM.
Originally Posted by Megadoomer View Post
Well really, sound isolation is a little higher on my priority list, but I still want great sounding headphones, so should I just go with the beryerdynamic or the Shure for now?

I'll try to be more specific until I narrow it down.

Here's the priority list.

1. Isolation
2. Great sounding with hard rock/any other form of rock :v
3. Comfort
4. Style
5. Size

I still want them to be comfortable, so 1-3 are all very close, but every other aspect that I can't really think of right now is lower than those 3

and for pricing I bet I can go anywhere from $50-100 US, 120 would be the absolute max. and ofcourse I could go lower.

If you are looking at $50-120, the best you can probably do in a closed headphone are Shure SRH440 ($89.95 on amazon), JVC HARX700 ($33.95 on amazon <- great for the price), or an audiotechnica M50 (its 128 on amazon but you can pick them up for like $99 on ebay).

I'd still strongly recommend the grado SR80 or even the alessandro MS1 (you might need to wait a bit if you order directly form alessandro) for rock, though.

Otherwise, depending on what you are plugging it into, you cold get an x-fi of some sort and HARX700
Last edited by m0o; Nov 3, 2009 at 11:06 AM.
Price range : 100-150$ (Canadian)
Location: Canada, More specifically Vancouver (If thats what you mean)
Genre : Either Trance or Death metal
Ill be using them at school, getting to and from school, and at home mostly
What you will be connecting it to : either iPod Touch 1st gen, or my laptop.
What you will use it for : Music, and like watching the occasional TV show on my laptop.
Other importanat factors : Not too much clamp, my current headphones hurt my ears after wearing them for a while, and ive had them for a year, not really going away. Not in ear.

I currently have sony MDR-V300's

Also your avatar is the best thing ever. EVER
I will also be dispensing some knowledge on your collective ass' in this thread.
<Tapion> Salmon is nice fish
My dad is looking for headphones. He works at home and gets annoyed by all noise, so isolation is important, he watches videotapes, dvds off a mini dvd player, and listens to folk music on his ipod classic. He doesn't like earbuds and canalphones.
i have a totally post modern tattoo of a scalene triangle.
<DeadorK> fair maiden
<DeadorK> if the cum is going to be in your mouth
<DeadorK> it shall be in mine as well
Originally Posted by Chickenpox View Post
Price range : 100-150$ (Canadian)
Location: Canada, More specifically Vancouver (If thats what you mean)
Genre : Either Trance or Death metal
Ill be using them at school, getting to and from school, and at home mostly
What you will be connecting it to : either iPod Touch 1st gen, or my laptop.
What you will use it for : Music, and like watching the occasional TV show on my laptop.
Other importanat factors : Not too much clamp, my current headphones hurt my ears after wearing them for a while, and ive had them for a year, not really going away. Not in ear.

I currently have sony MDR-V300's

Also your avatar is the best thing ever. EVER

If you can handle using canals on the road, http://www.head-direct.com/product_detail.php?p=38 is currently on special for $79. Absolute steal at that price. Normally I wouldn't recommend canalphones as the only headphone for home use but yeah.

Otherwise http://www.audiocubes.com/product_in...roducts_id=596 The AD700 might suit you if you dont need isolation and dont want a huge amount of bass. These are huge though and theres 0 chance of them hurting your ears. If you can get amazon to ship to canada without huge taxes you can get these for about $90 + shipping on amazon. If you manage to get them from amazon you could use something like http://www.head-direct.com/products.php?p=23 on the road because AD700 would look lols in public.
^ instead of the AD700 you could also consider an alessandro MS1 for $99 + shipping. You might have to wait a bit though depending on how much stock they have. If you go the ms1 make sure you get the one with the mini plug.

AD700 will perform best on electronic, MS1 will perform best on rock/metal. MS1 is supraaural so itll sit on ears whilst AD700 goes around the ears.

Otherwise you could consider the ATH-ES7 @ http://www.audiocubes.com/product_in...oducts_id=1494
These are supraaural (meaning they rest ON the ears rather than around). Theyre really really shiny (pretty much mirrors). These are bassier than the above but theyre less comfortable and have a smaller soundstage.

Be sure to look around for other sites though. Idk much about canada.

I'd probably try and swing the AD700 and RE2.

Originally Posted by War_Hero View Post
My dad is looking for headphones. He works at home and gets annoyed by all noise, so isolation is important, he watches videotapes, dvds off a mini dvd player, and listens to folk music on his ipod classic. He doesn't like earbuds and canalphones.

If he doesn't NEED isolation its best to get open cans (in which case I'd recommend AD700 from amazon).
Otherwise, if he wants a lot of isolation, are canalphones out of the question?

http://www.head-direct.com/product_detail.php?p=38 are stupidly cheap at the moment.
Last edited by m0o; Nov 11, 2009 at 04:15 PM.
Price range : 100-200$ (USD, PayPal with shipping to New Zealand)
Genre : ANYTHING BR4
Ill be using them mainly at the computer.
What you will be connecting it to : iMac, or PC.
What you will use it for : Music, TV and Movies.
Other importanat factors : Needs to be comfortable. Sound control must be epic, bass must also be great. Must be headphones :/

Would an amplifier make any difference? Cheers.
Last edited by veb; Nov 12, 2009 at 11:55 PM.