Toribash
Originally Posted by veb View Post
Price range : 100-200$ (USD, PayPal with shipping to New Zealand)
Genre : ANYTHING BR4
Ill be using them mainly at the computer.
What you will be connecting it to : iMac, or PC.
What you will use it for : Music, TV and Movies.
Other importanat factors : Needs to be comfortable. Sound control must be epic, bass must also be great. Must be headphones :/

Would an amplifier make any difference? Cheers.

Some copypasta.

im pretty sure that most companies wont ship to NZ (particularly amazon). Or if they do theyll charge you like $70 USD for shipping. I probably wouldnt buy headphones on ebay
you might want to check out www.headphones.com.au because they ship to NZ for free. Other than that you'd have to surf around. Either way, asking on the headphonic forums is probably the best way to get advice
if you want to see which headphones are way more expensive in australia (because australia gets nerfed just as bad as newzealand with electronics prices) http://www.headphone.com is a good place to start. Amazon in america is stupidly cheap for some stuff but they wont ship outside the us
Price range: Somewhere around 100 USD.
Genre: A little bit of everything, but mostly rock.
Connecting it to: Computer, iPod, and PSP.
Use it for: Games and music mostly, some movies.
Other important factors: I want them to be noise canceling/noise isolating (not entirely sure what the difference is), and don't want a lot of leaked noise. Comfortability is important. Good bass would be a plus, but it's not really a requirement. Doesn't require an amplifier to sound the best. Have to be headphones.

Thanks.
Mosier: tl;dr gay clothing thoughts
Originally Posted by Vespesi3n View Post
Price range: Somewhere around 100 USD.
Genre: A little bit of everything, but mostly rock.
Connecting it to: Computer, iPod, and PSP.
Use it for: Games and music mostly, some movies.
Other important factors: I want them to be noise canceling/noise isolating (not entirely sure what the difference is), and don't want a lot of leaked noise. Comfortability is important. Good bass would be a plus, but it's not really a requirement. Doesn't require an amplifier to sound the best. Have to be headphones.

Thanks.

The Shure SRH440 sounds right for you @ ~88. Theyre isolating.

The difference between noise cancelling and isolation is that one blocks the nosie out while the other plays an interpolation to cancel out the sound wave (noise cancelling does the latter).
Noise cancelling is useless for everything except aircraft noise, basically. Isolating (i.e. passive noise reduction) will block everything.

By the way, if you dont need isolating (i.e. a closed headphone) you will get better sound quality for your dollar from an open headphone.
If I went for an open headphone, what are some good options? I've been looking at the Grado SR80is, and I'd probably get those if you don't have any other suggestions.
Mosier: tl;dr gay clothing thoughts
Originally Posted by Vespesi3n View Post
If I went for an open headphone, what are some good options? I've been looking at the Grado SR80is, and I'd probably get those if you don't have any other suggestions.

I like the SR80s for rock but I prefer the alessandro MS1i (which are ~$99 + shipping). The MS1 is essentially a more neutral SR125i.

They have less highs so they are less fatiguing and still kick arse at rock.
You may have to wait a month or so if you are ordering directly from grado or alessandro though as they use hand made stuff + alessandro has to wait for grado to send drivers

Btw the grados wont be particularly excellent for gaming (due to a small soundstage).
The AD700 will provide a better all-round sound for gaming and other genres but the grados will pwn with rock.
Otherwise you could look at the DT440 if you dont have a huge head (if you do, itll be uncomfortable).

DT440 is probably the best all-rounder, but the SR80/MS1 will be the best for rock.

Neither the AD700 or Grados have loud bass. Their bass is high impact but its not particularly loud on volume.

Best for gaming would be AD700
Best for rock music would be the MS1
Best allrounder would be DT440 (can be uncomfortable for some). Keep in mind this is coming from people who are used to AD700/DT880 levels of comfort; which are IMO some of the most comfortable headphones in existsence.
Best closed/isolating would be Shure SRH440

Most of my issues with these headphones are particularly audiophile. I'm pretty sure you'd be happy with any of them (except maybe the MS1 for gaming and the AD700 for bass volume).
An open headphone will almost always be better for gaming because of a larger soundstage/headstage (which means that it does footstep positioning etc better).

So its all up to your priorities ;)
Last edited by m0o; Nov 18, 2009 at 10:17 AM.
Alright, I been using my trustworth Siberian icemat for about a few years now and they are really torned down.

I am planning to buy something new and I am willing to go full out and buy something that looks quite sturdy.

I been looking at the QPAD®|QH-1339 Professional gaming headset costing around 290euro.

From what I seen is the isolation really good as well as the sound quality. The mic shall have great standard as well- Something useful when I am playing games.

I am a large fan of music so I wonder. Is it worth it, any other alternatives?
Originally Posted by 7734 View Post
Alright, I been using my trustworth Siberian icemat for about a few years now and they are really torned down.

I am planning to buy something new and I am willing to go full out and buy something that looks quite sturdy.

I been looking at the QPAD®|QH-1339 Professional gaming headset costing around 290euro.

From what I seen is the isolation really good as well as the sound quality. The mic shall have great standard as well- Something useful when I am playing games.

I am a large fan of music so I wonder. Is it worth it, any other alternatives?

it looks like a rebranded beyerdynamic MMX300.
You're probably better off with just about anything.

AD900 + a zalman clipon mic would be much cheaper and sound much better (assuming the QPAD is a rebranded MMX300, which means it has SQ similar to the DT770 pro).

I wouldnt recommend isolation if you dont need it.

Otherwise, if you need isolation, you should definitely look at getting a beyerdyanmic DT250 80 ohm (make sure its 80 ohm) and the zalmann
Im getting new ones, now my freind wants some D:

Price range: Below 100$
Location: Canada, More specifically Vancouver (If thats what you mean)
Genre: Metal/rock
Where you will be using it: Bus, walking around, at home, ect
What you will be connecting it to: iPod touch, 2nd gen, 32 gig
What you will use it for: Listening to music
Other importanat factors: earbuds / canalphones, Durable, not ugly, and good sound quality
Originally Posted by Chickenpox View Post
Im getting new ones, now my freind wants some D:

Price range: Below 100$
Location: Canada, More specifically Vancouver (If thats what you mean)
Genre: Metal/rock
Where you will be using it: Bus, walking around, at home, ect
What you will be connecting it to: iPod touch, 2nd gen, 32 gig
What you will use it for: Listening to music
Other importanat factors: earbuds / canalphones, Durable, not ugly, and good sound quality

http://www.head-direct.com/product_detail.php?p=38

Total bargain atm.
Durable and canalphone/earbud does not go together. Theyre sturdier than ibuds, though. Just dont go pulling on the cable.

The price might be a bit outside 100 CAD if thats what hes talking but if he can stretch it I would highly recommend it.

If he wants bigger bass he could look at a SoundMAGIC PL50
Last edited by m0o; Nov 19, 2009 at 08:03 AM.
it looks like a rebranded beyerdynamic MMX300.
You're probably better off with just about anything.

AD900 + a zalman clipon mic would be much cheaper and sound much better (assuming the QPAD is a rebranded MMX300, which means it has SQ similar to the DT770 pro).

I wouldnt recommend isolation if you dont need it.

Otherwise, if you need isolation, you should definitely look at getting a beyerdyanmic DT250 80 ohm (make sure its 80 ohm) and the zalmann

Alright, thanks alot. I think I will go for the DT250. I really need to have some good isolation so that people all around me don't complain which happens alot. Thanks again.