Ranking
Original Post
Kanye West AKA Hip Hop God
KANYE WEST IS MORE TALENTED THAN YOUR FAVORITE ARTIST
Most people probably think of Kanye as a rapper but for those of you who don't know, he started as a producer. Ever since he's started he's been pushing the envelope of modern hip hop. The production quality on all of his songs are insane. He knows exactly what sounds and instruments a song needs and uses his voice to fill in the cracks. He is truly a visionary genius and modern hip hop would not be anything like the way it is today without him. Not only has he been changing the production/rap game, but he's always been a huge fashion icon and makes sure to leave his mark on the Earth before he dies. He talks a lot about how people think he has a big ego, but he actually just uses it to fuel his powerhouse of a brain. When you listen to songs like "Power", and "All Of the Lights", you can just hear the richness in production and how he used elements from not only just rap, but from all of the best music of their respective genre with his fantastic sampling use. If you don't like Kanye, you can't like hip hop. Here are some of my picks for you to get hooked on him if you aren't already.

NOTE: ALL SONGS IN THE DROPOUT ARE 100% PRODUCED BY HIM (unlike all other modern artists)

Last edited by Tor1g0d; Feb 18, 2018 at 02:10 AM.
Hip-Hop god? He is nowhere near that list, he isn't even a runner up. The reason why I say that is because to be a hip-hop god you need to do multiple things such as: writing your own rhymes, impacting the genre in a huge way, have amazing shows and more. Sure Kanye West does have great shows and has impacted the genre but the fact that he doesn't write his own rhymes doesn't allow him to be a hip-hop god not one bit. He might have written his own rhymes back then but the fact Cyhi the Prynce and other people have written his rhymes current rhymes makes me doubt his lyrical ability.

Now if you would have said god producer then I'd mildly agree since his production is impeccable the only other people I can think of that are in the same realm as Kayne is Dr Dre, Pharrell and DJ Premier.

If you were to ask me who I think the hip-hop god is I wouldn't be able to gave you one answer. I'd have to name 6 artists that come to mind: Jay-Z, Eminem, Nas, Biggie, Tupac and last but not least Rakim.
Last edited by 16bars; Dec 17, 2017 at 08:08 PM.
nah

if we're talkin the best rapper-producer, we're talking el-p. no question. his rapping is far far far better than kanyes ever was, and his production is just as good if not better.

besides that, he's no hip hop god. if kanye is a hip hop god, so is danny brown. his discography is better than kanyes and he's pushing the limits of what hip hop can do in a much more successful way than kanye has.
Originally Posted by 16bars View Post
If you were to ask me who I think the hip-hop god is I wouldn't be able to gave you one answer. I'd have to name 6 artists that come to mind: Jay-Z, Eminem, Nas, Biggie, Tupac and last but not least Rakim.

The thing about all those artists is that none of them produce. Where Kanye lacks in rap skills he more than makes up in his production. Kanye is a 1 man show. Give each of them a computer and a mic and he'll make a jam better than any other artist. He sets the gold standard for modern hip-hop.

@pouffy: a god is a global influencer. they have the most power over their respective field. kanye is the most influential artist in modern hip hop. hes a rapper, producer, AND hiphop fashion icon. every public stunt he's ever done was to help him climb to the very top of the public eye. his song "power" is really like his theme song. he is controlling pop culture like its his marionette.
Originally Posted by Tor1g0d View Post
The thing about all those artists is that none of them produce. Where Kanye lacks in rap skills he more than makes up in his production. Kanye is a 1 man show. Give each of them a computer and a mic and he'll make a jam better than any other artist. He sets the gold standard for modern hip-hop.

The thing about Kayne is that he doesn't write his own bars. I understand what you mean fully, yes he's a great producer. But if you can't write good bars and need to get them from other people I can't respect that.

Now if you want to talk about global influence personally I think Eminem has the most.
Last edited by 16bars; Dec 18, 2017 at 02:56 AM.
Originally Posted by Tor1g0d View Post
@pouffy: a god is a global influencer. they have the most power over their respective field. kanye is the most influential artist in modern hip hop. hes a rapper, producer, AND hiphop fashion icon. every public stunt he's ever done was to help him climb to the very top of the public eye. his song "power" is really like his theme song. he is controlling pop culture like its his marionette.

wh

he's really not though. if you're talking somebody who can shift the social or rap spheres more than anybody else, you're talking kendrick or drake. even eminem. kanye has had his classics, and you're starting to see a good few groups take after him, but his recent albums haven't been the same way, and other people have had more sway in the game than him for a minute

i'll say it again, el-p is a better rapper-producer than kanye. he's been more underground until rtj, but his bars and flows are leagues better, and imo his production beats out kanyes as well. even if you don't think his production is better, his rapping is so much better that it doesn't even matter.

plus, like i said, other people still have better discographies. imo danny brown does.
honestly i enjoyed some of his older works, even though im not a fan of any of his singing, over time with autotune its just gotten worse and become completely unenjoyable to me
cage the gargoyle
Originally Posted by 16bars View Post
Hip-Hop god? He is nowhere near that list, he isn't even a runner up. The reason why I say that is because to be a hip-hop god you need to do multiple things such as: writing your own rhymes, impacting the genre in a huge way, have amazing shows and more. Sure Kanye West does have great shows and has impacted the genre but the fact that he doesn't write his own rhymes doesn't allow him to be a hip-hop god not one bit. He might have written his own rhymes back then but the fact Cyhi the Prynce and other people have written his rhymes current rhymes makes me doubt his lyrical ability.

Now if you would have said god producer then I'd mildly agree since his production is impeccable the only other people I can think of that are in the same realm as Kayne is Dr Dre, Pharrell and DJ Premier.

if we discard influence and focus only on mc qualities tupac shouldn't be on your list cause tupac wasnt a god rapper or god mc in anyway, just had a lot of influence.
<ego>holy fuck a bat is in my room
- ego quit (Ping timeout)
Originally Posted by Melqart View Post
honestly i enjoyed some of his older works, even though im not a fan of any of his singing, over time with autotune its just gotten worse and become completely unenjoyable to me

he actually has quite a few modern songs that he doesnt use autotune in and are bangers. idk if you mean just the digital sound or his actual voice but ex. saint pablo (you might not like the sharp chimey noise, but i like it and its pretty unique)

EDIT FUN FACT: The album cover from 808s and Heartbreaks has the color palette from the previous album (Graduation) on the left side of it. He always has artistry on his mind
Last edited by Tor1g0d; Dec 27, 2017 at 01:58 AM. Reason: added a fun fact