Ranking
Original Post
I'm Not Racist [WARNING: SLURS]
First off, I want to start this off by saying this is not a flaming thread.
This is purely for discussion, to share opinions and understand the other's point of view. All i ask is that you please, please watch the whole video. Don't stop halfway and start writing without listening to the whole song.

But pick the song apart, give opinions on it, things you notice with the video, how it corresponds with the song, anything and everything is welcome.

A couple questions to start this off: after watching the video, what's your opinion on this? Did they cover both sides accurately? Even after years where slavery ended, and people now fight to end racism in some parts of the world, why is racism still such a big thing?

THIS VIDEO MAY OFFEND SOME PEOPLE, AS IT USES RACIAL SLURS AND STEREOTYPES TO PROVE A POINT. PLEASE DO NOT WATCH OR COMMENT IF YOU HAVE NO INTENTION OF PROVIDING A VALID VOICE TO THIS DISCUSSION

i'll give my opinion once a discussion is started.
I saw this when it came out +1
This whole entire song is based off stereotypes.

The thing with the n-word is that it has lost its original meaning. It was used in a derogatory way to offend black people and now they use it all the time. But white people aren't allowed to say it In my opinion, either everyone should be able to use a word, or nobody should be able to use a word. We need to learn to move past racism, we're all fucking human, but that'll never happen because people tent to find any reason to hate others.
ナゲット
In my opinion it's a good song but besides that.

after watching the video, what's your opinion on this?
The song is good, he has a good point on the stereotypes, the fact that black people, can say this, and we can't say that, and racism as a whole has been around for a while, they take offense to the word just because of the past, that most likely will not happen again, overall stereotypes are a huge concept in this world, and take play in things like racism.

Did they cover both sides accurately?
I'd say 50-50, although i will admit that our government in the USA is sort of corrupt, and a lot of the rich people that are indeed white, do think a lot about stuff like power, selfishness, greed, and things like that.

Even after years where slavery ended, and people now fight to end racism in some parts of the world, why is racism still such a big thing?
Due to stereotypes, and other things, people are butthurt over the past, hatred spreads. Think the biggest part of this is the phrase 'we become what we behold', which is a game but also a very dark but true quote. They see hatred, it spreads, they see anger, it spreads, so on and so fourth, as with every being, not saying people are 'sheep' or even the 'monkey see monkey do' story, this is completely different, especially with media, no one wants to see niceness on the news, on media, it's not as interesting as hate, as other types of things, but that's a whole 'nother topic, what i'm getting at is, hatred spreads, and as it does, things like that happen, racism.
Multiculturalism isn't working, get over it.

User was infracted for this post (no one-sentence posts).
Last edited by Creati0n; Dec 19, 2017 at 03:38 AM.
Can you provide why you think that? Your comment is kind of exactly what I asked people not to post.
The video is too long and too boring, you know what they are going to say without listening to the whole thing.
You are not going to get a reasonably fast solution to this problem. Being tolerant and standing up for minorities is already a fucking joke ruined by SJWs, marginalizing whites. Blacks have no reason to tolerate whites whatsoever, it's not 'cool' to be friends with white people.

So any reasonable white person has a disdain for minorities, and minorities hate white people by default. This isn't something you can fix in a day or even a lifetime, but it's getting there.

You had Jim Crow not long ago, now you are all equal in theory if not in practice. The average American is more tolerant than their grandparents were, and your grandkids will probably be more tolerant than you are. But it's just that, tolerance. You'll never be an undivided nation.

We've had gypsyes in Europe as a separate ethnic identity for longer than you have been a country, for reference. Being divided like that will always cause friction.

You shouldn't need a shitty rap song to be able to hold a conversation about this topic.
Last edited by ynvaser; Dec 15, 2017 at 10:20 PM.
Hmm. You're right, you shouldn't need a "shitty rap song" to have a friendly discussion about racism and why it's still around.

I think you missed the meaning of the song however. The discussion wasn't about the song itself, but over the real problem of racial stereotypes and why people have that disgust towards the other race. The song was an opening for this topic.

I disagree to your statement of standing with minorites being ruined by SJW's though. I don't think it's a joke at all. I think it's stupid to think that sjw are standing up for black people. Black people can stand on their own. However, I think that standing WITH black people shows a message. Eminem did that with the recent rap he did against Donald Trump.

"Any reasonable person has a disdain towards minorites"
But why?? I'd like to believe that I'm a reasonable person, but I don't hold disdain towards black people. True, there are some minorites that honestly freak me out. For instance, gangs. They scare me. But other black people that aren't in gangs(or maybe they are, I dunno) that are respectful and trustworthy, those people I get along with fine. I see no problem with looking at minorites as equal to white people.

As for changing it in a day or a year, I never even thought this thread would do that. This is simply to discuss your thoughts on the matter in a relatively friendly manner. Of course I know that you can't change millions of people's opinions in a day. Uniting something that has been divided for centuries is never an easy task.

Besides that, you can have a division and still hold the other side as equal to yourself. You're right, the world will never be undivided. But that doesn't mean we can't work together and view each other as equal.

As for the rest of your conversation, I'm not going to comment on. I don't know enough about the subject to provide any sort of argument over it
I think a lot of people are misunderstanding this song.

Its not meant to rebuke trump supporters, nor expose the flaws in the African-American culture, but rather show that both are one-sided ideologies that don't take the greater whole into account. The song is meant to show to people breaking political and social barriers between each other in order to expose a greater reality of humankind: everybody is happier when we all hug. It may sound ridiculous, but it true, political rhetoric extending from a person is often a misrepresentation of how they truly conduct themselves outside of the political sphere. The song shows that politics is innately polarizing; wittily reminding the viewer that, those who choose sides in politics tend to adapt grossly generalized views about the American population that are simplified by politicians for easy public consumption (and can do harm in common discourse). In addition, you can tell the artists has specifically chosen political ideas from both sides that are generalized, and highly controversy, which is intended to get the viewer angry, and in the end, basically says, "hey you, viewer, fuck you for looking at these two people as republicans and democrats, they're real fucking people and they can transcend there political differences because they don't represent the political burning points you ignorantly let yourself think they did, they represent real americans that can understand and love each other as such"

[This part in red is an edit, Im still tossing around ideas in my head right now, this idea is not fully developed, take it with a grain of salt.]

He is not saying "fuck SJWS" nor "fuck Trump supporters" but rather, "fuck politics"
Last edited by Veoo; Dec 16, 2017 at 03:11 PM.
Seeing the questions you put up, it is kinda obvious you didn't get the meat of the video.

It is an exceptional music video, and it brings up many good points on both sides. But the main message is that racism is something that needs to be addressed directly and we really need to sit down and . . . talk about it.

Like the problem these days is people say "Racism doesn't exist" or "Why are we talking about old news" and things like that.

Racism exists, and racism will continue exist for a while. So, people need to stop ignoring it or pretending it doesn't exist or denying racism was ever a problem to begin with.

That is the worst way to go at the situation and treating our problems with disdain and ignorance will solve nothing.

Nothing.

now . . . can we guarantee that addressing racism and being open about it will lead to a better understanding of each other? Can we erase racism completely?

In my opinion, no. But it is certainly a step in the right direction.
Meh. I think I need to quit toribash for a bit.

yuma's quote

lol what the fuck are you talking about... they literally never have a productive conversation and just end up hugging it out in the end because they realize the whole political landscape is dividing the fuck out of them for no reason. it has nothing to do with political discussion, it actually is ANTI political discourse. read the post I wrote before this. the artist specifically is saying "fuck politics"