Ranking
Original Post
Xbox 360 noise control.
Hey everyone, this topic is about the sound an Xbox 360 make's when it is playing a game.

My Xbox is very load whilst playing a game, im not sure if this is true with all Xbox's because a week or so ago, i had a game in and i tried to connect the internet cable into the back of the console while it was still running. All of a sudden the disc must have slid from the tray inside the console and was spinning wildly. I turned it off ASAP and the game didn't look to damaged. So i was curious if the sound was made by my mishap or is it just the Xbox, because i can't say i noticed the sound much before.
This usually happens when you move the Xbox and it does often wreck your discs. It wrecked a few of my games. You can get a another copy of the game from Microsoft, but Microsoft only provides refunds from games they've made/published so you're pretty much screwed if you wreck a game that's not an Xbox exclusive.

I highly recommend you do not try to move the Xbox at all while playing a game or it'll just cause damage to your discs which isn't repairable.
It makes me wonder..
I wouldn't even move it with a disc in it, if you're going to a LAN party etc, Flub is most likely right here, it's often the case.
[CENTER]
lead Sigma
I can no longer play Kung-Fu Panda since I accidentally kicked my Xbox

Also, the Xbox overheats really quickly which can result in a crash. The noise is simply the fan working really hard, especially for graphic-intensive games like Far Cry 2 or Gears of War 2. You can purchase a second cooling device, which straps onto the back of the Xbox, keeping it cool. Dunno about the noise of it though, I don't have a cooling device :P
Fonzie be with you.
how did you accidentaly kick it? and how hard did you?

and some times i have the problem with the sound other than that its fine
weed + fire= happiness
Originally Posted by killer20 View Post
umm how do you accidently kick your xbox <.<

Originally Posted by codyward View Post
how did you accidentaly kick it? and how hard did you?

and some times i have the problem with the sound other than that its fine

When I first got my Xbox, I had no place to put it so I placed it on the floor beside my TV stand. When I got up to get a drink, my foot tapped it and I heard a screeching sound, then an error.
Fonzie be with you.
Lol I accidently hit my xbox when i was getting food/drink while rainbow six vegas 2 was in it.

Now i can't play a map called Villa,But everything else is fine ;_;
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
.::[Latin]::..-Ldr[GU]-[OLDA]-[PwN]-[TO]-[BISH]-[MG]-[WLT]

[Auction].::Full Demo Set::.
~TheElement Signature WingFlame
I Stuffed my Bioshock disk up, But im gonna go buy it again today. Its a wicked game, AND Number 2 has been announced WOOOO....
Also my mum kicked my xbox, and i couldn't play halo3 for ages, so i got CoD4 and now i never play halo3

*on topic*
Yes the xbox does make a lot of noise, but just save the games to your harddrive and it will stop the majority of the sound