Toribash
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Original Post
Should people be upset about racism nowadays?
Hear me out.

The last time that colored people were discriminated against was during the times of MLK and when the ruled that you couldn't have "separate but equal schools", it took some years but from the late 1950's and onward I think society has moved past literal racism.
You don't really see people committing crimes against others because of the color of their skin do you?

I feel like because of what we're being taught in school and how slavery was a thing a couple of years ago, people tend to jump to conclusions when something fucked up happens.
For example, a cop beats the fuck out of someone for some fucked up reason and they just happen to be a black person.
People will see that in the news and use that to fuel their propaganda that they create saying that "oh, all cops are racist fucks who hate black people".
To be honest, I think that's really reaching.
Racism is frowned upon in this society nowadays compared to the 1950's where most of the general population were completely racist people.
The fucking mob mentality of people and the "Black lives matter" movement to me is dumb as fuck.
Especially when you have a shit ton of other minorities in this country too. Jewish, Hispanic, fuckin Russian, Polish, you name it.

I am a black male. Black as fuck. Mom and dad are both black, I fuckin was raised in the most ghetto ass part of Southern California, and not once. ONCE.
Was I discriminated against by a white dude because of the color of my skin.
The reason why I take racism as a joke is because we should all be doing that to reduce the effectiveness of some white dude calling a black dude a "nigger".
I feel like racism isn't a thing anymore and hasn't been since the fucking NWA, Tupac, Notorious B.I.G. days.