Ranking
Originally Posted by ConCon View Post
Sweet dude, what happened to your rogue though?

Well I realized I enjoy PvP quite a bit more than PvE. When I was doing PvE, Assassination Rogue felt pretty intricate and high skill capped. Rewarding to do a more complicated rotation and be rewarded with big-dick DPS.

Taking him to the arena, Assassination was vastly overtuned, so since legion release they've lost like... 55% agility, a nerf to their ultimate ability system shock, a nerf to their control/stun, and like 20% nerf to stamina. They do less damage in their burst cycle than so many "glass cannon" specs like Ret, Frost DK, Destro Lock, WW Monk, etc. Additionally, no class hard counters another harder than Paladin countering Rogue this season. Our honor talent, Pure of Heart, basically removes 2/3rd of a Rogue's tool kit passively.

I thought I'd probably focus on PvP on my Paladin and if I want, run PvE with low queue times since everybody needs a healer. Turns out I wasn't wrong about everyone needing a healer, I just underestimated how hard PvP healing would be and how bored I get healing PvE. So right now I'm making it a goal to hit an above challenger title level in my first season.
Need help?
Creati0n says: still my favorite. <3
I sacrificed my firstborn for this great human being to join (M) ~R
Just Use Thunder!
Awesome, I felt the same thing back when MoP was the latest xpac, I had more fun healing pvp than pve. Pvp makes your healing skills crazy good xD

I'm still waiting for flying till I level all my other classes, but I want to bring up my resto sham and my dudu as resto as well. My warrior has been so much fun for tanking and dps for the beginning of legion so far. I can't pvp too much on it though, its easy killing in normal bgs but in rated, I just have too many handicaps with my 300 ping and being melee (even though im in range on my screen, im not on theirs so I cant hit them unless they stand still lol).

Btw have you tried RBG healing?
starting to get really tired of this shitty expansion. i really enjoyed this expansion towards the start but some things are really making me not want to play.

i love not being able to parse close to any mage with the legendary good ring/helm/bracers because i have the belt/bad ring/boots (i'd trade all 3 of these in for one of the good 3, which would also get rid of my soft cap for legendaries that prevents me from getting a 4th... oh wait, ian just announced they removed it x DDDD thank god i spent hours and hours grinding m+ and raids every week for nothing). i love logging in every single day to do my daily emissary quests to get a cache that always has a useless 835 item, sweet glad i wasted an hour with that shit. thank god being exalted with every faction also does nothing. i love not getting gear from mythic raids because new players join my team at like 860 ilvl and take it all, i am still wearing 0 mythic pieces and have gotten 2 useless pieces after having 5 nyth kills, 5 elerethe kills, 4 ursoc kills, and 1 dragons kill, guess this mage is already geared and that's why he's pushing the meters, yeah (ex1, ex2)? i love running mythic+ 10-12s every single week to get a useless 880+ piece of gear that i will never use. i love only just now getting an 840 nibble ring (fire mage bis even at a low ilvl) because out of the several arcways i've done, m+ and regular mythic i've never been lucky enough to get one until a world quest for one spawned yesterday. i love still having an 850 shock baton because i'm not lucky enough to see it titanforged after 10+ attempts of that world quest. i love how random shitty world quest items like shock baton are bis single target for my class and others. i love how there's no direct line of sight for grinding, there's just the idea that you can possibly get a legendary or a good piece of gear if it titanforges and it's unlikely that it will be bis anyway. i love the grind for artifact power, it's definitely not repetitive and shitty doing a thousand mythic+ dungeons until you hit 35 (i'm tired of it and i'm just getting to 32); who the fuck thought it would be a good idea to have the exact same dungeons being run thousands of times for an endless ap grind/possible legendary chance/titanforge chance? i love the fact that fire mage is getting nerfed to the fucking ground in 7.1.5 because it's been considered very strong, mostly not arguable because it is strong, but only actually stronger in aoe encounters, (it literally sims 130k dps less on single target in ptr, WHAT THE FUCK?), but let's just give spriest a slight nerf to stm (i actually don't disagree with this nerf, i just wish they weren't nerfing fire mage so hard) when they're actually parsing #1 on almost every raid encounter by an insane margin of damage. the only fights they are not #1 based on warcraft logs are mythic elerethe (where there are 7 spriests in the top 10 and 3 mages), and heroic ilg, and i looked at both mythic and heroic. let's leave alone arms warriors who also have the highest simdps rating (because simcraft can't properly use stm on spriest) and also parse insanely high on encounters. let's leave druid tank alone, easily the strongest tank class right now for mythic progression and completely nerf prot warr and fire mage by changing the way they are played entirely, making it so they are not only nerfed but so that these players will have to relearn their class rotations (check changes on mmochamp if curious). but hey, thankfully us unfortunate players that play one of these classes getting nerfed to the ground have a secondary option of switching to a different spec, right? fucking wrong, i have 0 points in arcane/frost because i didn't think blizzard was killing my class off completely making it worse than every other single target spec in the game. looking good for me, going to have to farm out another thousand mythic+ and raids with frost specialization on loot hoping i can get frost to where fire is... x DDDDDDDDDD.

guess this is my rant, felt like complaining about some of these things about legion that are slowly turning it into wod and if they don't change things for the better it will become worse than wod ever was. at least in wod there was a clear sight of grinding/farming for things that you wanted, in legion it's just endless grinding hoping that you'll get a legendary or good titanforge piece while also hoping you aren't softcapped, etc. i have hope for the future, considering tomb of sargeras looks great, nighthold could be great, and the fact that we're literally going to argus at the end of the expansion, but i just hope that it turns out as great as it sounds.
Last edited by Faint; Nov 27, 2016 at 03:40 PM.
Originally Posted by Faint View Post
at least in wod there was a clear sight of grinding/farming for things that you wanted.

nice meme. mop was the shit for grinding and farming items. here's your shit, and there's your item. in wod, go do that, then go there and do something else, then farm some crystals whilst ur at it for no reason, then go there again.

though, legion isn't very different, so i can agree.

been getting myself just above 850 on both my 110's, and i cba anymore. only doing gear shit if they show up as a wq.
raids are still shit imo. when they said they liked the raid concept in wod during blizzcon, i once again didn't feel like raiding. yeah the mechanics are good, but it's so boring. SoO was so much better imo.

i don't think legion is shit. i just want mop back. tell me how shit mop was. i've played each expansion very off like, because it was on my dad's account, and i only played when i was at his place, which wasn't very often. got back into it more seriously in mop, and i just liked the straight forth feeling of it. plus, timeless isles was probably one of the better ways to actually get into gearing, imo. it didn't give you any amazing gear, but it got you ready for raiding lfr. plus, some of the chests was pretty fun to get to, with small challenges and stuff.
M I N I V A N
Originally Posted by Hours View Post
nice meme. mop was the shit for grinding and farming items. here's your shit, and there's your item. in wod, go do that, then go there and do something else, then farm some crystals whilst ur at it for no reason, then go there again.

though, legion isn't very different, so i can agree.

been getting myself just above 850 on both my 110's, and i cba anymore. only doing gear shit if they show up as a wq.
raids are still shit imo. when they said they liked the raid concept in wod during blizzcon, i once again didn't feel like raiding. yeah the mechanics are good, but it's so boring. SoO was so much better imo.

i don't think legion is shit. i just want mop back. tell me how shit mop was. i've played each expansion very off like, because it was on my dad's account, and i only played when i was at his place, which wasn't very often. got back into it more seriously in mop, and i just liked the straight forth feeling of it. plus, timeless isles was probably one of the better ways to actually get into gearing, imo. it didn't give you any amazing gear, but it got you ready for raiding lfr. plus, some of the chests was pretty fun to get to, with small challenges and stuff.

what i said was mostly in regards to legendaries in wod, i don't know/care about how itemization was in wod but to get a legendary it wasn't just because you were lucky, you had to spend a few months grinding out the quest or whatever. still a shitty system sure, but miles better than legion. i didn't play mop either but clearly that system was also probably not great because a majority of players botted. legion is designed the way that it is because people love that feeling of gambling or getting that legendary randomly, it's like in cs:go when you open a crate and get a knife, for example. i think it's a horrible system but retarded casuals love it, it benefits people randomly while also hurting others. there's no logical reasoning for loot this tier, and i am completely against m+ farming for random titanforge procs and legendary chances (especially when they have admitted to soft capping players who put in tons of hours like me), and i don't think they have any good plans in mind for the immediate future as patch 7.1.5 addresses none of these issues and instead focuses on "class balance" (LOL). all of this is coming from someone who is 882 on my mage and 863 on my warrior with 4 legendaries overall, 3 on my mage and 1 on my warrior. i might not care so much if i had the best legendaries on my mage but it's an awful system regardless

the dumbed down mechanics are the entire problem with emerald nightmare and recent raids. i have no problem with the aesthetic of emerald nightmare and i even like the cenarius arena, but that's not the point. there's a reason top guilds cleared mythic in one day. what happened to the days when it would take weeks for top guilds to clear the hardest content? hundreds of guilds are not just clearing mythic EN, they are putting it on farm. nyth mechanics are ridiculously simple, elerethe mechanics are also ridiculously simple, ursoc is one of the easiest raid bosses of any tier if you can pull average dps, dragons is a bit more complicated because of portals but even then it's the same fight as heroic with more health and damage, mythic ilg is a more complicated and drawn out version of heroic, mythic cenarius is the only boss worth mentioning from the entire raid and it's the only one people struggle on, and mythic xavius is the biggest joke of a last boss of any raid tier ever. this is also without mentioning that you can make your raid group vantus runes to make a fight easier. you don't even need a good group to clear mythic raids anymore, you just need a geared group. before legion, there were actually pug groups clearing mythic hfc. pug groups are 1-shotting heroic en right now and they could probably be clearing mythic if there was no restrictions based on realms.

i'm not really excited for the aesthetic of nighthold because i've already seen it and i could care less, i just hope that the fights will be interesting. that being said though, i'm pretty excited for the aesthetic of tomb of sargeras and fighting kil'jaeden again, the raid layout looks great. same for whatever happens on argus.

the last expansion i played was cata and it was fun while i played but i quit before firelands. i've been playing since vanilla and while i didn't raid at all back then, i remember being in a guild that raided and it was exciting watching them down content though i don't think anyone on my realm cleared naxx back then. raid and end-game content has consistently gone down the shitter since cata and while i liked most mop content i find that all raid tiers post throne of thunder aren't very great. i personally don't care for SoO but i know a lot of people like it. my ideal raid tiers would be vanilla naxx, black temple, sunwell, ulduar, icc, etc. raids like black temple and throne of thunder are great examples of raids with unique aesthetics that people will always remember along with the great mechanics and difficulty that came with. dragon soul heart of fear and terrace of endless spring are great examples of shit raid tiers, how the fuck did they even let dragon soul through as the last raid tier of cata?
Last edited by Faint; Nov 27, 2016 at 08:15 PM.
We 1950 bois, 50 away from my goal (ish)
Need help?
Creati0n says: still my favorite. <3
I sacrificed my firstborn for this great human being to join (M) ~R
Just Use Thunder!
I'm starting to stray from DH and focus more on holy priest (I haven't even done ToV on normal or even LFR in my DH or priest). completed class campaign, currently at 833 ilvl. I jumped into lfr to test healing logs last night whenever I was still doing priest campaign, and I get around 60-70 percentile (based on ilvl), which is pretty okay. (at least I think it is, I don't really know what percentile is good or not for healing, I'm just assuming it's the same for DPS)

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...ealing&fight=2 ursoc (char name is Suphr btw)

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...ealing&fight=4 dragons

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...G#type=healing cenarius

I went in with just a flask and some mana potions. I run out of mana fairly quick, so I need to practice mana conservation a bit more. in dungeons, I usually hover around 130k-170k hps depending on the encounter.

I might give disc a shot as well, even though disc stat priority conflicts with holy stat priority, the same goes with shadow.
Last edited by Rfifan; Dec 9, 2016 at 04:08 AM.
RIP [duck] Aug 28 2011 - April 20 2020