Ranking
why ipirateguy got a usertitle from you guys
i jealous of him
"0h no" -Trice
A.K.A Tricerafi || Thanks Papa Donut, bless you
Originally Posted by tricerafi View Post
is there a day that you took a break from banning people or infract people?

Most of us will go afk for, say, 3 days max without any warning whatsoever, it's generally not much of a big deal and we clear our schedules first
Originally Posted by kumi View Post
I always used to laugh when an smod replies to spambot with quote, then you report the bot and the smod. Then the other smods get mad because "we all make mistakes". Then siku says "if you have half a brain" and smod gets mad when I say that XD

There aren't as many bots around now though, 6 months ago it wouldn't be uncommon to have 4 or 5 a day and not have them cleaned up for weeks. Now I don't see them.

Did the capatcha really stop them?

it got worse, it's just that the smod reaction time is godlike. If you could see the deleted threads in Off Topic
<&Fish>: did you just infract the toribot?
<&Fish>: you're fired
<JSnuffMARS> sounds like a drug-addiction or mastu(I'll censor that word)
<bishopONE>: also yeah fisting
<mwah> Gynx is it true you got admin over hero because hes from pakistan
no one "stepped up their game". you simply don't see a lot of the things smods/admins do
QUACK
They've been working more around the clock than usual though, there seems to be 2 blues on for every timezone
<&Fish>: did you just infract the toribot?
<&Fish>: you're fired
<JSnuffMARS> sounds like a drug-addiction or mastu(I'll censor that word)
<bishopONE>: also yeah fisting
<mwah> Gynx is it true you got admin over hero because hes from pakistan
Originally Posted by siku View Post
no one "stepped up their game". you simply don't see a lot of the things smods/admins do

I don't get it.

There were more visibile bots before (sometimes 5 or 6 in a row in one thread) and it could take a week or more to clean them up, if at all.

Now I hardly see bots, and sid says there are more than ever!

I don't understand how to reconcile those two facts without someone stepping up their game.

Surely if there are more bots and smods were still slow then we would have a ton more visible bots?

I also don't see how "you don't see blah blah" factors in to it. It seems to imply either that smods were previously doing a lot more work to delete bots behind the scenes and thus the week long delay, which just sounds weird no matter how i think about it.
Last edited by kumi; May 1, 2012 at 02:25 AM.
Originally Posted by kumi View Post

There were more visibile bots before (sometimes 5 or 6 in a row in one thread) and it could take a week or more to clean them up, if at all.

I'd like to think that people have learnt to use that ye olde report button.
< Larfen> also my replay thread has more views than the rules thread \o/

...This probably explains most problems in this community.
Originally Posted by Dargon View Post
I'd like to think that people have learnt to use that ye olde report button.

i dunno, staff always say they are super busy, so wouldn't more work for them to do make everything slower? O_o Besides that even reported posts used to be slow to process, I don't report much now so I can't compare... But I do remember "I reported that bot like 2 days ago, what gives?"... And then the mods get mad because I ended up reporting every post that the 1-post-a-day bot makes because they never get cleaned up... But idk I can't see the statistics on that and I can't compare really, I don't see many bots to even report

Seems like some people are going a long way to deny a compliment :P
Question.

I know sir was sir099123 or whatever, but I never saw him before he was sir.

Did he just leave for a period of time in early 2009, and come back now?
the inner machinations of my mind are an enigma