people playing: 81, servers online: 21, games played: 143,237,736 Top Player: Lucy3

  Toribash Community » General » Discussion
Register FAQ General Rules Community
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 3 Weeks Ago   #11
Ele
 
3rd Dan Black Belt
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 2,363
Clan: Aeon



Originally Posted by Shock View Post
Racism should bother everyone. The idea that someone could be unable to feel safe certain places, be less likely for x thing, or have to be 'scared' of another race simply because of the amount melanin in their skin makes me sick.

However, as I was telling violet the other day, I don't let the n word itself bother me as a black person. The word just doesn't have an effect even if it were to be thrown out in a negative context. I'm all for it in the endearment sense but I don't see why I should let it have power over me.

I think what my boi DGRK is saying is that people, nowadays, are pulling out the race card out when there ain't no goddamn reason to pull it out.

Some people just don't think good. They don't consume the /substance/ of what's presented to them, they only scratch at the surface level. From their surface-level scratchings, they wind up having shitty conclusions - Like "blarghh racism, blarghg".

Some people /do/ seem to do this purposely, knowing better, but there's also the sad reality that there's many more out there doing it unconsciously. Looking for something to blame.



people gonna people
Ele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 Weeks Ago   #12
Alpha
Chatterbox
 
3rd Dan Black Belt
Join Date: Sep 2014
Posts: 5,732
Clan: Vector



honestly its mostly the fault of those retarted sjws,
they see a white person beating a black person and they immediatly say its because of racism
they don't give a damn about context, they just want something to get offended about and tell everyone and their moms how they are being discriminated and depressed,
and the biggest problem in all this is that they take all the attention instead of people that are acually being discriminated because of their race and so cause people to think that "racism" nowadays is just a way for retarted people to get attention.

welp, the worst it can get is getting called racist slurs (usually as a joke to get someone triggered) specially in advanced countries but it can get extreme specially in third world countries.
Aadame:I'm very signaturable
It's just no one usues my shit .
Alpha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 Weeks Ago   #13
Candy
Somewhat Sober Clan
 
Master Belt
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 1,576
Clan: Tank



that entire statement can be summed up by generalization (assuming everyone who cares about racism is an SJW or thinks the same way) and statements you couldn't justify if you tried for example
"they see a white person beating a black person and they immediatly say its because of racism"
"welp, the worst it can get is getting called racist slurs (usually as a joke to get someone triggered) specially in advanced countries but it can get extreme specially in third world countries."
"they don't give a damn about context, they just want something to get offended about"

why do you think saying a racial slur in a third world country is worse than saying it in a first world country
Context is important but people using slurs like "retarted" do not consider the context of the word they are saying. or do but just neglect it.

"they take all the attention instead of people that are acually being discriminated because of their race and so cause people to think that "racism""
I Don't remember where i heard about Trayvon Martin first but i remember Trayvon Martin sure this is a just a case study but I can't think of any situation where someone who brought up an issue of racism got more attention then the victim, and iv'e seen a decent amount of racism on display from people Shooting on phones. I don't think anyone can can't remember the people that filmed it but remember the acts some of them are even shot by the victims. the people that talk about the issue might get attention but use it to talk about victims essentially giving the victims more attention
Jim The Whale Is A Tuna

Last edited by Candy; 3 Weeks Ago at 10:24 PM..
Candy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 Weeks Ago   #14
Alpha
Chatterbox
 
3rd Dan Black Belt
Join Date: Sep 2014
Posts: 5,732
Clan: Vector



Originally Posted by Candy View Post
that entire statement can be summed up by generalization (assuming everyone who cares about racism is an SJW or thinks the same way) and statements you couldn't justify if you tried for example
"they see a white person beating a black person and they immediatly say its because of racism"
"welp, the worst it can get is getting called racist slurs (usually as a joke to get someone triggered) specially in advanced countries but it can get extreme specially in third world countries."
"they don't give a damn about context, they just want something to get offended about"

why do you think saying a racial slur in a third world country is worse than saying it in a first world country
Context is important but people using slurs like "retarted" do not consider the context of the word they are saying. or do but just neglect it.

sorry, it look like my statement is vague.
no i do not think everyone who think about racism is an sjw but they open their whining is just so annoying i had to mention them.
i was talking about racism in general not just racial slurs,
in first world countries people may hear racial slurs and thats as far as it gets (except in rare cases)
but in some third world countries people are literally getting killed and forced into slavery just because of their race(or religion if thats relevant to the topic).
in borma for example if you are a muslim they will kill you and eat you.
in saudi arabia alot of people treat african refugees as crap, i even seen a video of some people dropping an african girl from a 3 or 4 levels high building because they thought it was funny(she survived with several broken bones).
in libia they are having a local war because of racial differences and each side want to rule.
in nigeria, if a kid is born white they kill him and sell his bones for "sorcery" purposes.
its just much more messed up in the third world if you look into it, can you say that being called a racial slur is more messed up than this?

and about the word "retarted" well i never really tried to look up the context for it, its just the perfect way to describe something/someone that is overly irrational and driven by emotions.
Originally Posted by Candy View Post
"they take all the attention instead of people that are acually being discriminated because of their race and so cause people to think that "racism""
I Don't remember where i heard about Trayvon Martin first but i remember Trayvon Martin sure this is a just a case study but I can't think of any situation where someone who brought up an issue of racism got more attention then the victim, and iv'e seen a decent amount of racism on display from people Shooting on phones. I don't think anyone can can't remember the people that filmed it but remember the acts some of them are even shot by the victims. the people that talk about the issue might get attention but use it to talk about victims essentially giving the victims more attention

well, i don't really know, the only resources i have are some videos i have come across and they had quite the amount of views so i assumed that was the case. (we don't have all this sjw crap where i live, luckily)
Aadame:I'm very signaturable
It's just no one usues my shit .

Last edited by Alpha; 3 Weeks Ago at 11:10 PM..
Alpha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 Weeks Ago   #15
sleepwalking
Member
 
Green Belt
Join Date: Nov 2016
Posts: 119



Originally Posted by mainland View Post
free speech. trying to censor opinions because you dont agree with it.

free speech means you can't go to prison over expressing an opinion, not that you can't be censored or punished for offensive statements on a private forum (which reserves the right to do so in its TOS, no less)

also, racism being less common doesn't mean we shouldn't be upset about actual occurances of racism. you can find actual racism all over the fuckin place online if you browse in the right (wrong?) places. people tend to express those kinds of things less in person, but in the safety relative anonymity provided by the internet, dumb people let loose

Last edited by sleepwalking; 3 Weeks Ago at 03:08 PM..
sleepwalking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 Weeks Ago   #16
"Micah
 
5th Dan Black Belt
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,353



Originally Posted by DGRK View Post
Hear me out.

The last time that colored people were discriminated against was during the times of MLK [...]

Starting off with a statement as ignorant as this is never good.
Micah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 Weeks Ago   #17
Divine
8 - 6
 
Gamecock Feathers Belt
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 1,167



Originally Posted by DGRK View Post
The last time that colored people were discriminated against was during the times of MLK and when the ruled that you couldn't have "separate but equal schools", it took some years but from the late 1950's and onward I think society has moved past literal racism.
You don't really see people committing crimes against others because of the color of their skin do you?

I suppose if I close my eyes I don't.
Good point
Divine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 Weeks Ago   #18
Arctic
Professional Healslut
 
9th Dan Black Belt
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 3,278



yeah come the fuck on my guy
That was really bad sorry.
Someone tell me why this guy is highly respected by some people ???
Arctic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 Weeks Ago   #19
elvis
DOES NOT PLAY VIDEOGAMES
 
10th Dan Black Belt
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 3,409



I've typed so many responses and deleted them because what the fuck is this OP

you've basically said every occurrence of white people discriminating against black people is actually an overreaction and you have never seen anything disproving that, and gone on to justify it by saying you've personally never been discriminated against...

man what
elvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 Weeks Ago   #20
Ele
 
3rd Dan Black Belt
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 2,363
Clan: Aeon



Last 4 posters = Shit discussion participants.

It's easy to understand what position OP is taking here. It's pretty clear what he's getting it. Yet these past few posters have just decided to be 'funny' and take the line of attacking OP for presenting his points poorly. That's lazy and easy.

There's actually valid points of discussion here if you'd be willing to climb down from your high horses and engage with the points he's framing. Since this whole thread started, there's even been that whole shitshow with Jussie Smollet.

There's plenty to talk about. It is such a lazy and ugly thing to come in here solely to leave a disparaging comment about the OP. Fuck off with that toxicity. Either actually engage with the discussion, or don't at all.
Ele is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 04:48 PM.




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
ragdoll fighting game physics fighting game ragdoll fighting physics funmotion joints martial arts karate pc mac free game turn based game