Toribash
about me: my name is drake merwin i am very fun to be around. some times i just need to win.

belt: 2nd dan almost 3rd

reason of joining: i believe i will make a good member in this clan

any other clans: yes falcon

favourit mod's: aikido,running,wushu

rank skill 8/10

online 9/10

i would post some replay's if i knew how too
Fear is an illusion of the mind. Pain is the illusion of the senses
Originally Posted by warlizard View Post
about me: my name is drake merwin i am very fun to be around. some times i just need to win.

belt: 2nd dan almost 3rd

reason of joining: i believe i will make a good member in this clan

any other clans: yes falcon

favourit mod's: aikido,running,wushu

rank skill 8/10

online 9/10

i would post some replay's if i knew how too

This is the wrong place to apply for the clan.
Please post this in the eVo Recruitment Center.
Name: Jisse or Joakim.
Player card: Bandaid is awesome.

About your self: Well, my real name is Joakim. I'm 14 years old and I live in Sweden. I love cats and most other animals. I'm not really the guy who likes a lot of attention, atleast not IRL, I stay in my corner. I love to compete and overcome challanges, that's why I love math. I play Toribash most every day, from one to eight hours. I'm a pretty good sparrer, which doesn't show in my SP replays, sadly. I hate making selfspars. I'm good at parkour as well. But I've been sliding away from sparring and parkour in SP lately though, right now I'm trying to improve my madmen/ukebashes.
Do you have any special skills that would benefit the team?: Well, I'm an alround person. I make textures, mods and replays. I'm ok at most regular mods, but I prefer taekkyon or ErthTK. I'd love to help out with events, I guess my mods and replays can do that.
Replays (3 replays):
Windwalker: The worlds first double corkscrew. Lexx and Jaker has been trying to land this earlier, none of them did it succesfully though. Jaker even put a 20k bounty on this, which I claimed (17390tc).
Potentia: My latest selfspar. It's really old though. Didn't spend very much time on it either, selfsparring is boring to me.
Cryogenic: Numbers challenged me to do this. He did so because I said I didn't think Tamer0 was a good replaymaker. It's the worlds highest skeet.
Frozen in time: Sorry about posting four replays, I felt it was necessary to show you a ukebash.

Thank you. :)
Attached Files
Jisse - Wind walker.rpl (99.2 KB, 88 views)
Jisse - Cryogenic.rpl (350.0 KB, 58 views)
Jisse - Potentia.rpl (701.5 KB, 49 views)
Jisse - Frozen in Time.rpl (706.5 KB, 45 views)
Ok, I'm going to be serious here, I'm sorry if I sound rude but I hope a different perspective based on experience, could help you. Before I start, let me say this: I think you have great potential as a replay maker, you're growing fast and you might become the next big thing.
Let's start with the replays:
Wind walker: This might the best thing that you've ever done. I give you points here because of the speed and timing, but like you should know it doesn't look good, yeah you can say you did it like that to get the double cork, and like I said I give you points for it. I can't say that I can do one, I've never tried but still. Some of the toribash world records are not impressive at all, some of them are very easy to beat, some of them are based on luck. (don't get me wrong, there are very good ones) the fact that jaker hasn't landed one double cork its very simple and obvious: he works on every single move, making every move look as good as possible. He takes realism to the next level, so before I keep going with this I challenge you to prove me wrong by making a good looking SP double cork (with landing) yeah, I said SP because you got this one out of an mp replay, so I'm not sure if that's good or bad.
Cryogenic: This replay does not impress me. Look how your tori moves, how your arms are always stiff when you spin, and how you completely extend the gluteus while having the lumbar joint on a opposite direction (from frame 2110 to 2080) while looking stiff with one arm lowered and the other one raised (elbows as well, you should relax them more) sudden contracted knee at frame 2106 (it's much better if you contract for 1 or 2 frames then lax) then you immediately extended from frame 2098 to 2061, watch how your knee is bend the opposite way for 27 frames. Also this replay shows me that you still don't know how to grab uke and how to use that grab in your advantage. Look how you grabbed uke's head. Left arm extended wrist side grab, by doing that you are wasting all the wrist potential (wrists are extremely powerful and important when it comes to dm's, just by twitching them you can get great speeds and ghosting for booms) By now you must be like "what about the skeet?" the replay is about the skeet. This is a simple skeet, not very special, yeah you got good height but this just tells me you got patience, in fact you had to work harder in that skeet because of the way you grabbed that piece, points for that.
Potentia: I'm not even going comment on this replay it's just the same old spinning around with a few hits. I'll just say this: I've seen you constantly do this "capoeira sweep kick recover" move, falling on your back while using your arm to spin. I'm not going to say "don't use it" because there are good ways to use it but I would advise to try sparring without touching the floor with your hands it might help to discover new ways and variations to get out of that dogmatic style.
Frozen in time: All though as mad man it wasn't bad, the fact that you moved uke in your advantage it's a no no for me.

Now let me point out that this replays are not bad, there are good things here, but nothing outstanding. Like I said you have great potential and you just need one last step (skill wise)

Now replays aside I found one problem, and that is your attitude. I know the lack of maturity and that vast need of approval from others affects your behavior, well you are 14 this is normal but I hope my opinion could change your perspective just a little.
I've seen you talking bad about other players imposing that you are better than most of them or any other player in this game, hell you even said to day that you were one of the best players in the world... you are not even in that league yet. Yeah, yet.

Saying that tamer0 is not a good replay maker it is absurd, you are just comparing his replays to what we see now this days. You can't take out the contribution that guys like tamer0 gave to this game and us the replay makers. This game it's been evolving since the day it started. Few years back no one could even spar, peps didn't even knew that it was possible, keep going back and same with booms etc. So you can't compare yourself with him, when you started this game, things like sparring/tricking/parkour/multy booming, etc. Were already completely normal, everyone did them, as a result it's much easier to learn(It's like if a soccer player right now said that he is better than Pele or Maradona)

You also said that nuthug its not good, in other words he is bad and you are better. Same deal with tamer0 here. I'm not even going to start with this, I'm just going to say that probably without him (nuthug) we wouldn't be here today. I don't think anyone could ever contribute to this game as much as he did, in some way, good or bad he has inspired most of the great replay makers. I can tell that even with the skill that he has left he's still better than you. After all that kiss ass, let me tell you I don't like nuthug at all.
This one was the best, I once saw you saying that you and swex were at the same level... hahaha bro you are not 30% of what swex is.

After all this, I suppose the little amount of libido that you had on me its long gone. If you think I did this to get you mad or any of that kind, is very wrong. I don't know why I did it, maybe I see something in you that I don't see in every player. If I didn't care I wouldn't have wasted any time writing this and I would have simply said "no".
Remember there's always going be someone better, so you have to keep evolving. Don't get stuck where you are, from the way you talk it seems that could happen. You are good, you have skill and you are above average, but if you stay there you'll become nothing.

As for the team its a NO for now. Keep growing, I do think you could become a great member in the future and make us proud of having you in the team.
I wish you the best luck Sorry for bad english
Last edited by largeKilla; Feb 10, 2013 at 10:33 PM.
[ORMO] [OLDA] [The Team] [The JHX Experience]
Good day Dr. Freud
Wait...
I've never said that NutHug is a bad player (possibly overrated), I've most certinaly never compared my self with Swex and I have absolutely never said that I'm the best in the world.
Where are you getting all of this from...?
I know I've got a bad attitude, I'm working on that. You're toally right about what you said about my age and all. Good thing you explained about the old replaymakers too, that's a new angle for me, since I weren't here back then. I shall not compare them to the newer toribashers.
Thanks for your long response.

Oh and those replays were made only to beat records.
Last edited by jisse; Feb 10, 2013 at 11:12 PM.
I don't made shit up bro, I talk from what I've seen.
Even though its possible that I misunderstand you, I'm not out of context.
This could help you as an example of how peps can have different interpretations of what you say. So be careful on what you say. This game has or had the particularity of unlimited free alts, so you never know who is watching.

I hope this is clear and lets just buried this topic and move on.
Keep practicing and very important analize other players replays.
If you need help with replay making, feel free to pm me. If I have the time I'll help you.
[ORMO] [OLDA] [The Team] [The JHX Experience]
Good day Dr. Freud
Originally Posted by jisse View Post
I've most certinaly never compared my self with Swex

Yes, you did. You did it yesterday, Large and me was in the room.
I have absolutely never said that I'm the best in the world.
Where are you getting all of this from...?

No, but your sentences about yourself aren't far from that.
I know I've got a bad attitude, I'm working on that. You're toally right about what you said about my age and all. Good thing you explained about the old replaymakers too, that's a new angle for me, since I weren't here back then. I shall not compare them to the newer toribashers.
Thanks for your long response.

Oh and those replays were made only to beat records.

You deserve Large's answer. Not only for your bad points, but especially for your goods. I think if you was just a bad player without a good potential, this conversation never existed.

I agree with Large.

For myself :

Your corkscrew is good, but like Large, i feel some luck in that. And only the scorkcrew move is good, not the opener, not the landing. There is a lack of care.

Seflspar : I will say you what I am forced to say to a lot of sparrers that they take themselves for pros : The general looking isn't only about two flows in the same room, its about two flows working together to make something, there : a fight with realistic looking. I don't think someone who is jumping everywhere is a realist fight.

I done Fallen Shadow, I had the opportunity to understand really deep your way of thinking when you are moving, like I do for all people in my vids. The point I would say is : You have the skills to choose the best way, but you still prefer choosing the easiest.

So, I say no for two reasons :

- Your skills : You don't use your full potential.

- Your attitude : Work more, talk less.

Take it easy dude, we take time to answer, there is a reason for that. Be more careful in what you do and in your relationships with others.
Last edited by Mocucha; Feb 11, 2013 at 09:22 AM.

My Youtube channel : Mocucha Toribash

/Appear

I feel as if I should comment on this NutHug business.
Yes, he is a good replay maker.. but, as for him bringing the replay world (and anything else on topic) to the next level.. I would have to disagree, without the players that came before him, he wouldn't be where he is today.
the player (or players) who most contributed to the SP/realism world by my opinion based on EXP, years of game history, and watching the eVolution of the game would have to be Noweb, Dafe, & ChezDa. They gave everyone a different perspective on how the game can be played and gave future players a starting point, branching off what they presented to the game players trained to one day display Toribash in the unique way they did.
Where 1 player brings new insperation, so does others.
Where player A inspires player B, player B inspires player C, and so starts a never ending cicle. The games Old schoolers has perfected the basic movements, rotations, timings, etc. (I guess in short, Physics) which gave players a faster, stronger, & a more "well rounded" learning curve.
There was once a time where running/walking was thought to be an impossible task to accomplish... And then [Torigod]Patrick graced us with the games 1st full complete walk/run and forever changed the way the physics were looked at. (When I 1st saw it, I shat bricks.. truths)
Also archery or what players today call "head tossing/passing" was discovered by a player named Spritecat. (very old eVo member/see Roster History sticky)

Older or "outdated" products of all kinds along with most of everything had a starting point and from that day on evolved in many ways to give a better or more positive outlook on said "products", expanding portions & areas, adding & upgrading, making it overall better.. but, no matter how great something is you always look back at what it once was to what it is today because of it.
The Earth was not created in a day, good things take time and patients, but great things require Understanding..

Not sure if my views and opinions mean much here but to each there own..
Peace, Love & 420
Last edited by Tripstone; Feb 11, 2013 at 11:40 AM.
Originally Posted by largeKilla View Post
Frozen in time: All though as mad man it wasn't bad, the fact that you moved uke in your advantage it's a no no for me.

The only time I moved uke was the few frames at the start, extending his abs. I don't really see how this gives me the big advantage you're talking about.

Originally Posted by largeKilla View Post
This one was the best, I once saw you saying that you and swex were at the same level... hahaha bro you are not 30% of what swex is.

I swear to god, I never said that. And even if I only am 30% of swex, there's no reason to laugh at me. That's a really good way to make me sad

Originally Posted by Mocucha View Post
Your corkscrew is good, but like Large, i feel some luck in that. And only the scorkcrew move is good, not the opener, not the landing. There is a lack of care.

There's no luck involved in the corkscrew...
That took several hours to make.

Let's drop this now, and I'll get working on improving my attitude, which shouldn't be too hard, since I know what people find offensive, and my replays.
This is worth a try
Name: Real name: Christian Ingame name: Woohooman
Player card: About yourself: Sorry about this, it's kinda bugging out. I'm a sparrer and I kinda can do parkour. I live in Canada and the leader of my clan refers to me as the sparer.
Do you have any special skills that will benefit the Team: Well i'm not sure if this is a skill but climb up walls without grab if i'm hanging onto them
Replays(three replays):
Attached Files
Epic agressive spar.rpl (992.6 KB, 26 views)
My first sword spar.rpl (552.8 KB, 18 views)