Toribash
Original Post
Earn More Toricredits Per Fight with the ToriBooster!
The first formal introduction of the ToriBooster!
The ToriBooster allows you to earn more ToriCredits per fight!

The ToriBoosters are available in three varieties, all available in the "Paid Subscriptions" section of your User CP.

ToriBooster*5
ToriBooster*5 will award you with 50 ToriCredits per win instead of 10!

Pricing:
One Month - $5
Two Months - $9 (Save $1)
Three Months - $13 (Save $2)

ToriBooster*10
ToriBooster*10 will award you with 100 ToriCredits per win instead of 10!

Pricing:
One Month - $10
Two Months - $18 (Save $2)
Three Months - $26 (Save $4)

ToriBooster*20
ToriBooster*20 will award you with 200 ToriCredits per win instead of 10!

Pricing:
One Month - $20
Two Months - $36 (Save $4)
Three Months - $52 (Save $8)

To make a purchase of any of the above subscriptions, please visit the "Paid Subscriptions" section of your User CP. You will need a PayPal account to make a purchase.

If you have any questions about the ToriBooster, please ask in this thread!
Last edited by veb; Sep 15, 2007 at 11:26 AM.
Hi. I used to be a damn good mod (wayback 2008 and earlier) and then veb made me not a mod.
Been playing competitive Team Fortress 2.
Yeah toribooster is great, it helped me alot when i won sambo showdown.
Back in my day...
Originally Posted by Hamade View Post
OKay one question I got.

Can you stock em up? To like 5 stocks of 5, 3 stocks of 10 and 2 sotck of 20

(just keepin things fair for the pay off)

Hi,

You can only stock the individual boosters, so maximum is 35x (5+10+20).
Is it worth it for you? Here's the maths.
For a toribooster to be worth it for you, you must earn more from it than you would from buying toricredits directly.

That is, you must earn from the toribooster addition to tc gained from your fights in the booster period.

You ordinarily earn 10tc per win. Given the booster scale goes up proportionate to the amount you pay, but not to the original 10tc, the $20 package is best bang for buck, as follows:

$5 = booster*5 = 50tc - 10tc = 40tc extra per win
$10 = booster*10 = 100tc - 10tc = 90tc extra per win
$20 = booster*20 = 200tc - 10tc = 190tc extra per win

You're also better off buying the longer subscriptions, as you get a discount. The discount is directly proportionate between boosters:
$1 in $5 for the *5
$2 in $10 for the *10
$4 in $20 for the *20

For the TB * 20 over three months, this is $8 off, leaving an initial investment of $52.

Spent directly, this would be 52000 toricredits (take a few cents).

For the booster to be worth it, you must win enough fights to cover and then surpass this amount.

So at best, you buy a 3 month *20 subscription, which is 190 bonus per win.
in 3 months, there are roughly 90 days.

To win enough to make a profit, you must win more than 52000/(190*90) games on average per day over the duration. That is, with the best valued ToriBooster, winning just over 3 games a day.

To win enough to make a profit using the *20 booster over 1 month you must win more than 20000/(190*30) games on average per day over the duration. That is, with the best valued ToriBooster, winning just over 3.5 games per day. If you miss say 2 days per week, that's 20000/(190*22) = 4.75 which translates to winning 5 games per day for 3/4 of the month and 4 games the remaining 1/4 of the month.

Just for the scrooges out there that have work and family commitments. ;)
Last edited by Celarion; Sep 25, 2007 at 08:11 AM.
While reading that, I hadn't seen the end... thought you were trying to say you'd have to win 52000 games per day to break even :X

N I was liek "lolwut?"
I can do that easily. >.>

<suomynona> It might kill you, but, that's the worst it'll do
I'd rather get booster for 20$ rather than just get 20,000 credits. if you think about it, 25 wins per day in 31 days could be about 155,000 credits i believe.

so your saying you would rather pay 155 dollars instead of winning 25 games a day?

I think?
Last edited by Pirate_old; Oct 13, 2007 at 03:43 PM.