Toribash
Originally Posted by GenkiSudo View Post
Apple has reached the point where it simply enjoys from the lethargy of the people. Thats why its not even giving a much of a fuck about it... They'll buy it anyway.

Then it's people's fault for being mindless consumers.
If that is Apple's plan, then they are certainly doing something right.
Originally Posted by steve View Post
Then it's people's fault for being mindless consumers.
If that is Apple's plan, then they are certainly doing something right.

"doing something right".... from which perspective? From the economic perspective?
Because from the ethical and moral its very far from being acceptable.

And its the people's fault for being mindless drones/consumers.
But its also Apple's fault for failing so hard on a critical component such as the antenna...
"There is enough on earth for everybody's need, but not for everyone's greed." - Mohandas Gandhi
"doing something right".... from which perspective? From the economic perspective?

But its also Apple's fault for failing so hard on a critical component such as the antenna...

Are you the moral police or something?
As long as people continue to buy Apple's products it is no fault on their behalf.
You can cut the cheese any way you want, but in the end Apple is only in it for the money.
Apple could take a shit on all of their customers faces and as long as they are on time for their face-dump it's only their fault if they show up.
That being said, I do like Apple's products and I don't think they are dumping on my face.
:3
Are you the moral police or something?

Shouldn't we all do our best to be a part of that force?
As citizens and consumers, we have the right to protest against such wrongdoings, whatever they are (from the criminal, all the way to the ridicule such as an antenna placement). Thats why we have consumers defense organizations such as DECO in Portugal and many homologous organizations in all developed countries. There's a need for balance and fairness.

As long as people continue to buy Apple's products it is no fault on their behalf.

Why not recognizing both faults? I see multiple faults here. Lets be fair and not legitimize this type of conduct. OR else we'll start to see a really dark future ahead in terms of respect towards consumers. And I don't mean the "The consumer is always right" principle. I mean fair principles.

What about monopolies? You also think that just because the masses are stupid the corporations like Microsoft and Intel shouldn't be punished for their opportunistic behaviors that are illegal under US and European antitrust laws?

You can cut the cheese any way you want, but in the end Apple is only in it for the money.

Don't try to turn capitalism into an half-assed excuse more than it already is.
Getting money is not a justification for unethical behavior. Thats why monopolies are illegal. Maybe you should read a bit more on how the ends don't justify the means when it comes to getting money. Or else you'll end up with a more fucked up society than what it already is.

Apple could take a shit on all of their customers faces and as long as they are on time for their face-dump it's only their fault if they show up.
That being said, I do like Apple's products and I don't think they are dumping on my face.
:3

Oh now I get it... You'd rather blame the direct consumers (even tough you're one of them) than blame the corporation who's behind the poor design of the antenna... Isn't that sad?

Oh and wait some months. You'll see what happens to itunes store monopolistic position.
http://www.edibleapple.com/doj-inves...itrust-issues/
The answer is... Nothing will happen.. Just a small fine that Apple will easily pay from all of the catalyzed profit using with obscure methodology. Sadly the fines are never enough to punish these behaviors accordingly... And we have all the reasons to worry about it.
Last edited by GenkiSudo; Jul 21, 2010 at 08:59 PM.
"There is enough on earth for everybody's need, but not for everyone's greed." - Mohandas Gandhi
Frankly, Apple failed on this one.

your attempt to protect apple is really strange steve, you both despise the way it works, while defending that, that is the way it is, and we have no say in how it should be. Your tacit admission that apple is doing this, then your response that you like their products anyway is also awkward. Realize as I have that the point isn't "apple made it", the point is that the product sucks for such and such reasons, given it's price, can't you admit to that, and from there, can't you realize why people then associate this failure with apple?
Shouldn't we all do our best to be a part of that force?
As citizens and consumers, we have the right to protest against such wrongdoings, whatever they are (from the criminal, all the way to the ridicule such as an antenna placement). Thats why we have consumers defense organizations such as DECO in Portugal and many homologous organizations in all developed countries. There's a need for balance and fairness.

Your stance makes absolutely no sense. The people who are complaining don't even own this product. You are entitled to your opinion, as all people are, but be reasonable. If you don't want it, (which clearly, you don't) don't buy it.

Why not recognizing both faults? I see multiple faults here. Lets be fair and not legitimize this type of conduct. OR else we'll start to see a really dark future ahead in terms of respect towards consumers. And I don't mean the "The consumer is always right" principle. I mean fair principles.

Again, people still have the ability to make choices for themselves. The facts are on the table, Apple "tried" to make amends, and people still are buying iPhone 4s like hotcakes. Why?

What about monopolies? You also think that just because the masses are stupid the corporations like Microsoft and Intel shouldn't be punished for their opportunistic behaviors that are illegal under US and European antitrust laws?

What about monopolies? Those companies =/= Apple? As I said multiple times before, no one is being forced into anything.

Don't try to turn capitalism into an half-assed excuse more than it already is.
Getting money is not a justification for unethical behavior. Thats why monopolies are illegal. Maybe you should read a bit more on how the ends don't justify the means when it comes to getting money. Or else you'll end up with a more fucked up society than what it already is.

Apple isn't the Peace Corps. BP isn't the Peace Corps. Obviously the problem in the Gulf that BP had a major role in is a serious issue, probably one of the biggest of the decade. Don't liken Apples iPhone 4 shenanigans to something like that.

Oh now I get it... You'd rather blame the direct consumers (even tough you're one of them) than blame the corporation who's behind the poor design of the antenna... Isn't that sad?

How is it sad? Again, no one forced anyone to buy anything. I did it, and people continue to do it regardless of the antenna issue.

Oh and wait some months. You'll see what happens to itunes store monopolistic position.
http://www.edibleapple.com/doj-inves...itrust-issues/
The answer is... Nothing will happen.. Just a small fine that Apple will easily pay from all of the catalyzed profit using with obscure methodology. Sadly the fines are never enough to punish these behaviors accordingly... And we have all the reasons to worry about it.

Was that question supposed to be rhetorical? Or did you just answer it yourself?

Let me conclude.
If Apple says "buy this product," that doesn't mean that you have to.
People can choose whether or not they want to buy something.
In the end, after everyone knows all the facts, people are still buying and enjoying a faulty product.

Originally Posted by Voxus View Post
Frankly, Apple failed on this one.

your attempt to protect apple is really strange steve, you both despise the way it works, while defending that, that is the way it is, and we have no say in how it should be. Your tacit admission that apple is doing this, then your response that you like their products anyway is also awkward. Realize as I have that the point isn't "apple made it", the point is that the product sucks for such and such reasons, given it's price, can't you admit to that, and from there, can't you realize why people then associate this failure with apple?

I don't despise them for the antenna issue, why would I? I enjoy my iPhone 4. I understand why some people would be angry or disappointed, because obviously this product is faulty. It seems to me though that the majority of the complaints come from people who do not and will not purchase the product, which makes absolutely no sense to me.
Last edited by evets; Jul 22, 2010 at 02:28 AM.
Your stance makes absolutely no sense. The people who are complaining don't even own this product. You are entitled to your opinion, as all people are, but be reasonable. If you don't want it, (which clearly, you don't) don't buy it.

How come it makes no sense? And a lot of the people who are complaining do own the Iphone4. Just watch the apple support forum. Its filled with people complaining about their problems with the reception.

Again, people still have the ability to make choices for themselves. The facts are on the table, Apple "tried" to make amends, and people still are buying iPhone 4s like hotcakes. Why?

You answer me that. You're not going to use the argumentum ad populum to prove your points, are you?

What about monopolies? Those companies =/= Apple? As I said multiple times before, no one is being forced into anything.

Did you read the link I posted? Plus I'm talking in a general way as an example that the ends don't justify the means.

Apple isn't the Peace Corps. BP isn't the Peace Corps. Obviously the problem in the Gulf that BP had a major role in is a serious issue, probably one of the biggest of the decade. Don't liken Apples iPhone 4 shenanigans to something like that.

http://gawker.com/5548195/heres-the-...suicide-pledge

How is it sad? Again, no one forced anyone to buy anything. I did it, and people continue to do it regardless of the antenna issue.

And what are they?
Does that mean that Apple didn't fail on that?
Does that mean that just because Bush was reelected he was a great president who didn't made some of the worst mistakes ever in an American Government?

Was that question supposed to be rhetorical? Or did you just answer it yourself?

I'll let you find out for yourself.

Let me conclude.
If Apple says "buy this product," that doesn't mean that you have to.
People can choose whether or not they want to buy something.
In the end, after everyone knows all the facts, people are still buying and enjoying a faulty product.

Does that mean that there shouldn't be complains? Think of this thread and all the complains as a warning signal for people to actually start thinking for their own and forget the bandwagon effect.

I don't despise them for the antenna issue, why would I? I enjoy my iPhone 4. I understand why some people would be angry or disappointed, because obviously this product is faulty. It seems to me though that the majority of the complaints come from people who do not and will not purchase the product, which makes absolutely no sense to me.

Of course it makes sense. Some of those are probably not buying it because of that fault.
Also... Do you have suffer directly from Chinese oppression in order to have the right to be supportive of the Freedom for Tibet cause?
What you said, sir, is what doesn't make sense.
Last edited by GenkiSudo; Jul 22, 2010 at 03:15 AM.
Equating a faulty antenna to the Freedom for Tibet cause is just ignorant on your part.
Also, read this before assuming Foxconn is a shithole.
http://gizmodo.com/5585460/scenes-fr...oxconn-factory

Since when were you the authority on ethics and morals?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
ALL HAIL THE METAPHOR!!
Moral of the story?

Majority of consumers are stupid.. Most consumers don't know what they are getting themselves into and usually just ride the "hype wave" without even paying too much attention the other options they have at their disposal. And companies try their best to take advantage of that. Thats life.

No point in ranting and raging about it at all. Just dont buy the product. And when it explodes in the consumers' faces you can be there to make them feel better by letting out a loud and annoying "I Told You So." (I know I sure will)

I never liked Apple/Mac or wutever (call me wutever you like) since they patented multi-touch. Tbh all they are doing right now is slowing down the creativity of other companies. I mean seriously.. they released the same phone like 10 different times already with no major upgrade to the software or physical appearance. They added an extra camera and buttons now but the EVO 4G is a better choice. Its whatever though.. no one listens anyway smh -___-