Toribash
Original Post
High preservatives in foods
Ok, so for a while I've wanted to talk about this.
I've have eaten bologna as a lunch food for school for a couple years now. Problem is it has WAY too many nitrates to even be a food let alone nutritious. I read that eating it and other processed foods like hot dogs, certain hams, etc. in high quantities is almost as bad as smoking cigarettes and can have dire effects later in life, such as cancer/ colon diseases.
Is anyone else worried about this?
If you really want to live a long, healthy life. You should consider spending hours on nutritional diet websites, and possibly go vegan.

Sugar itself has been declared a poison by many people. http://www.ucsf.edu/news/2009/06/818...ose-sugar-diet

Pretty much the same thing with preservatives.

Bottom line is, unless you hunt and cook all of your food with no outside help, you won't live as long a life as you could.

As for me, I don't care. As long as I don't have too much sugar, preservatives, or artifically food, I'll still be alive for a while. Death at 70 doesn't bother me in the slightest.
I agree with Zayex baby.
If your moderate and eat semi healthy but enjoy your junk food every now and then is the best way to go about it. Also eating the same food for lunch every day is a terrible thing and can cause many problems. ALSO AGAIN if you spend your whole life eating super healthy to live 100 years, those last 20-35 years are going to be full of you being a slow, hard pooper of a man.
i created the ??? emoji
like a lighter bitch we ignit
Touche to both of you. I'm just not all that sure what else I could take to lunch other then deli meats with the money I have.
Your choices for fast food:

Wendy's - pretty good, but obviously no where near as good as rib eye steak or fillet mignon.

McDonalds - Has pretty clean food, but REALLY bad ingredients. (They use artifical pink slime that is made from chicken bones and fat to make their nuggets)

Burger King - Their food actualy isn't that bad, the meat is "OK" quality meat, and it's even healthier because it's grilled. But Burger King is notorious for having very unclean ingredients, that carry E Coli bacteria.

Subway: Their ingredients may be better and cleaner than most of the competition, but they aren't really as "Fresh" as their slogan would imply.

If I were you, I'd just eat fruit (from a healthfood store, otherwise monsanto will be all over it) and turkey for lunch, occasionally having other things that aren't as good for you.
Got it. I have also been eating a lot of whole grain and Granola as well. So at least my diet isn't completely unhealthy.
I just don't wanna live with all the health problems certain foods can cause.
I partly agree with you others. Yes, you better eat healthy and live healthy. BUT: vegans don't live older than others, do they? I just see them getting skinny and losing muscle mass. ;/
That's because it differs from person to person.
Certain people can only get a certain amount of protein/ vitamins into their systems. The rest is either put to storage or is wasted.
People who go vegan can live longer. It just depends on who you are and what your body prefers. Most people who go vegan don't absorb as much protein in their systems. Which is why they are usually so skinny.
True, even with things like drinking water. Some people need to drink a lot to stay healthy, others don't. A woman in my town even died of drinking too much water. So if people tell you "Eat lots of fruit" or "drink lots of water" just know your limits.
There are far more healthier foods besides meat that we can digest, which are less harmful to our bodies. I'm vegetarian/peskitarian myself, my diet excludes land animals and birds but I still eat fish due to the protein.