Ranking
Originally Posted by Hexecution View Post
Really cool looking! Except there's something a bit......offsetting......about the head. Are those crowns, or thicc eyebrows? o.0

what do you mean by crowns?
all the lines are drawn free by mind,

this is the thing i love about texturing:

I do not make textures by any strict rules or ways, for me it is important to be creative. I do not watch any tutorials or any similiar, i just draw by my imagination, which allows me to create unique textures.

So most likely, it is just a line drawn, which turned out to be a little "offset" to people, which however connects to the rest of the textures, so it matches into a set. If you mean the black boldish line, it was meant to be bold, so it looks more intense with the eyes being hidden under it with that mysterious mad look. If you mean the orangeish lines, they are supposed to represent the might of the head. I guess thats why you thought about a "crown". They are something im actualy realy proud of on the headtexture since they are just simple lines i pulled out, which then turned out to look mad on the head.

Also by the way:

I am probably going to finish this, this weekend.
( have an idea on the hands, they are going to be fists with an unique simple look matching the black lines of the set, i wont however add orangeish lines to it, or maybe yes? Just writing it down here so i dont forget )
Last edited by Cobra; Mar 10, 2017 at 02:56 AM.
Finished it.
Didn't want to put in a torso since i am fine with it being simple.
It looks also simply better in an amber color/demon color whenever u wanna change :P
Also i kept the fists simple, i mapped them nice but however i didnt add too much on them. Lines ended on arms so the fists actualy are ok in my eyes.
Im fking proud of this set didnt think i could go this far.
Time for me to take a break of sets again B-)

I

FINISHED

THIS

AWESOME

SET

Originally Posted by Cobra View Post
I didnt use any pen tablet simply mouse and gimp and paint ;)

MORE QUESTION !

What tool's are you used in GIMP ?
How did you make the end of each stroke is Pointed ?
How do you Colour it ?
~ded~
Originally Posted by Dumbn00b View Post
MORE QUESTION !

What tool's are you used in GIMP ?
How did you make the end of each stroke is Pointed ?
How do you Colour it ?

I will make a tutorial how i make the textures for you later ;) also what do you mean by ends are pointed? Also ull understand how i color it once i show u the tools used, dunno how to call them now currently in school :'D
Originally Posted by Cobra View Post
what do you mean by ends are pointed?

I think he means since brushes usually have round shapes how can you get such a nice point tip to your strokes.

I've been wondering how people get clean pointy strokes too, i'd love to see the toturial

p.s.

I know its finished but if you want to change something the fingers need a lil more shading : ( its not THAT bad if you want to keep it besides the set looks really dope
nice retro set cobra!

a few suggestions for next time
thicker lines
personally i think 80% of the orange lines on this set could have benefited being a little thicker. being a simplistic set its best to use all the space available at hand or it feels empty
To me it felt slapped together not too thought out
think about the overall result/feeling you want to give off when someone looks at your set

to restate it is a cool set but i see some improvement in curtain places
I still take texture requests for usd