Ranking
Original Post
Do you think that we are more intelligent then our ancestors in the stone age?
I mean think about it, if we (us Humans the way we are now) were to be put into the wild with no knowledge at all about what was going on it would take time for us to find out about all that stuff.
Could we not have been the same exact person just that our looks were different. I mean they must have had some sort of knowledge about the solar system or some sort of hypothesis about the earth turning around by just observing the sky and the stars.
So do you think that we were as intelligent as the people in the stone age? In other words do you think that the human brain had adapted or changed with the body or just stayed the same and the body has changed over time? maby we are dummer the out ancesters, who knows.
[Hunters]
Of course we are more intelligent than our stone-age ancestors. However, I doubt we are as smart as our ancestors from 30-60 years ago. Disciplining gets lazier, education gets more "fun."

If you're going to use this type of argument, you sort of have to define the difference between "intelligent" and "smart."
Last edited by hanz0; Mar 2, 2013 at 06:49 PM.
We're all going to Hell, we may as well go out in style
Death is a promise, and your life is a fucking lie
i think that the modern generation is not intelligent than the stone-age human.
Cause the modern generation is borning with computer that work instead the human.
But the stone-age generation is not borning with the pc or mac or something else, they was borned with a only stone and then they was must use all they're brain for survive. It's not the seme now

that's what i think about that

Are you defining intelligence as the capacity to survive, then? Because I could point out some animals that are far more intelligent than us, by that definition.
Last edited by hanz0; Mar 2, 2013 at 06:51 PM.
Tonight ... Biko Joins the Hunt!
Well Regent...
Originally Posted by Turtlenecks View Post
Actually, as a race, our IQ increases on an average of 3 points per decade. When IQ testing was first introduced, they scored 70. That's Forrest Gump style stupid.

This is a really stupid topic for discussion. You're going to have people posting their opinions based on NO research and you're going to have the people that did research repeating what they say, trying to get through to the no-research crowd.

The answer is yes.

/thread

Personally I'm a little iffy on how representative IQ actually is of intelligence, but we have to start our assumptions somewhere.
Last edited by hanz0; Mar 2, 2013 at 06:57 PM.
do u really think that the new generation is like the stone-age generation?
are u teasing me?
Tonight ... Biko Joins the Hunt!
Ok so if i comunity of us people as we are now were to be set into the wild and a group of stone age people were to be set into the wild, both groups dont know shit.
Which group would be more likely to succeed?
And @Regent101 what is your evidence then that we are more intelligent?

Another weird definition of intelligence.
Last edited by hanz0; Mar 2, 2013 at 06:55 PM.
[Hunters]
TurtleNecks, I love how you made a quip against people who post their opinion, yet you quoted yourself.

Anyway... I didn't go into much detail. Which was my bad.

So:

The stone age human was primarily focused on building, survival, basic communication correct? So as long as a stone age person could build a shack, kill an animal or two, then tell his friends about it, he is as smart as he is ever going to be.

However, nowadays, people are MUCH are intelligent than then. But, there are also much more things to learn, you can't learn everything, no matter how hard you wanted to.
... And? The fact that we're not capable of learning the ridiculous volume of information available to us does not somehow detract from our intelligence.

So even though IQ is much higher now, the inability to learn everything that is comprehend-able and available is what sets us apart from our stone-age ancestors.
So you're arguing that being able to learn 100% of 10 facts is somehow better than being able to learn 10% of 1 million facts?

Did I make any sense just now? (Sorry if I didn't provide enough detail or make much sense, I don't usually post in the discussion board.)
Last edited by hanz0; Mar 2, 2013 at 06:57 PM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
We're all going to Hell, we may as well go out in style
Death is a promise, and your life is a fucking lie