Ranking
Original Post
Remove/Revamp — Item Lottery
This is the old Item Lottery: http://forum.toribash.com/tori_lottery.php

I'm not too sure if it doesn't work, or it just isn't used anymore, but it kinda just needs to be removed—that is, unless it's being worked on. In that case, bring it back! It looks like an incredibly easy way for the staff to regulate the amount of tc circulating within the community.

If anyone has any suggestions on how to revamp it, please post them down below! I'd be happy to edit them into the original post.

NOTE: Just to clarify, I don't have any clue how long it would take to revamp the item lottery. If a site developer has any insight on this, please give it here. It'd be awesome to know!
Correct me if I'm wrong but I think lotteries took format of forum events as it's more convenient, so I doubt that this will ever be used again.

However it seems like a good memorial for people who won it in the past so I don't feel like it should be removed. It's not in your face anyways and it can be easily ignored.
Quite simply, it didn't really work.

I was involved in the initial run of lotteries, the Market Squad spent a fair amount of time discussing what was a reasonable expectation of TC that would be sunk from each lottery. iirc it was exclusively the first lottery that met expectations. The rest all resulted in ticket numbers been drastically cut as users were becoming increasingly frustrated at how long the lotteries were taking to complete (they would run until all tickets sold).

It could have been managed better. I am sure the original idea was to have one lottery a month, but in the view of pushing a new feature they were rolled out haphazardly. Often with poorly thought out prizes, ticket prices and with multiple parallel lotteries slowing ticket sales to near deadlock.

Add to the fact that some of the first winners were Market Squad members and known rich marketers and a lot of people simply got frustrated and decided not to spend anymore on tickets. The addition of achievements helped slightly but not enough to justify the creation of more lotteries.

I just wanted to provide some context, it might be worth trying again, if it was better managed this time around.
Originally Posted by Smaguris View Post
Correct me if I'm wrong but I think lotteries took format of forum events as it's more convenient, so I doubt that this will ever be used again.

However it seems like a good memorial for people who won it in the past so I don't feel like it should be removed. It's not in your face anyways and it can be easily ignored.

If we're talking about memorials here, they could just as easily receive an achievement for winning the lottery back when it was ran. According to Fee, they already have.
This will most likely not be revamped with reasons stated above such as:
  • It really didn't work out
  • It's kind of a Market Squad event type thing now
  • and other things such as it being based around the forum

However i'll talk to sir about getting this "removed" or something, see if we can disable in some form.